Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Offical-Unofficial resign Chris Simms thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

dukebuc

Practice Squad

« #15 : December 04, 2006, 07:43:13 PM »

Fire Gruden and re-sign Simms.

If Gru is still here, Simms will sign with ANYONE else.  He pretty much threw Chris under the bus when he got hurt--and now that Grads has turned into a turnover machine, Gruden is stuck.

Only way Simms comes back is with a coaching change (which is entirely possible)....otherwise he's outta here.

Oh, and to knuckleheads who were throwing stats out comparing Grads to Leinart and Young.....funny how VY is being talked about as ROY and Grads is no longer even a part of the discussion.

« #16 : December 04, 2006, 02:18:12 PM »

Ok, if you had a choice of any available free agents (or rookies) who would you sign?
If we are trying to get the bucs back to any sort of normal flow Simms is a guy with experience, has guts, willing to carry our football team, is a winner, and can throw one of the most accurate deep balls we have seen in a while.

I know some have reservations about this draft coming up. However lets say we draft Johnson first. Would you want Gradkowski as our Quarterback passing to a Calvin Johnson with 5 yard outs...because he cant throw accurate downfield? Or would you love to see a Simms make the corners respect the weapons of a Galloway/Johnson/Clayton with a Simms who can light you up with 30+ yard passes....which will hit his targets between the numbers in stride? This will also take that 8th man out of the box so it will free up a Caddy to run.

Fact of the matter is nobody respects Gradkowski's deep passing so they are playing man to man bump and run.....and stuffing the run. You see that in how WIDE OPEN or WR's are downfield. However how many times have we had Galloway or Clayton on the fly only to see it overthrown or a miss read? Simms may not be a Gruden QB however Simms is the best QB Gruden has to work with. The offense is in turmoil because we are getting suffocated by defenses not having to stretch...they can make a living stopping caddy twice and pulling up a third and long which is stuffed by a two yard out.

Its not rocket science guys....we need someone a defense can respect at QB....Gradkowski scares NOBODY

« #17 : December 04, 2006, 02:23:46 PM »

Im sure Joe Gibbs was game planning  for him when we were in the playoffs last year.

Its easy to gameplan for grads....stop caddy keep your safties in and look for quick outs below the marker...

ONE....TWO.....THREE...PUNT!

« #18 : December 04, 2006, 02:25:00 PM »

Why is this thread a sticky ???

I could understand it if it was the OFFICIAL resign Simms thread, but this is the UN-official version. :P

Maybe some people are starting to hear the messae and in agreement.......read the other sticky and you will get your answer.

WE ARE TIRED OF BRUCE GRADKOWSKI

the sticky has been removed guess you are wrong ;)

It was funny that the sticky was RESIGN CHRIS SIMMS and GRADKOWSKI BLOWS

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #19 : December 04, 2006, 02:26:58 PM »

It was funny that the sticky was RESIGN CHRIS SIMMS and GRADKOWSKI BLOWS

Obviously someone with an agenda hacked JF's account.

« #20 : December 04, 2006, 10:37:01 AM »

And we've seen how Chris will run this offense. Screw Simms

You saw what he did in 2004. A lot better than what we saw this year from Bruce Almighty..... :D :D :D :D

Fact of the matter is if Chris wouldnt have left his spleen on the field during the Carolina game I believe he would have turned it around.....it looked like it was coming around when he left.

Screw Simms....lets see what you say next year if he is resigned and starting next year and showing what we have been missing this year.

Is Simms the best QB in the NFL? No. But is Simms the best QB available next year? Yes, He also shows he is the best we got.

Id rather have 15 batted balls 2 touchdowns and 2 picks then 20-34 3 picks and ZERO td's

I would hope a 3 year player in the same system would perform better than a rookie. Sorry, that doesn't fly. What looked like he was coming around? Anything positive would've looked like he was improving.

You're right, we're missing batted balls and game-changing int's.

I would hope a QB that plays 3/4 of the season rookie or not would be improving. Grads is regressing.....he is nothing better than a 2nd string QB.

What looked like he was coming around? The fact that he took the team on his back and put us in the position to win the game. Gradkowski isnt that type of QB....Gradkowski is week by week making Simms look like the heart and soul of that offense

« #21 : December 04, 2006, 08:07:58 AM »

We have seen this year how Bruce Gradkowski will run this offense. If you believe that the best QB in free agency next year is the one that is wearing #2 for the bucs then bump this thread up and add some messages to show that we want Simms back in 07

replica

Hall of Famer
« #22 : December 04, 2006, 08:30:12 AM »

I supported Chris last year, & this year. Following his performance this year...I just don't know. We need a franchise QB, I don't feel that we have one on our roster this year.

« #23 : December 04, 2006, 08:30:55 AM »

We have seen this year how Bruce Gradkowski will run this offense. If you believe that the best QB in free agency next year is the one that is wearing #2 for the bucs then bump this thread up and add some messages to show that we want Simms back in 07

Sad, but very possibly true. [banghead] [banghead] [banghead]

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #24 : December 04, 2006, 08:33:32 AM »

« #25 : December 04, 2006, 08:50:48 AM »

You saw what he did in 2004. A lot better than what we saw this year from Bruce Almighty..... :D :D :D :D

Fact of the matter is if Chris wouldnt have left his spleen on the field during the Carolina game I believe he would have turned it around.....it looked like it was coming around when he left.

Screw Simms....lets see what you say next year if he is resigned and starting next year and showing what we have been missing this year.

Is Simms the best QB in the NFL? No. But is Simms the best QB available next year?  Yes, He also shows he is the best we got.

Id rather have 15 batted balls 2 touchdowns and 2 picks then  20-34 3 picks and ZERO td's

« #26 : December 04, 2006, 08:58:52 AM »

I think the best option for this team this offseason is, unfortunately, to re-sign Simms and let him and Grads duke it out in Training Camp.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

« #27 : December 04, 2006, 09:03:02 AM »

I think the best option for this team this offseason is, unfortunately, to re-sign Simms and let him and Grads duke it out in Training Camp.

Talk about a Hobson's choice.  Yikes.  I never thought I'd yearn for Griese given his ability to give the other team 6 points but more and more he looks like he should have been retained at all costs. 

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #28 : December 04, 2006, 09:07:44 AM »

I would sign Simms for a cap friendly deal but not with the intention of handing him the starters job.  Chris just isn’t a good fit in Gruden’s WCO, and he needs a new playbook OR new coach to succeed.  At least if they can get him signed for two or three years if has trade value plus a new coach might bring an offense more suited to his skill set.

« #29 : December 04, 2006, 09:26:15 AM »

I would sign Simms for a cap friendly deal but not with the intention of handing him the starters job. Chris just isn’t a good fit in Gruden’s WCO, and he needs a new playbook OR new coach to succeed. At least if they can get him signed for two or three years if has trade value plus a new coach might bring an offense more suited to his skill set.

I agree for once M~J~S I want Simms to be retained to COMPETE for the starting job with whomever Gruden can put up.

Can you agree I would rather see a more talented offensive QB(like a Simms) with a dumbed down Gruden offense than a "Gruden fit" QB with a wide open Gruden offense.

Simms made Gruden play conservative. Simms caused Gruden to cut back to plays that fit him.

Like I said Simms isnt the best QB in the NFL yet....but we have to realize the most sucess this team has ever had have come with QB's that didnt fit into Gruden's system
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Offical-Unofficial resign Chris Simms thread « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools