Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Offical-Unofficial resign Chris Simms thread « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#60 : December 06, 2006, 11:11:27 PM

Only if Simms doesn't resign, and the Bucs roll with Rattay, Grads, and McCown...

LMAO......a couple of problems with your statement Boid; Simms isn't signing; AND what the hell has Simms done to make you think he would be able to progress in this offense.

We need to get better at the QB position and Chris Simms just wasn't getting it done.  Time to move on, and if that means taking a QB in round one, so be it.

One problem that I see with Bucs fans (which I am one) is that we dont recognize "PURE" talent. We get SOOOOOO sick of a certain player because of a "slow start" that we are redy to kick them to the curb because we think this player wouldnt work.

Taking a trip down memory lane remember the year we drafted Chris? I remember a certain QB who didnt fit our system...a superbowl winning QB talk about the  rookie.....Yes Brad Johnson had glowing praises for Chris mentioning that he got the basics of the offense and progressed at a speed that was phenominal.

The potential of Chris Simms is unbelieveable....he nails the long ball and he DOES SCRAMBLE. His only problem is INT's and Batted Balls which is minor and can be worked out. Other than that what more do you want?

If there is a god we will have Chris back!!!!!...many of you will agree with me when he hits Galloway between the 8 and 4 on a 60 yard touchdown pass...poeple will be like DAMN WHERE HAS THIS BEEN?

Then when we burn them downfield Safties/DB's will move back in coverage which will aleviate the 8-9 men in the box and guess what? CADDY TIME!!!!!!!

I know what you are saying why didnt we see this this year.....I think Simms was coming into his own vs Carolina. The batted passes stopped...he still threw the picks but he rallied this team on his back and put them in a position to win.

Gradkowski doesnt have the X factor that Simms does.

We are in need of his talent. We are in need of his leadership....and more important we are in dire need of his confidence
Once again, agreed.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#61 : December 06, 2006, 08:52:30 PM

I would hope the Bucs nab someone...but you never know.

Right now, it is looking like Simms is going to want some cheddar, and he will get it...

I just can't see Gruden rolling with Grads, McCown, and Rattay.  Sorry, not going to happen.  Ever.

Rattay is dust for sure, but there is a good chance Grads and McCown will both be on the roster next season. Both are cheap and will have a good understanding of the playbook, plus a little field time if McCown sees action this year.

I doubt Simms will be here, if they were serious about him being a starter the deal would have been done by now. So the only other options are signing a FA and going with the two above OR signing a FA and drafting a QB on day one.

We are so screwed!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#62 : December 06, 2006, 09:06:43 PM

Geez, what a debate.  MJS who has disliked the use of Simms since he got on the field wants to know why someone doesn't get all giddy over Grads.  No FA qb is good enough for the bucs.  And either Simms or Gruden has to go.

Okay, with all that there is no solution.

But wait, could Gruden and Simms warm up to each other (recent contract talks indicate their might be a flickering flame of feeling).  FA qbs are not normally in their prime nor at the peak of their game.  All those awaiting a 28 year old Dan Marino - STOP WAITING - it aint gonna happen.  Garcia would be a NICE add. 

Simms to the Giants - well if that did happen it would tell me the kid just wants the money, he doesn't want to play, bc he is not beating out the guy the Giants overpaid ( oops -) paid so well to begin with.

Fun conversation - all of it.  But utspartan - if they franchise Simms - at the average cost of the top 5 qbs in the league - well then all reality is gone and all of this does make sense.  That would not be pis..... money away, that would be taking all your extra cash to the dump.  JMHO. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#63 : December 06, 2006, 09:23:28 PM

MJS who has disliked the use of Simms since he got on the field

Not 100% accurate.....I didn't like Simms when we drafted him and the reports from camp and training were not good, they even needed to hire Hackett to help with fundamentals like center exchanges.  When he did actually take the field I was pulling for him, and he did make good progress last season.  He didn't do enough to earn a longterm contract, hence the tender.

Coming into this year I expected to see and improvement but it didn't happen.  Simms actually regressed more than even I could have envisaged.  he just doesn't fit what Grufden is trying to do, and he most likely never will.  I want the Buccs to get better and Simms is not the answer at QB IMO, not while Gruden persists with his WCO.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#64 : December 06, 2006, 09:28:14 PM

I would hope the Bucs nab someone...but you never know.

Right now, it is looking like Simms is going to want some cheddar, and he will get it...

I just can't see Gruden rolling with Grads, McCown, and Rattay. Sorry, not going to happen. Ever.

Rattay is dust for sure, but there is a good chance Grads and McCown will both be on the roster next season. Both are cheap and will have a good understanding of the playbook, plus a little field time if McCown sees action this year.

I doubt Simms will be here, if they were serious about him being a starter the deal would have been done by now. So the only other options are signing a FA and going with the two above OR signing a FA and drafting a QB on day one.

We are so screwed!
Only if Simms doesn't resign, and the Bucs roll with Rattay, Grads, and McCown...

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#65 : December 06, 2006, 09:29:04 PM

I knew I was wrong, you started disliking him when he was drafted.  Got it.  Thanks.  LOL.

No question he looked pitiful the first three games.  No question that all year long the buc o has been overmatched by the best defenses the NFL has.  Sure do wish we could have traded schedules with Green Bay, and gone 8-8 while the team continued rebuilding.

Between the injuries and the schedule this year the team is overmatched.  When they don't face a top 10 d every game next year, after they get healthy and some much needed depth I suspect Simms (if he is here) or Grads (assuming he survives) or Garcia (I hope) will provide the performance this team needs so the position stops being an anchor on the team.  

Am damn glad to get the straightened out though.  Still laughing.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#66 : December 06, 2006, 09:31:45 PM

LMAO......a couple of problems with your statement Boid; Simms isn't signing; AND what the hell has Simms done to make you think he would be able to progress in this offense.

We need to get better at the QB position and Chris Simms just wasn't getting it done.  Time to move on, and if that means taking a QB in round one, so be it.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#67 : December 06, 2006, 09:35:27 PM

I knew I was wrong,

Acknowledging you were wrong, such an admirable quality.   ;)

I just want to get better, and Simms isn't the right guy IMO.  Take a look at McCown, asses what we have at the end of the year and if the coaching staff think there is no upside with what we have on the roster they should draft a QB in the first.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#68 : December 06, 2006, 09:42:55 PM

We need to get better at the coach position.  This man refered to plays as "his children!" Which is obviosly the reason he can't adjust or retool them.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#69 : December 06, 2006, 09:43:09 PM

Hey, just bc you aren't 100% does mean you are wrong.  I was just being noble so as to not offend your lack of understanding of the Simms history/story.  

I agree with the getting better, and really don't care about the names on the jerseys.  I do wonder what JG is gonna do to get some performance at the position.  Will be interesting, and I am certain JG is gonna continue to be a butt to many "fans" as the process continues.

MJS, glad you are here.  Nice to talk to you on line.  See ya later.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#70 : December 06, 2006, 09:47:41 PM

We need to get better at the coach position. This man refered to plays as "his children!" Which is obviosly the reason he can't adjust or retool them.

Karen, I normally take up for you - but.  You have access to how the team got here on Insider.  You have access to injury reports.   You have seen and understand the difficulty of the schedule the team faced this year.  You know how the past adversely affected the cap and precluded the team from building depth.  Can you just once not go out of your way to post something that is not derogatory about JG.  The comment you referenced is so far out of context it is embarrassing to see you use it.  The man was joking.  It was said with sarcasm. 

Good nite to you as well.

#71 : December 06, 2006, 10:56:21 PM

We need to get better at the QB position and Chris Simms just wasn't getting it done.  Time to move on, and if that means taking a QB in round one, so be it.

One problem that I see with Bucs fans (which I am one) is that we dont recognize "PURE" talent. We get SOOOOOO sick of a certain player because of a "slow start" that we are redy to kick them to the curb because we think this player wouldnt work.

Taking a trip down memory lane remember the year we drafted Chris? I remember a certain QB who didnt fit our system...a superbowl winning QB talk about the  rookie.....Yes Brad Johnson had glowing praises for Chris mentioning that he got the basics of the offense and progressed at a speed that was phenominal.

The potential of Chris Simms is unbelieveable....he nails the long ball and he DOES SCRAMBLE. His only problem is INT's and Batted Balls which is minor and can be worked out. Other than that what more do you want?

If there is a god we will have Chris back!!!!!...many of you will agree with me when he hits Galloway between the 8 and 4 on a 60 yard touchdown pass...poeple will be like DAMN WHERE HAS THIS BEEN?

Then when we burn them downfield Safties/DB's will move back in coverage which will aleviate the 8-9 men in the box and guess what? CADDY TIME!!!!!!!

I know what you are saying why didnt we see this this year.....I think Simms was coming into his own vs Carolina. The batted passes stopped...he still threw the picks but he rallied this team on his back and put them in a position to win.

Gradkowski doesnt have the X factor that Simms does.

We are in need of his talent. We are in need of his leadership....and more important we are in dire need of his confidence

#72 : December 06, 2006, 11:01:59 PM

We need to get better at the coach position. This man refered to plays as "his children!" Which is obviosly the reason he can't adjust or retool them.

I think this was took out of context Karen. He was defending his playbook. I believe like he does the plays are correct on the field and the WR are open.

What he wont tell you is #7 is a deer in headlights

Gradkowski= Robb Johnson

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#73 : December 06, 2006, 11:19:33 PM

Replace Chris Simms with Rob Johnson and you have a true statement.

Problem is Rob Johnson held the ball too long, was slow to make decisions, got balls batted and made killer mistakes despite his potential.

Replace Rob Johnson with Chris Simms and you once again have a true statement.

Raw "talent" means little. Ryan Leaf had as much raw talent as Troy Aikman. Mike Vick has as much raw talent as Donovan McNabb. Kyle Boller has a much natural atlent as Steve Young. Problem is raw talent must be married to mental skills and that is what is still very much in dispute with simms.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

#74 : December 07, 2006, 08:12:40 AM

Replace Chris Simms with Rob Johnson and you have a true statement.

Problem is Rob Johnson held the ball too long, was slow to make decisions, got balls batted and made killer mistakes despite his potential.

Replace Rob Johnson with Chris Simms and you once again have a true statement.

Raw "talent" means little. Ryan Leaf had as much raw talent as Troy Aikman. Mike Vick has as much raw talent as Donovan McNabb. Kyle Boller has a much natural atlent as Steve Young. Problem is raw talent must be married to mental skills and that is what is still very much in dispute with simms.

Yes Leaf/Vick/Boller did have super potential and "raw" talent however none of them have the maturity to use it to. They could never develop into a big time QB. Chris has seen the lows of the Gruden offense...been into the fire...he survived. Chris also does something 2/3 of that list doesnt do.......win. Chris can win games.....it seems like Gradkowski has a bad habit of losing games

Its funny you mention Mr Johnson. I remember Robb was a scrambler but was a quarterback that played scared and was a deer in the headlights.....reminds me a lot of Bruce
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Offical-Unofficial resign Chris Simms thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools