Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs sign DL Marques Douglas « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 13, 2008, 03:14:41 PM

I don't understand why people think we are not doing enough.. But at least Pewter Report is so much more positve than the Bucs.com board they are so negative over there.. I wonder where there allegiance is sometimes...

This guy is a huge pickup.. Giants showed us to rotate with many Dlinemen and you can win another title...

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

MBF

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 13, 2008, 03:16:03 PM

Ehhhhh we'll see, but there is still nothing to get excited about over there at One Buc Place right now. :-
What about One Buc Palace?

da49erfan

Starter

#32 : March 13, 2008, 03:16:14 PM

you guys definitely got a good player w/ douglas. though we have justin smith now, am pretty upset that the 9ers didnt bring him back. he always seemed to end up in the back field on every play. this was a great sign for you guys IMO.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 13, 2008, 03:23:32 PM

Thx can you relay this over to the Bucs .com board.. Moron city over there..  They have no clue who this guy is, yet it is a bad over the hill signing..

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 13, 2008, 03:24:01 PM

This guy is a huge pickup.. Giants showed us to rotate with many Dlinemen and you can win another title...
It's not just that easy. The Giants have two pro bowlers on their line, one of them being a hall of famer.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#35 : March 13, 2008, 03:28:37 PM

I love the move, and after reading that niner of the week article I was VERY impressed. Not because of his stats, but because of his mental toughness and attitude about the game. You can tell he will fit right in with the long standing vets, the Brooks and Barbers of the team, because he possesses the will to be great too. With a REAL supporting cast around him he might be better than advertised. I feel like this is a good move for the franchise and hopefully they have reasonable salaries in this deal and he lives up to his words.

This is sweet though, we have signed a lot of role players and high potential FA's this offseason.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#36 : March 13, 2008, 03:30:32 PM

It's not just that easy. The Giants have two pro bowlers on their line, one of them being a hall of famer.

In saying that though, we have steadily increased the talent on our line which is what I think Toddy was getting at. Greg White, Gaines Adams, Jovan Haye, and now Douglas are all new here from last offseason. You can see that the focus has shifted and we have added quality players and depth to our team on the defensive front.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#37 : March 13, 2008, 03:33:12 PM

Yes what he said...  Thx..

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 13, 2008, 03:35:33 PM

you guys definitely got a good player w/ douglas. though we have justin smith now, am pretty upset that the 9ers didnt bring him back. he always seemed to end up in the back field on every play. this was a great sign for you guys IMO.

I like the move, as I had mentioned previously I'd like to add him to the roster. But remember: all of the Bucs moves are lousy ones, so there's no way this can be a "great sign" as you say. Never mind that you've watched the guy play for years out there, your opinion doesn't matter. All that matters is that the Bucs FO has no clue whatsoever and Marques Douglas is a waste of roster space who won't make it past training camp.

Buc31

Starter

#39 : March 13, 2008, 03:36:16 PM

I've never heard of this guy. He'll start over Greg White though, eh? I suppose he's a run stopper.

He led all DE's in NFL in tackles for a loss.

With that being said.....Welcome aboard!

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#40 : March 13, 2008, 03:40:45 PM

In saying that though, we have steadily increased the talent on our line which is what I think Toddy was getting at. Greg White, Gaines Adams, Jovan Haye, and now Douglas are all new here from last offseason. You can see that the focus has shifted and we have added quality players and depth to our team on the defensive front.
Yes, the amount of quality depth is increasing, but to borrow a phrase from a former poster on here, the Bucs have a whole bunch of Robins but we don't know if they have any Batmans. The Giants have two Batmans.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#41 : March 13, 2008, 04:14:07 PM

And he wants to play for  a winner.

He came to the right place!

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#42 : March 13, 2008, 04:17:14 PM

Everything is falling into place, despite what a lot of people were saying about FA.  Sign Wilson and, dare I say it, we can draft BPA in EVERY round!!!  Yeah, our F.O. sucks!!!

You have to admit that it was slow in the beginning, but I admit that the Bucs have picked it up.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#43 : March 13, 2008, 04:44:28 PM

Great signing.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#44 : March 13, 2008, 04:47:27 PM

Nice.  Amazing how these things work out considering there was clearly never a plan and the FO just wings this stuff.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs sign DL Marques Douglas « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools