Boards > The Red Board

Assistant Coaching Changes

(1/6) > >>

alldaway:

--- Quote from: richbucsfan on December 05, 2006, 08:31:06 AM ---Before we go firing assistants, who is out there to take their places? And, what I mean by that is this, we need championship caliber coaches.  That should be the template against which these men are guaged.  Right now, I don't think we have championship coaches outside of Gruden and Kiffen.  Proof is in the pudding, the OL is awful, the DLine is awful, the linebackers are db's are not doing well at all, what shall we say about the special teams??  A total makeover is needed IMHO.

--- End quote ---

I would gladly settle for average coaches at this point. 

richbucsfan:
Before we go firing assistants, who is out there to take their places? And, what I mean by that is this, we need championship caliber coaches.  That should be the template against which these men are guaged.  Right now, I don't think we have championship coaches outside of Gruden and Kiffen.  Proof is in the pudding, the OL is awful, the DLine is awful, the linebackers are db's are not doing well at all, what shall we say about the special teams??  A total makeover is needed IMHO.

OpTiOnMaStA:
Dal, I agree but this thread was started with the thread starter specifically stating 'assuming Gruden stays...'

With that said, this is what I suggest. I blame Gruden for keeping Muir and Bisaccia and not having an OC. The others aren't so blatant. If he gets another year though, he is going to have to make these changes.

dalbuc:

--- Quote from: OpTiOnMaStA on December 03, 2006, 11:48:59 PM ---I am guessing that this is what will happen:

Gruden will be forced into doing these things in order to keep his job here.

1. Fire Muir, replace him with Kromer, whoever. He needs to be fired.

2. Fire Bissacia.

3. Fire Mann.

4. Re-evaluate Franklin and Burns. Possibly get rid of one or both.

5. Hire an offensive coordinator.

--- End quote ---

Yeah but isn't the problem if 1-5 are mistakes that you have to question the overall judgement of your coach? I mean he's hired/retained all these guys. If he's botched his staff up this badly, why do you now trust him to get it right? I mean Dungy had to let Skippy go and then got Clyde (Steckel wasn't his idea IMHO and he ran him off) so basically he swapped bad for bad.

gone:

--- Quote from: Patrik Leskinen on December 04, 2006, 06:17:00 PM ---To be totally honest I'm not sure whether I want Gruden at the helm next year or not. If it was so easy for the Saints to get rid of Haslett and bring in an OC as the HC who has totally turned that franchise around, why cant we do that here? Or did they just strike lucky?

--- End quote ---
They got lucky.  And landed a nice QB. 
It helps that they had the cap room too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version