Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Offical-Unofficial resign Chris Simms thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

BuccoJD

Starter

« : December 06, 2006, 12:18:11 AM »

I wouldn't be shocked if the Bucs use the franchise tag on Chris. At the very least that opens the possibilty of working out a trade with another team. We've got the cap room...now that we finally have the tag back we should think about using it.

He'll test the free agent waters...there will be no takers. He will sign with us.

Its pretty simple.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #1 : December 06, 2006, 12:24:17 AM »

I could see a team like the Lions or Raiders welcoming him with open arms (and Wallet).

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #2 : December 06, 2006, 12:15:18 AM »

I would be outraged if the Bucs franchised Simms...that is a bit much.

Do you know how much QBs make?

But I do want him to resign with Tampa, that is for sure.

« #3 : December 06, 2006, 09:04:12 AM »

Ok If I were to make the decisions next year (granted some of you would think I am a horrible GM but beside the point)

First I would give Jon Gruden one more year to turn this around and show "promise"

Second (the most controversial move) I would stick the franchise tag on Chris Simms....ok before you jump on my back let me explain...if teams are willing to go in the hole for Matt Schaub there is a good chance Simms get takers...which would add 1 or maybe 2 additional draft picks to our pool. Worst case senerio we have to pay Chris Simms top pay for a year or two which we have enough money to do it anyway and we will have a QB that knows the system

Third I would package Michael Clayton and Pittman in a deal for 1 or two draft picksĀ  and build our defense with our selections we have and additonal selections in the trade and what we already have my rationale for this is that Ernest Graham is quickly moving up the depth chart and Pittman has been delegated to special teams only basically which is a misuse of his skills...Clayton in a new system may find his confidenceĀ  and get back to that form we saw...just dont see it here.

Fourth I would then draft Calvin Johnson with my first pick to replace the hole left by Clayton and build my defense with the additonal picks I aquired in the trade(s) and the ones I have currently....who knows we may get an additonal 1st rounder out of it.

Last I would fill holes as needed in free agency being we have 30 million + and I believe the Simms contract would void out aboutĀ  10 of it so with my 20 million plus I would go agressively into free agency

If this didnt work I would fire Gruden after the 2007 season and hire maybe a Lovie Smith to help rebuild the defense and move on from there

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #4 : December 05, 2006, 11:56:09 PM »

Where is Eli going?   You shouldn't put such nonsense in print.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #5 : December 06, 2006, 12:20:16 AM »

I wouldn't be shocked if the Bucs use the franchise tag on Chris. At the very least that opens the possibilty of working out a trade with another team. We've got the cap room...now that we finally have the tag back we should think about using it.

He'll test the free agent waters...there will be no takers. He will sign with us.

Its pretty simple.

That is absurd.

There will be some team ready and willing to offer him mad-cash.  He has been unfit for this system, but in another...

You see where I am getting at.

« #6 : December 05, 2006, 11:58:26 PM »

right use the franchise on Chris, BRILLIANT....just give him the avg. of the top 5 paid QBs in the league.....

TheChronic

Rookie

« #7 : December 05, 2006, 11:39:43 AM »

We have seen this year how Bruce Gradkowski will run this offense.

No we haven't.........we have seen how Bruce performs under a coach that refusses to simplify the rediculous playbook, or even so much as design some plays and formations around Gradkowski.  Gruden is no offensive guru folks............he is a destroyer.  Grads has the ability to be something special.......in time...and with the right coach.

« #8 : December 06, 2006, 08:49:06 AM »

OK, Boid, I know you got that sig from TBBBB.
I know.

I asked KC fan if I could jack it. He said sure enough!

I think it is a riot!

The best sig I have seen here yet this season...and the most accurate one.

« #9 : December 05, 2006, 09:58:48 AM »

I wish someone would get rid of Grudens playbook--the all holy WCO SUCKS!!Ā  How can you not figure out how to use Simms?Ā  That just makes you pig headed!!

You need an O-line to play 5-7 step drops....maybe we should re-sign Stinchcomb from the Saints to help out. ;D

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain. " ~
Maya Angelou

::) Wrong Stinchcomb...this guy is a rookie

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
« #10 : December 04, 2006, 01:40:39 PM »

I supported Chris last year, & this year. Following his performance this year...I just don't know. We need a franchise QB, I don't feel that we have one on our roster this year.

Everything you've said is exactly how I feel.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future.” - Josh Freeman

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #11 : December 05, 2006, 11:05:08 AM »

I wish someone would get rid of Grudens playbook--the all holy WCO SUCKS!!Ā  How can you not figure out how to use Simms?Ā  That just makes you pig headed!!

You need an O-line to play 5-7 step drops....maybe we should re-sign Stinchcomb from the Saints to help out. ;D

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain. " ~
Maya Angelou

::) Wrong Stinchcomb...this guy is a rookie

I know that BUT Karen didn't.........keep up.   ;)

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #12 : December 05, 2006, 01:26:47 AM »

I wish someone would get rid of Grudens playbook--the all holy WCO SUCKS!!  How can you not figure out how to use Simms?  That just makes you pig headed!!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #13 : December 05, 2006, 01:30:32 AM »

You need an O-line to play 5-7 step drops....maybe we should re-sign Stinchcomb from the Saints to help out.   ;D

Maya Angelou

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #14 : December 05, 2006, 01:31:08 AM »

Resign Simms.

If not for any other reason other than Grudens job is not exactly safe nowadays.

But I still love GRuden, would not want him gone for anyone. Ā Juts would like to see JGruds working with better offensive players.

Clayton is a dud, Ike is a solid clutch, short route runner, Caddy has no hands, Becht is an extra O-lineman, Galloway is getting older (but not losing a step, IMO). Ā And the O-line is porous still.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Offical-Unofficial resign Chris Simms thread « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools