Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dan Buenning highly underrated « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

#15 : December 04, 2006, 08:50:24 AM

Well the worst was confirmed once more.

Dan Buenning is sorely missed.  [banghead] [banghead] [banghead]  It may seems unbelievable but it is like night and day without Buenning in the lineup.  People have been down on him but he is one of the better players on this team. 

I hope you have a speedy recovery Dan becuase you will be needed.

I don't think he's underrated, I think he's our best lineman.  He and DJ are the inside keys going forward.  I just hope he's ready for the beginning of next season.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#16 : December 04, 2006, 08:57:26 AM

Well the worst was confirmed once more.

Dan Buenning is sorely missed.  [banghead] [banghead] [banghead]  It may seems unbelievable but it is like night and day without Buenning in the lineup.  People have been down on him but he is one of the better players on this team. 

I hope you have a speedy recovery Dan becuase you will be needed.

I don't think he's underrated, I think he's our best lineman.  He and DJ are the inside keys going forward.  I just hope he's ready for the beginning of next season.

I too hope he is ready for next season.

#17 : December 04, 2006, 10:20:05 AM

Our running game can't go if we don't have Buenning in there. Sean Mahan is just not good enough.

#18 : December 04, 2006, 10:29:20 AM

Our running game can't go if we don't have Buenning in there. Sean Mahan is just not good enough.

If Beunning is this good he should be in the HoF. Mahan was in there last year when we ran and we drafted Davin so what we have is the same line with different rookie OG's and we now can do nada?
There's a reason we ran mostly to the left...

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 04, 2006, 10:58:50 AM

Buenning is very solid. I feel Joseph will be, too. I suppose the plan is to move Mahan to OC next season, where he will probably be more effective. I like the steps forward Trueblood is taking, next season should be one that's telling for him at the RT position. Now all they need to do is see if they can find an established LT in FA or draft a guy for that spot (I prefer the former).

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#20 : December 04, 2006, 11:22:22 AM

If we could have the intact line of Davis, Buenning,Wade/Mahan, Joseph and Trueblood for the entire offseason, preseason, and season next year the makings of a very good line are there.

Also, let's elevate Kromer to O-line coach and ship Muir out.

coopsxx

Starter
#21 : December 04, 2006, 11:43:54 AM

yeh no one talks about him, that in OL terms is a glowing endorsement.

he might be the best Allem/Gruden draft pick (value wise.)

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 05, 2006, 01:47:14 PM

Davis, Buenning, ? at center (Mahan), Joseph and Blood.

The thing is with Buenning's injury he might not be back to start next year so the line still has that gap, not to mention the ongoing OT problems.

If we do get a LT from somewhere in the offseason, might it be possible to move Davis to LG? I think I heard that he played there previously.
I think Davis has proved he will never be(come) an outstanding pass blocker.  I think he is much better suited at guard, his "natural" position.  Regardless, the Bucs need to sign SOMEONE to either play O-line, or D-line.

My guess is for once the Bucs roll with a D-lineman.  No other team is as thin up front as the Bucs, well maybe the Colts (seeing as how they gave a second rounder for Booger, LOL!).

Balls Out

Starter
#23 : December 05, 2006, 03:14:52 PM

If we could have the intact line of Davis, Buenning,Wade/Mahan, Joseph and Trueblood for the entire offseason, preseason, and season next year the makings of a very good line are there.

I've heard the "fire Muir" call numerous times on this board and every time I see it I get confused...how can you tell that it's the offensive line coach that's the problem when the line consists of 2 starting rookies and 2 guys who really don't have what it takes to be effective NFL players?
All I do know is Gruden has a tremendous amount of respect for him...say what you want about Gruden, but you have to respect the opinion of a Superbowl winning coach especially at the age he did it...and before people start jumping on me about it being Dungy's team that really won, don't forget about the team we beat to get the trophy...

"Some birds can only have a back archer if you flick the starter button - spocking the G spot doesn't work on all of them"

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#24 : December 05, 2006, 03:18:38 PM

I've heard the "fire Muir" call numerous times on this board and every time I see it I get confused...how can you tell that it's the offensive line coach that's the problem when the line consists of 2 starting rookies and 2 guys who really don't have what it takes to be effective NFL players?
All I do know is Gruden has a tremendous amount of respect for him...say what you want about Gruden, but you have to respect the opinion of a Superbowl winning coach especially at the age he did it...and before people start jumping on me about it being Dungy's team that really won, don't forget about the team we beat to get the trophy...

Do you have your flame suit on?  :D

Not even people who are very supportive of Gruden at this point support Muir.  You are taking an interesting stance and providing an interestint take.  Just let you know that I warned you.  :o

gone

Hall of Famer
#25 : December 05, 2006, 04:17:44 PM

If we are so set that Mahan will be the future C, then put his weak ass there now.  It's not going to get significantly worse out there, and it's pretty clear Wade is gone soon...

#26 : December 05, 2006, 04:20:04 PM

If we are so set that Mahan will be the future C, then put his weak ass there now.  It's not going to get significantly worse out there, and it's pretty clear Wade is gone soon...

Obviously, I'm not on the inside of the team, but...why not move Mahan to C and put Terry in?

Does Terry really suck that bad?

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 05, 2006, 04:33:40 PM

Mahan is not the answer at center. Draft a Mangold type center. Then draft three d-linemen with the next three picks. fill in the other needs with some FA's who you can replace in future drafts. With the Bucs offense/WCO and defense/Tampa2 it all begins and ends up front. If you don't believe it, look at all of the games this year for proof.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 05, 2006, 04:37:57 PM

If Mahan is the better C then he should have been starting over Wade at least some of the time. The real answer here might be that Mahan isn't all that good and frankly Wade is better than some folks here think.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 05, 2006, 04:40:29 PM

If we are so set that Mahan will be the future C, then put his weak ass there now. It's not going to get significantly worse out there, and it's pretty clear Wade is gone soon...

If Mahan is the better C then he should have been starting over Wade at least some of the time. The real answer here might be that Mahan isn't all that good and frankly Wade is better than some folks here think.

Wade is not better than we think and Mahan is worst... :(

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dan Buenning highly underrated « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools