Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: magicfan39126's super awesome fabulous amazing mock draft thread! (updated 10/9) « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#45 : October 09, 2006, 02:00:39 AM

I soncerely hope we don't pick Calvin Johnson unless we've already traded Galloway for a first round pick (New England, maybe?, Jax?)

gone

Hall of Famer
#46 : October 09, 2006, 02:04:33 AM

"5) Willis Barringer S (Michigan) - Barringer has great speed for a safety (4.50) and can really lay a big hit once in a while but actually participates in pass coverage from time to time, unlike Jermaine Phillips or Will Allen."

Love that quote, but it's a bit harsh on Will.  Kid just started last year and has a new position coach now.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#47 : October 09, 2006, 04:04:45 AM

If we're picking in the top 3, it's Johnson or the always popular but never really happens "trade down" option. I think we're bad, but I don't think we're #1 pick bad. So no Johnson for us IMHO. But if it goes down like that, I can't complain. He's the best prospect in the draft.

Mebane, sigh. I've already said my piece on him. Average. We'd be much better off finding value at another position. And despite my stance on him I think him having a chance at being a "great all around DT" is slim and none.

Datish doesn't really wow me. I'd like the pick a lot better if we had gone D in round 1.

Crosby I like, especially if he makes it past day 1.

Past that, I think Wolfe is the only one who has a chance to see consistent PT and I don't think he falls to the 6th. He might not have size, but with his speed and return abiliy, someone will take him before that.

Overall, I like the Johnson and Crosby picks. I think Mebane and Datish are average talents, and bad values given that you took CJ in the 1st implying we have at least a top 3 pick in each round. Especially Mebane. At that point, we should be able to get a borderline 1st round talent. Aside from that, only 1 D pick in the first 4 rounds spells trouble.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#48 : October 09, 2006, 08:40:53 AM

I could live with that draft.  Johnson would only sort of be a luxery pick, as Joey can't keep playing like he is forever.  What's going to happen to the team when he either retires or starts to slow down HAS to be a real concern.  But if the team were in a position that it felt like it had to take an offensive player with the first simply as a matter of that being the best available player, I would *really* want to see the team spend the rest of its first day picks on the defense.  If the team feels like it needs to upgrade at center, I'd like to think they could pick up an average one on the free agency market, and I think an average one is all they *really* need at that position.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: magicfan39126's super awesome fabulous amazing mock draft thread! (updated 10/9) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools