Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 5th Round Speed Rusher found the perfect prospect « previous next »
Page: 1

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: March 15, 2008, 03:35:32 PM

DE / OLB Eric Bakhtiari - 6'4 260 pounds 10 yard dash 1.60 which is on par with that of Vernon Gholston and Chris Long. as a pass rusher the 40 yard dash is not that important but he did manage a 4.79.  34 career sacks in 54 career games. tackles for loss 65, Int's 1, passes defensed 6, forced fumbles 5, blocked kicks 2, qb hurries 7. He had an amazing 20 yard short shuttle of 4.48 so he can move sideline to sideline.

Quick first step, uses hands well to disengage would be blockers, has a nose for the football and seems to always make a splash play when needed. If the Bucs are looking for a speed rusher to come in and apply heat on third down this is the quick twitch player they have been longing for.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

chcwarriorpoet

Second String

#1 : March 15, 2008, 04:25:23 PM

I got another to consider.

Rudolph Hardie, Howard, (6-3, 270) Good size and a natural pass rusher. Quick off the snap. Closes fast. High character guy. Last season 60 tackles, 12 sacks, 25.5 tackles for a loss. As a junior 50 tackles, 9 sacks, 20 tackles for a loss. Only negative is level of competition.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#2 : March 15, 2008, 04:28:25 PM

Well for pass rushers it is about speed and technique, so I would not be surprised to see the Bucs another player for the defensive line that no one has heard about before, but has the natural ability to develop into a pass rushing demon

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

noopy2237

Starter
#3 : March 15, 2008, 05:46:24 PM

Hey Yuc, what do you think of Brian Johnston?  I think that is his name, he's a DE and I don't remember from what school.  Sorry, not much info here.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#4 : March 15, 2008, 05:51:52 PM

Are you sure that is his name?

Oliver Goldsmith

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 15, 2008, 05:57:08 PM

Hey Yuc, what do you think of Brian Johnston? I think that is his name, he's a DE and I don't remember from what school. Sorry, not much info here.

Brian Johnston - DE - Gardner Webb

Height: 6'-5"
Weight: 274lbs
40 yard: 4.66
10 yard: 1.51
Vertical leap: 35"
20 yard shuttle: 4.18

noopy2237

Starter
#6 : March 15, 2008, 05:58:56 PM

Thanks bradentonian, thats the guy.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#7 : March 15, 2008, 06:09:27 PM

Johnston - uses his hands well when rushing the passer, Has good closing speed, doesnt get engulfed by larger blockers, tends to overrun plays, needs to do a better job of redirecting plays. Plays stout at the point of attack. Has good quickness, but doesnt explode off the edge. Tends to run into the blocker rather then slip and avoid them.

Oliver Goldsmith
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 5th Round Speed Rusher found the perfect prospect « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools