Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Offical-Unofficial resign Chris Simms thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

alstott40

Pro Bowler

« #45 : December 04, 2006, 01:30:54 PM »

we should try for Mcnabb

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #46 : December 04, 2006, 02:23:19 PM »

Why is this thread a sticky ???

I could understand it if it was the OFFICIAL resign Simms thread, but this is the UN-official version. :P

Maybe some people are starting to hear the messae and in agreement.......read the other sticky and you will get your answer.

WE ARE TIRED OF BRUCE GRADKOWSKI

the sticky has been removed guess you are wrong   ;)

« #47 : December 05, 2006, 01:14:33 PM »

We have seen this year how Bruce Gradkowski will run this offense.

No we haven't.........we have seen how Bruce performs under a coach that refusses to simplify the rediculous playbook, or even so much as design some plays and formations around Gradkowski. Gruden is no offensive guru folks............he is a destroyer. Grads has the ability to be something special.......in time...and with the right coach.

Gradkowski=perfect Gruden QB
Simms=not a Gruden QB but played well under Gruden

In the words to Dan Sileo "after this season we will never hear the name Bruce Gradkowski and starting QB again"

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #48 : December 05, 2006, 01:17:27 PM »

In the words to Dan Sileo "after this season we will never hear the name Bruce Gradkowski and starting QB again"

Maybe, maybe not.  We will probably never see Simms starting either, so writting Grads off makes you feel good, why ?

So we go into next season with McCown and who plus ????? 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #49 : December 05, 2006, 01:51:41 PM »

I would hope the Bucs nab someone...but you never know.

Right now, it is looking like Simms is going to want some cheddar, and he will get it...

I just can't see Gruden rolling with Grads, McCown, and Rattay.  Sorry, not going to happen.  Ever.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #50 : December 05, 2006, 01:55:47 PM »

Right now, it is looking like Simms is going to want some cheddar, and he will get it...

I just can't see Gruden rolling with Grads, McCown, and Rattay.Ā  Sorry, not going to happen.Ā  Ever.

Rattay is dust for sure, but there is a good chance Grads and McCown will both be on the roster next season.  Both are cheap and will have a good understanding of the playbook, plus a little field time if McCown sees action this year.

I doubt Simms will be here, if they were serious about him being a starter the deal would have been done by now.  So the only other options are signing a FA and going with the two above OR signing a FA and drafting a QB on day one.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #51 : December 05, 2006, 02:00:34 PM »

I just can't see Gruden rolling with Grads, McCown, and Rattay.  Sorry, not going to happen.  Ever.

Rattay is dust for sure, but there is a good chance Grads and McCown will both be on the roster next season. Both are cheap and will have a good understanding of the playbook, plus a little field time if McCown sees action this year.

I doubt Simms will be here, if they were serious about him being a starter the deal would have been done by now. So the only other options are signing a FA and going with the two above OR signing a FA and drafting a QB on day one.

Problem is, Garcia is going to want some jack if he continues his course, which I doubt he will.  And should the Bucs go back into the same old trap that has haunted Gruden before?  Which is to sign an old, bordering on retiring type like Garcia?  I mean, 38 is old man...

And drafting a QB on day one almost sounds like if he did that, he would be offered an extension to coach a few more years.  Gruden will not roll with another rookie next year, unless he faces the same set of circumstances he did this year:  No other choice.

These signing take time, why rush into it?  But I think Simms will be back, espescially if they let loose Rattay, and Simeon is gone.  That is a lot of jack to be working with, and Simms would be able to make a decent chunk, while not really hurting other needs on the team...

TheChronic

Rookie

« #52 : December 05, 2006, 02:02:25 PM »

Simms will be a in camp next season as a giant.......and fight for back-up.

YOU HEARD IT HERE, FIRST.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #53 : December 05, 2006, 02:14:04 PM »

Simms will be a in camp next season as a giant.......and fight for back-up.

YOU HEARD IT HERE, FIRST.

Wow.  Another outlandish prediction.

Billick is going to be a Buc, and Simms a Giant.  Did Phil tell you this firsthand, or did you just dream this one up while you were smoking that pipe?

You have to come stronger than that...how in the hell would you know, if the media doesn't know.  You could be the greatest media guy ever...maybe ESPN should offer you some serious change because of all your inside sources!

Please.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
« #54 : December 05, 2006, 02:31:51 PM »

I wouldn't be shocked if the Bucs use the franchise tag on Chris. At the very least that opens the possibilty of working out a trade with another team. We've got the cap room...now that we finally have the tag back we should think about using it.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #55 : December 06, 2006, 01:01:52 AM »

OK, Boid, I know you got that sig from TBBBB.
I know.

I asked KC fan if I could jack it.  He said sure enough!

I think it is a riot!

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #56 : December 06, 2006, 12:51:22 AM »

OK, Boid, I know you got that sig from TBBBB.

defntlydiffrnt

Starter

« #57 : December 06, 2006, 03:13:40 PM »

I'm all for resigning him.  I don't want to re-sign him.  I'm not one of the ones that have forgotten the many batted passes in the playoffs last year.  I haven't forgotten the 7 batted passes, 7 interceptions, and 1 TD pass he had to lead this team to 0-3 either. 

Either Gruden needs to go and he stays or Gruden stays and he goes.  I don't see the 2 co-existing anymore.  And that's a good thing IMO.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
« #58 : December 06, 2006, 03:17:18 PM »

Second (the most controversial move) I would stick the franchise tag on Chris Simms....ok before you jump on my back let me explain...if teams are willing to go in the hole for Matt Schaub there is a good chance Simms get takers...which would add 1 or maybe 2 additional draft picks to our pool. Worst case senerio we have to pay Chris Simms top pay for a year or two which we have enough money to do it anyway and we will have a QB that knows the system
Ā I tend to agree with you. In my mind, slapping him with the tag is the most logical move. We can afford to pay him, and I'm willing to bet someone would be willing to make a trade for him. Not two first rounders...but maybe a 2nd or 3rd. At the very least it keeps him here one more year.

Third I would package Michael Clayton and Pittman in a deal for 1 or two draft picksĀ  and build our defense with our selections we have and additonal selections in the trade and what we already have my rationale for this is that Ernest Graham is quickly moving up the depth chart and Pittman has been delegated to special teams only basically which is a misuse of his skills...Clayton in a new system may find his confidenceĀ  and get back to that form we saw...just dont see it here.
Ā I don't see why anyone would want to get rid of Pittman at this point. He's been the ultimate team guy here and is still very valuable for his contributions on ST as well as pass blocking and receiving.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #59 : December 06, 2006, 04:25:56 PM »

The best sig I have seen here yet this season...and the most accurate one.
Funny that you should say it is an "accurate" one...LMAO!

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Offical-Unofficial resign Chris Simms thread « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools