Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Offical-Unofficial resign Chris Simms thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

HereComesDaBoom

Practice Squad
#30 : December 04, 2006, 09:37:58 AM

I thought the game really slowed down for Simms in the Carolina game. Hopefully, if he does stay with the team it will slow down for him tn Training camp and not 4 games into the season. Although mobile in the pocket, Grads needs some more time with the offense. There were open looks he just doesn't look for since he has no confidence in the line.

bOOm

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#31 : December 04, 2006, 09:43:56 AM

And we've seen how Chris will run this offense. Screw Simms

You saw what he did in 2004. A lot better than what we saw this year from Bruce Almighty..... :D :D :D :D

Fact of the matter is if Chris wouldnt have left his spleen on the field during the Carolina game I believe he would have turned it around.....it looked like it was coming around when he left.

Screw Simms....lets see what you say next year if he is resigned and starting next year and showing what we have been missing this year.

Is Simms the best QB in the NFL? No. But is Simms the best QB available next year? Yes, He also shows he is the best we got.

Id rather have 15 batted balls 2 touchdowns and 2 picks then 20-34 3 picks and ZERO td's

I would hope a 3 year player in the same system would perform better than a rookie. Sorry, that doesn't fly. What looked like he was coming around? Anything positive would've looked like he was improving.

You're right, we're missing batted balls and game-changing int's.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#32 : December 04, 2006, 02:22:30 PM

Grads is a backup at this point.  Simms has proven that even with 4 years experience he managed to look like a rookie the first 2 1/2 games.

We need a QB who can both run the short to intermediate passing game with efficiency AND have the ability to stretch the defense vertically.   It ain't that hard.

#33 : December 04, 2006, 10:17:11 AM

You saw what he did in 2004.
He did okay in that N.O. game but wasn't very good in the Arizona game.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#34 : December 04, 2006, 02:20:50 PM

Its not rocket science guys....we need someone a defense can respect at QB....Gradkowski scares NOBODY

Did you not see how teams game planned for Simms this year?  They didn't respect him and he was a 4th year pro.  Grads might not be the answer, but Simms is definitely not the answer.

#35 : December 04, 2006, 02:19:39 PM

Why is this thread a sticky ???

I could understand it if it was the OFFICIAL resign Simms thread, but this is the UN-official version. :P

Maybe some people are starting to hear the messae and in agreement.......read the other sticky and you will get your answer.

WE ARE TIRED OF BRUCE GRADKOWSKI

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#36 : December 04, 2006, 02:11:13 PM

Why is this thread a sticky  ???

I could understand it if it was the OFFICIAL resign Simms thread, but this is the UN-official version.   :P

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#37 : December 04, 2006, 02:20:46 PM

....Gradkowski scares NOBODY

Not true.

He scares me whenever he throws a pass longer than 20 yards..  :D

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#38 : December 04, 2006, 11:19:32 AM

I don't think Simms will sign an inferior deal to compete with Gradkowski for the starting job.  I do think he'll sign a better deal with a team like Detroit where he is obviously better than Kitna and fits Martz's downfield passing game well.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#39 : December 04, 2006, 11:25:30 AM

You saw what he did in 2004. A lot better than what we saw this year from Bruce Almighty..... :D :D :D :D

Fact of the matter is if Chris wouldnt have left his spleen on the field during the Carolina game I believe he would have turned it around.....it looked like it was coming around when he left.

Screw Simms....lets see what you say next year if he is resigned and starting next year and showing what we have been missing this year.

Is Simms the best QB in the NFL? No. But is Simms the best QB available next year? Yes, He also shows he is the best we got.

Id rather have 15 batted balls 2 touchdowns and 2 picks then 20-34 3 picks and ZERO td's

I would hope a 3 year player in the same system would perform better than a rookie. Sorry, that doesn't fly. What looked like he was coming around? Anything positive would've looked like he was improving.

You're right, we're missing batted balls and game-changing int's.

I would hope a QB that plays 3/4 of the season rookie or not would be improving. Grads is regressing.....he is nothing better than a 2nd string QB.

What looked like he was coming around? The fact that he took the team on his back and put us in the position to win the game. Gradkowski isnt that type of QB....Gradkowski is week by week making Simms look like the heart and soul of that offense

He's seeing defensive looks for ths first time, I would expect him to struggle. The int's yesterday were awful but damn most of you on here are expecting him to progress to Peyton Manning after this first 8 games. It's not realistic, your expectations are too high. That's why everyone's shatting themself right now.

Step back and ask yourself honestly, what do I expect from Grads going into this game. Clayton's drop was deflating to this team yesterday but it was the right read and a perfect throw.

I'm just not going to rip a rookie QB for making bonehead decisions, it's par for the course.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#40 : December 04, 2006, 11:27:19 AM

I don't think Simms will sign an inferior deal to compete with Gradkowski for the starting job.  I do think he'll sign a better deal with a team like Detroit where he is obviously better than Kitna and fits Martz's downfield passing game well.

Detroit signed Josh McCown to a long term deal and they like Orvlosky.  Simms' best shot is Oakland.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#41 : December 04, 2006, 11:56:17 AM

I don't think Simms will sign an inferior deal to compete with Gradkowski for the starting job. I do think he'll sign a better deal with a team like Detroit where he is obviously better than Kitna and fits Martz's downfield passing game well.

Detroit signed Josh McCown to a long term deal and they like Orvlosky. Simms' best shot is Oakland.

Josh McCown has been playing snaps at WR    :o

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#42 : December 04, 2006, 11:58:28 AM

I don't think Simms will sign an inferior deal to compete with Gradkowski for the starting job. I do think he'll sign a better deal with a team like Detroit where he is obviously better than Kitna and fits Martz's downfield passing game well.

Detroit signed Josh McCown to a long term deal and they like Orvlosky. Simms' best shot is Oakland.

Josh McCown has been playing snaps at WR    :o

I told people the WR situation up in Detroit is pretty bad. Martz is definately digging the bottom of the barrel to make his offense work.  :o

DBuc

Second String

#43 : December 04, 2006, 12:01:38 PM

Under the pressure  the Steelers were bringing, Simms would have been a mess...Remember, many of you want us to design a system in which Simms only has to throw intermediate to deep routes...He would have been killed yesterday.  Let the rookie learn and bring in a vet next year...unless Simms learns how to make all of his throws...

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#44 : December 04, 2006, 02:15:11 PM

I could understand it if it was the OFFICIAL resign Simms thread, but this is the UN-official version. :P

Well, it is the "official" unofficial thread....  ...officionally..  ..I think..

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Offical-Unofficial resign Chris Simms thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools