Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Stellar" QB Performances Around the League Today.... « previous next »
Page: 1

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

: December 03, 2006, 10:03:38 PM

Bruce was bad today but look at these numbers!

Brad Johnson - 11/26 - 73 Yards - 4 INT

Rex Grossman - 6/19 - 34 Yards - 3 INT

David Carr - 7/14 - 32 Yards - 0 INT

No TDs by any of these guys....

Brad is getting old but what's the excuse for the other two?
And Chicago hopes to go to a SB with Grossman? Fans are
calling for Griese. Grossman has 14 interceptions in his last 7
games. Now that's gross!

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#1 : December 03, 2006, 10:09:25 PM

Grossman is terrible.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 03, 2006, 10:14:44 PM

If you watched that Bears-Vikings game, you'd have seen some pretty lousy QB play. I like Brad, but he made a couple of ridiculous mental mistakes out there.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 03, 2006, 10:30:11 PM

Was this thread an effort to cheer readers up???  The stats did make me laugh bc they are sooo terrible, so thanks for the effort.  LOL.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 03, 2006, 10:33:50 PM

Not meant to cheer. It's just amazing to me to see those numbers. They're not my teams so I
don't care emotionally.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#5 : December 03, 2006, 10:34:19 PM

I'd say this is one of the lowest points for QB talent in the NFL in a long time.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 03, 2006, 11:17:29 PM

Now that is interesting naplesbuc.  Seems the league has done everything in its' power to enable qbs to be successful.  The qb hitting rules and defensive back contact limitation are all intended to help the offense.  Create more offense score more points and more fans will watch right?

Well the defense has to be successful as well - so what do they do - since you can touch a wide out they will rush the passer to prevent an accurate pass from being thrown, or if the ball is caught they will attempt to separate the receiver from the ball (or his head if possible). 

End product - what we see now is not parity in my very humble opinion - it is generally mediocrity.  The "best" are just that but everyone else has huge ups and downs in performance.  Parity is a poor idea, but ending up mdeiocrity makes it all worse.  JMHO.

PS the distance between poor (like Grad's production at this point) and good (like little Manning) is very little.  For all those biting at Grads, consider where the bucs would be if the wrs on this team could catch the damn ball like .... David Boston, or some other player with hands and willingness to make a play.  JMHO.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#7 : December 03, 2006, 11:19:00 PM

If you just look at how bad Cutler has played tonight you have to understand that Gradkowski has overachieved for what should be his expectations. 

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#8 : December 03, 2006, 11:21:57 PM

Grads has done ok for a rookie but I'd still like to see progress.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#9 : December 03, 2006, 11:25:52 PM

Grads has done ok for a rookie but I'd still like to see progress.

Imo Bruce has lost some of the pocket presence and game management ability he displayed in the first few games.  He is taking more sacks.  He is forcing more throws.

I still don't think his lack of arm strength disqualifies him but he has to do everything else well.  In his defense, his supporting cast has let him down at the worst time.

#10 : December 04, 2006, 08:28:07 AM

Grossman is terrible.

Collingsworth said it best...... "Rex Grossman was, well, gross man!!"

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 04, 2006, 09:23:57 AM

What Grossman did was a crime against the position. He should have the ghosts of Joe Montana, Dan Fouts and Johnny Unitis show up and beat hit with a sack of nickels.

He had a rating of 0.0 through the 3rd quarter.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 04, 2006, 10:11:18 AM

Where's all of the Grossman supporters.......errrrrrr...... Gator fans??

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 04, 2006, 11:01:37 AM

Imo Bruce has lost some of the pocket presence and game management ability he displayed in the first few games.  He is taking more sacks.  He is forcing more throws.

Agreed. And withhis short stature and the OL not opening up decent passing lanes, he's not seeing defenders who are making plays on the football.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 04, 2006, 11:11:31 AM

Imo Bruce has lost some of the pocket presence and game management ability he displayed in the first few games. He is taking more sacks. He is forcing more throws.

Agreed. And withhis short stature and the OL not opening up decent passing lanes, he's not seeing defenders who are making plays on the football.

Another reason for his diminishing performance is the fact that teams have film on him now, so they can take advantage of weaknesses they see.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Stellar" QB Performances Around the League Today.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools