Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs sign DL Marques Douglas « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
« #75 : March 14, 2008, 11:27:23 PM »

ADW, I couldn't disagree with you more!!  I believe this team has made MAJOR strides in FA filling their holes.  It appears to me they are filling them in such a way that in the draft, they will be able to go BPA instead of being required to draft for need every round.

And anyone who compares Douglas, who led the entire NFL d-linemen in TFL with Spires, who didn't even play most of the season leaves me scratching my head!!

.....just my opinion

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

« #76 : March 14, 2008, 11:29:04 PM »

Zell you have one of the gayest looking sigs on this whole site and have the nerve to call anyone whiney or anything feminine sounding.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #77 : March 14, 2008, 11:29:11 PM »

Douglas was playing a TON of defense last year, given the Niners anemic offense.  Tends to provide one for more opportunities to succeed.

But I do like the signing, for sure.  It kicks the Wilkerson signing in the nuts.  Wilkerson sucks.

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
« #78 : March 15, 2008, 12:10:01 AM »

He may have been playing a lot, but he appears to be effective when he does play.  He certainly won't get that many opportunities in our defense because he will be in a rotation.

.....just my opinion

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

« #79 : March 15, 2008, 01:03:12 AM »

I like the fact that he was playing a lot. It would have been different if he'd had that much clock time and DIDN'T have those TFL's. I can't compare him to Wilkerson. I think he gives Coyer another piece for his puzzle...

If Coleman decides he can't run the price higher than the offer he's got with the Bucs I would say ADW is wrong on depth ONLY being at WR.

I think it's been some really astute signings. They will help us win.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
« #80 : March 15, 2008, 01:26:02 AM »

I agree buckeye.  I think we have made some very good signings.  The competition at TC should be outstanding this year!

.....just my opinion

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

« #81 : March 15, 2008, 01:41:47 AM »

BAM!!

The South will be another intersting place!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #82 : March 15, 2008, 09:26:02 AM »

I don't know about the rest of the South - but the buccs are shaping up very damn nicely.

Looking for the following additions:
UT - FA or Draft
WR - FA or second day draft pick
RB - 1st day draft pick
DE - 1st day draft pick
CB - Draft pick

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

« #83 : March 15, 2008, 12:52:10 PM »

dbuc - I'm right there with you! most concerns addressed nicely through FA so far.

UT is still pretty HIGH on the needs list (highest?) - history seems to indicate that going with the BPA philosophy may yield us a CB at 20th overall.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #84 : August 27, 2008, 01:15:18 PM »

bradentonian owned this thread.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
  Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs sign DL Marques Douglas « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools