Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dan Buenning highly underrated « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

: December 05, 2006, 12:28:46 PM

Davis, Buenning, ? at center (Mahan), Joseph and Blood.

The thing is with Buenning's injury he might not be back to start next year so the line still has that gap, not to mention the ongoing OT problems.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 05, 2006, 12:26:53 PM

I still would like to see the Bucs draft a an O-lineman, or a D-lineman.  I think those positions are more crucial to getting back on track right now...

Plus they (rooks) at those spots will more likely make an immediate impact, should they be good picks...

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 06, 2006, 12:20:39 PM

Wade is a liability, Mahan is the same. We have 2 very good young Guards. Trueblood seems to show a little upside, Davis is a workhorse and hasn't been bad this year.

Baghead #2

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 06, 2006, 12:17:34 PM

If we are so set that Mahan will be the future C, then put his weak ass there now. It's not going to get significantly worse out there, and it's pretty clear Wade is gone soon...

If Mahan is the better C then he should have been starting over Wade at least some of the time. The real answer here might be that Mahan isn't all that good and frankly Wade is better than some folks here think.

Wade is not better than we think and Mahan is worst... :(

Exactly.   [banghead]

Orangegone1

Starter

#4 : December 04, 2006, 11:03:08 PM

I agree that Buenning  and Joseph are solid guards.  Davis and Trueblood have played well, but John Wade has struggled for most of the season at center.  I'm not sure Mahan is the answer at center because he wasn't able to beat out Wade.  I hope there's a stud free agent center available this offseason, because we definitely need an upgrade at center.  John Wade has been getting blown up.

It seems like we have so many needs in the draft and FA but getting a top flight C with this young o-line might be the most valuable pickup to improve our offense. Wade has no push and we can't run at all.

#5 : December 04, 2006, 11:14:45 PM

no doubt

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 04, 2006, 11:08:02 PM

Well the worst was confirmed once more.

Dan Buenning is sorely missed.  [banghead] [banghead] [banghead]  It may seem unbelievable but it is like night and day without Buenning in the lineup.  People have been down on him but he is one of the better players on this team. 

I hope you have a speedy recovery Dan becuase you will be needed.

Think how good he would look with his college LT alongside him.   ;)

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 04, 2006, 11:08:44 PM

Dan Buenning is sorely missed.  [banghead] [banghead] [banghead]  It may seem unbelievable but it is like night and day without Buenning in the lineup.  People have been down on him but he is one of the better players on this team. 

Think how good he would look with his college LT alongside him.   ;)

It is an intriguing possibility.  ;D

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#8 : December 04, 2006, 01:42:41 PM

Buenning and Joseph could give us a really solid Guard tandem in the future. We just need to put a better Center in there than Wade to complete the interior of our line. I like Davis as our LT, and I'm willing to give Trueblood a shot.l

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 04, 2006, 04:02:47 PM

I heard Saturday, the Colts center, has a 25% chance of testing free agency.

gone

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 04, 2006, 04:03:17 PM

It's pretty clear and has been for a while that Mahan and Wade are the biggest weakness on this line right now.  Other than Muir, who regardless of whether Jon stays or goes, needs to be cut loose.  Hell, don't wait till offseason, do it now!

RascalBuc

Rookie

#11 : December 04, 2006, 03:42:57 PM

I agree that Buenning  and Joseph are solid guards.  Davis and Trueblood have played well, but John Wade has struggled for most of the season at center.  I'm not sure Mahan is the answer at center because he wasn't able to beat out Wade.  I hope there's a stud free agent center available this offseason, because we definitely need an upgrade at center.  John Wade has been getting blown up.

Orangegone1

Starter

#12 : December 04, 2006, 03:38:15 PM

Dan Buenning is sorely missed. [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] It may seem unbelievable but it is like night and day without Buenning in the lineup. People have been down on him but he is one of the better players on this team.

Having him in there does make a big difference. We can actually run to the left. I hope the rehap goes OK.

#13 : December 05, 2006, 12:37:28 PM

The thing is with Buenning's injury he might not be back to start next year so the line still has that gap, not to mention the ongoing OT problems.

If we do get a LT from somewhere in the offseason, might it be possible to move Davis to LG?  I think I heard that he played there previously.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 04, 2006, 08:46:21 AM

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dan Buenning highly underrated « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools