Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Sometimes you have to take a step back to take a step forward". « previous next »
Page: 1

karen anderson

Practice Squad

: December 04, 2006, 11:03:37 PM

This year is way more than 1 step back--it's several miles!!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 04, 2006, 10:51:39 PM

Great article on the front page. Love what Grads had to say too.

And nice to see that I'm not alone by recognizing the notable game from Clayton yesterday.

From the article, paraphrasing Gru...

He pointed out that Clayton had some really nice catches and effort plays prior to and after his dropped touchdown pass.

The ones who have their minds set on Clayton have failed to see this.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 04, 2006, 06:52:47 PM

We aren't taking a step; it's stepS.

#3 : December 04, 2006, 05:45:46 PM

I think he might be gaining heat from that comment because if you take one step back, then take one step forward; you're in the same place you started. ;)

Haha.  Nice.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 04, 2006, 05:24:49 PM

People will find any reason to kill the guy right now. It wasn't a big deal. Zen is correct on how it was said.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 04, 2006, 05:21:07 PM

"And, by God, if we have to take a step back this year, so what? We’re going to come back strong and we’re going to get some of these young players to become great players."

I like his resolve.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 04, 2006, 05:19:38 PM

Zen, I think he did say something about taking a step back to move forward. I would have to watch the conference again, but I believe he said that.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#7 : December 04, 2006, 05:14:21 PM

Unless there was another quote I missed, his exact quote was:

"And, by God, if we have to take a step back this year, so what? We’re going to come back strong and we’re going to get some of these young players to become great players."

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 04, 2006, 05:01:52 PM

I think he might be gaining heat from that comment because if you take one step back, then take one step forward; you're in the same place you started. ;)

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#9 : December 04, 2006, 04:54:14 PM

Gruden is taking some heat for this comment, but is it really any different from the way many of are thinking. The NFL gives bad teams more oppurtunity to turn their fortunes around than any other sport in the world, you have an earlier draft pick, more cap room, and an easier schedule. Gruden believes that he has a championship formula, and he is going to stick with it even if it doesn't always look pretty along the way. Hopefully he gets more time to see if that formula works, because I don't think we can judge just based off this year. That said I think Gruden either needs to show some serious offensive improvement or win at least one more game this year to make into next year.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Sometimes you have to take a step back to take a step forward". « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools