Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WR poor value in 1st round « previous next »
Page: 1

smma

Second String

: March 13, 2008, 05:39:50 PM

I've seen some mocks with the Bucs taking Sweed or Jackson in the first round.
This doesn't seem to make any sense. We've got big physical recievers in Clayton and Stovall so Sweed doens't fit. Jackson has the speed but his stock seems to be failing and is being compared to Ginn. I've read where Mayock is saying there are no #1 receivers in this draft. Do you waste a first round pick on a #2?
If we are looking for speed and someone to eventually replace Galloway, there are some later round guys that would be good value. We could probably get Donnie Avery in the 2nd or Harry Douglas in the 3rd and maybe even Dexter Jackson in the 4th. All of these giys have that sub 4.4 speed.
At #20 it looks like the value will be at OT (Chris Williams or Ryan Clady) or CB (Leodis McKelvin or Aqib Talib).

MBF

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 13, 2008, 05:42:17 PM

Clayton and Stovall haven't proved a thing, and Sweed would be a good WR in this type of offense.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#2 : March 13, 2008, 05:48:12 PM

I dont think WR in the 1st is a smart Idea, I see WR as a deep position but not strong at the front. I don't see the drop off as being much at all between the "1st rounders" and the "3rd Rounders", so basically pass on that and take another position and you will still wind up with a great WR in a later round.

Pewter Spot

Pro Bowler

#3 : March 13, 2008, 05:50:22 PM

Personally, I thought DeSean Jackson was the best playmaker in the NCAA over the last two seasons but his size (5'10'' 165lbs) has crushed my desire to draft him in the 1st round.

Although I think he'll be a great playmaker in this league, I highly doubt it will be as a #1 or #2 wideout and if we drafted him the expectations would be for him to become some dominate #1 WR which isn't gonna happen with him being just 165lbs unless the Bucs get a legit #1 WR to compliment his speed.

Btw, I wouldn't be upset if the Bucs did grab DJ at #20 because like I said above, I do think the kid will be a playmaker and we desperately need someone to be just that.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 13, 2008, 06:15:26 PM

We need to go end with campbell, or DT, but there isn't good value at 20 for DT, i know.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WR poor value in 1st round « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools