Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Just spoke to a Dr. this AM about Gruden.... « previous next »
Page: 1

richbucsfan

Starter

: December 04, 2006, 02:54:55 PM

One thing for sure, JG is exceptionally stubborn... Not entertaining the idea of using the shotgun when everyone else is shows incredible stubbornness.  If his system was working, then fine.  But, right now, it's a popgun offense or perhaps a Pop Warner offense... basic, simple, easily defeated, totally unproductive.  The offense needs something new.  The shotgun might help... surely couldn't hurt.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 04, 2006, 05:00:09 PM

Nearly every coach in the league has the potential for burn-out. Each coach tries to outwork the others, and 20 hour days aren't that uncommon anymore. It's part of the game; unfortunately. I can easily see Gruden pulling a **CENSORED** Vermeil, but I can also see him keeling over at the office one day too.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 04, 2006, 04:55:23 PM

One thing for sure, JG is exceptionally stubborn... Not entertaining the idea of using the shotgun when everyone else is shows incredible stubbornness. If his system was working, then fine. But, right now, it's a popgun offense or perhaps a Pop Warner offense... basic, simple, easily defeated, totally unproductive. The offense needs something new. The shotgun might help... surely couldn't hurt.
ROTFLMAO!

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 04, 2006, 04:45:34 PM

Richbuc:  I agree.  Especially after watching some college teams with play calls that work better than ours right now.  I think the hurry up offense that Gruden has used in the past works well to.  I think they should start the game with the first 10 plays scripted for hurry up.  Just executing those plays begins some semblance of rhythmn and momentum.

I know Grads is a project but those fumbles and dropped passes are making me crazy.  I shouted so loud for the two that Clayton dropped my neighbor knocked ono my door to see if anything was wrong.  I said yes, the *&^%### Bucs play at the goal line!!!!!

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 04, 2006, 04:42:30 PM

One thing for sure, JG is exceptionally stubborn... Not entertaining the idea of using the shotgun when everyone else is shows incredible stubbornness. If his system was working, then fine. But, right now, it's a popgun offense or perhaps a Pop Warner offense... basic, simple, easily defeated, totally unproductive. The offense needs something new. The shotgun might help... surely couldn't hurt.

Two more seconds before Bruce is sacked? I like it!

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 04, 2006, 12:27:11 PM

I thought this was an interesting concept to pass on to the crew...

My Dr. and I spent a 1/2 of HIS valuable time talking about the Bucs.
He said that Gruden is a candidate for burn out because he is so
one dimensional.  He thought he was compulsive obsessive re football.
Here's what I thought the interesting part was...if someone has such
an unbalanced life with no real time for family, hobbies, R & R etc.  that
person is limiting their ability to problem solving because they are not
recharging their right brain....there's nothing new, different, dynamic
coming in except recycled football data.

His point was that new ideas don't usually come from the obvious.  sometimes
a breakthrough idea comes when you mind is off the problem, is relaxed, having fun
and therefore OPEN (pleasure opens the mind, decreases stress etc.)

That goes for Monte too.  I prescribe Hawaii, beach, family and lots of luau for one straight month for both of
these guys.

Should the Glazers force Gruden to take a vacation?  You know, relaxation training????

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#6 : December 04, 2006, 12:28:15 PM

a  few extra hrs of sleep might help as well

#7 : December 04, 2006, 12:31:58 PM

one dimensional. He thought he was compulsive obsessive re football.
an unbalanced life with no real time for family, hobbies, R & R etc. that

His point was that new ideas don't usually come from the obvious. sometimes
a breakthrough idea comes when you mind is off the problem, is relaxed, having fun

That goes for Monte too. I prescribe Hawaii, beach, family and lots of luau for one straight month for both of
these guys.

Should the Glazers force Gruden to take a vacation? You know, relaxation training????

Maybe Gruden should sleep in a Holiday Inn Express. ;)

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#8 : December 04, 2006, 12:33:06 PM

Did you read last months PR? I talked about the month long vacation that Gruden and family took RVing last off season.

#9 : December 04, 2006, 01:21:55 PM

one dimensional.  He thought he was compulsive obsessive re football.
an unbalanced life with no real time for family, hobbies, R & R etc.  that

His point was that new ideas don't usually come from the obvious.  sometimes

That goes for Monte too.  I prescribe Hawaii, beach, family and lots of luau for one straight month for both of
these guys.

Should the Glazers force Gruden to take a vacation?  You know, relaxation training????

Maybe, but what of the above qualities is not shared by Belichick? None, and he seems to do ok.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Just spoke to a Dr. this AM about Gruden.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools