Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Assistant Coaching Changes « previous next »
Page: 1 2

alldaway

Hall of Famer

: December 05, 2006, 11:53:49 AM

Before we go firing assistants, who is out there to take their places? And, what I mean by that is this, we need championship caliber coaches.  That should be the template against which these men are guaged.  Right now, I don't think we have championship coaches outside of Gruden and Kiffen.  Proof is in the pudding, the OL is awful, the DLine is awful, the linebackers are db's are not doing well at all, what shall we say about the special teams??  A total makeover is needed IMHO.

I would gladly settle for average coaches at this point. 

richbucsfan

Starter

#1 : December 05, 2006, 08:31:06 AM

Before we go firing assistants, who is out there to take their places? And, what I mean by that is this, we need championship caliber coaches.  That should be the template against which these men are guaged.  Right now, I don't think we have championship coaches outside of Gruden and Kiffen.  Proof is in the pudding, the OL is awful, the DLine is awful, the linebackers are db's are not doing well at all, what shall we say about the special teams??  A total makeover is needed IMHO.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#2 : December 04, 2006, 09:51:36 PM

Dal, I agree but this thread was started with the thread starter specifically stating 'assuming Gruden stays...'

With that said, this is what I suggest. I blame Gruden for keeping Muir and Bisaccia and not having an OC. The others aren't so blatant. If he gets another year though, he is going to have to make these changes.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 04, 2006, 07:59:46 PM

I am guessing that this is what will happen:

Gruden will be forced into doing these things in order to keep his job here.

1. Fire Muir, replace him with Kromer, whoever. He needs to be fired.

2. Fire Bissacia.

3. Fire Mann.

4. Re-evaluate Franklin and Burns. Possibly get rid of one or both.

5. Hire an offensive coordinator.

Yeah but isn't the problem if 1-5 are mistakes that you have to question the overall judgement of your coach? I mean he's hired/retained all these guys. If he's botched his staff up this badly, why do you now trust him to get it right? I mean Dungy had to let Skippy go and then got Clyde (Steckel wasn't his idea IMHO and he ran him off) so basically he swapped bad for bad.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

gone

Hall of Famer
#4 : December 04, 2006, 07:56:43 PM

To be totally honest I'm not sure whether I want Gruden at the helm next year or not. If it was so easy for the Saints to get rid of Haslett and bring in an OC as the HC who has totally turned that franchise around, why cant we do that here? Or did they just strike lucky?
They got lucky.  And landed a nice QB. 
It helps that they had the cap room too.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 04, 2006, 06:54:19 PM

To be totally honest I'm not sure whether I want Gruden at the helm next year or not. If it was so easy for the Saints to get rid of Haslett and bring in an OC as the HC who has totally turned that franchise around, why cant we do that here? Or did they just strike lucky?

I like Sean Payton, he's a great young talent, but the biggest changes that turned that team around are Drew Brees and Marques Colston.

bucDsystem

Starter

#6 : December 04, 2006, 06:22:55 PM

although i am displeased with the current state of the team
i've learned one thing in life every team needs a closer...
and JohnGruden is a closer.. maybe not the best but unless better{shanahan} becomes available we can't throw away the only closer we've known

ps the saints got lucky with a young coach and a talented QB

to win...you must envision victory -devise a plan -and then have the guts to destroy anything that stands in your way

bucDsystem

Starter

#7 : December 04, 2006, 06:15:20 PM

Fire Shula too. Oops, sorry. Been there, done that!
LOL

to win...you must envision victory -devise a plan -and then have the guts to destroy anything that stands in your way

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#8 : December 04, 2006, 06:17:00 PM

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 03, 2006, 10:20:48 PM

If Gruden stays, and I see no reason (contract) to think otherwise at this point, I
hope some changes are made on the assistant coaching front. We need some
help there.

Will we ever have a decent return game? At times, Pittman has looked good at
kickoff returns. But today? We're awful. We never even come close to breaking
off a long run let alone a TD. Time to get a top quality return guy. Been a long
time coming. Is it a coaching problem? Considering that we've never run one
back, it has to be more about talent or lack of it.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 03, 2006, 10:31:08 PM

Positional coaching problems are evident all over the field.  STs, OL, WR, DL, DB.  These guys are not playing with solid fundamentals, and aren't playing to the whistle.  We are playing nowhere near our talent level, and that falls on coaching.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 03, 2006, 10:42:35 PM

That maybe the deal the Glazers make with Gruden. He and Monte can stay, but some of the assistant may be told to get packing. We know Barry is as good as gone probably to go to Detroit, so there may be a few vacancies. Players and owners may insist on it. Dungy was loyal to a fault and it cost him his job in Tampa.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#12 : December 03, 2006, 10:43:14 PM

Muir and Mann will  be sacrificial lambs for Gruden to keep his job. Valero is probably safe.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 03, 2006, 10:45:56 PM

Don't spare the defense, either. If it ain't working, fix it.

BucsAddict

Starter

#14 : December 03, 2006, 10:58:14 PM

Were Lovie, marinelli, herm all Dungy hand picked ? The last two coaches seem to be substandard. And that falls on Kiffin's shoulders.

==================================================
Gruden: Simms is gonna be a helluva quaterback- unless I screw it up.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Assistant Coaching Changes « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools