Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ian and Ron are bad enough, who's the other clown? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

« #30 : December 04, 2006, 12:20:39 PM »

So you're saying you expected Rice to suck after a decent season last year?  you expected the #1 defense to decline to the bottom? 

Gruden's FA signings you site are 5% of the cap problem according to Scott Reynolds.

Obviously it was a mistake to expect Fiedler to get back to health but the Bucs barely got under the cap as it was.  They were on thin ice and the ice broke.

Who do you propose to come in and coach? 

« #31 : December 04, 2006, 12:22:17 PM »

Gruden is the last NFC coach to win a Super Bowl??? That's part of your argument?? Big deal. That doesn't prove anything.

Look when Gruden came here and won the super bowl, I thought he was great, too.

Then I see him run the team into the ground with his terrible personnel decisions. How can you go into the season with a 6th rd qb as your backup? How can you go into the season with safeties that can't cover or a dl that can't get to the qb?

Look at all the money he wasted on Garner, Deese, and Stinchcomb?

Bring in a real coach, that won't split the locker room.
You can join Karen in the Armchair Head Coach HoF.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #32 : December 04, 2006, 12:24:14 PM »

Gruden is the last NFC coach to win a Super Bowl??? That's part of your argument?? Big deal. That doesn't prove anything.

Look when Gruden came here and won the super bowl, I thought he was great, too.

Then I see him run the team into the ground with his terrible personnel decisions. How can you go into the season with a 6th rd qb as your backup? How can you go into the season with safeties that can't cover or a dl that can't get to the qb?

Look at all the money he wasted on Garner, Deese, and Stinchcomb?

Bring in a real coach, that won't split the locker room.

if you listened to the BLitz you would know that those 3 signings accounted for 4% of the total dead money. Where did the other 96% come from? Hmmmm.

Actually the lockerroom isn't split.

Lloyd Grant

Rookie

« #33 : December 04, 2006, 02:08:49 PM »

well, unlike you keeponsucn, i used my real name.  I didn't say anything specific about anyone on 620.  I stated some facts about why gruden should go.  All you have done is attack, and spouted some made up fantasies about how great gruden will do next year. 

I think he got lucky with the super bowl win, and lucky to win the NFC south last year.  He's nowhere near the coaching god some of you think he is. 

Proud 300 Level Season Ticket Holder since 1997

Lloyd Grant

Rookie

« #34 : December 04, 2006, 12:30:50 PM »

So you're in the locker room and can verify this. 

I heard Derrick Brooks on Duemig's show and he pretty much laughed at Gruden's 3 games in 11 days excuse.  The guy has become a joke.

Hopefully, he has taken those shades off, because the future of the team he has is not bright. 

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #35 : December 04, 2006, 12:34:21 PM »

So you're in the locker room and can verify this.

I heard Derrick Brooks on Duemig's show and he pretty much laughed at Gruden's 3 games in 11 days excuse. The guy has become a joke.

Hopefully, he has taken those shades off, because the future of the team he has is not bright.

So is that the your definition of a split lockeroom? The future isn't bright TO YOU but I can look past the losing and see where improvements will be made.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

« #36 : December 04, 2006, 02:15:49 PM »

well, unlike you keeponsucn, i used my real name. I didn't say anything specific about anyone on 620. I stated some facts about why gruden should go. All you have done is attack, and spouted some made up fantasies about how great gruden will do next year.

I think he got lucky with the super bowl win, and lucky to win the NFC south last year. He's nowhere near the coaching god some of you think he is.
Honestly Lloyd, I think that every point that you have brought up has already been brought up, and disputed 8574980 times. Nobody feels like rehashing the same arguments with another new poster that brings up the same points that the last new poster brought up when they joined the board for no other reason than to bash Gruden, and the people who don't want him fired.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler
« #37 : December 04, 2006, 02:15:05 PM »

You guy's don't get it . When we get this new savior coach everything is going to be better. Lets face it, Gruden drops way to many passes, he fumbles, can't block or tackle and he couldn't cover my grandmother. This new coach is going be a way better athlete.

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

« #38 : December 04, 2006, 12:49:51 PM »

I can look past the losing and see where improvements will be made.

I wish I could be so positive.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

« #39 : December 04, 2006, 01:01:20 PM »

HDE, if it was obvious that Gruden's system is outdated and would never work with the right players than I would agree with your pessimism.  The challenge is getting the right players to run the system well.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #40 : December 04, 2006, 01:09:11 PM »

HDE, if it was obvious that Gruden's system is outdated and would never work with the right players than I would agree with your pessimism. The challenge is getting the right players to run the system well.

The plays are there to be made, it's obvious he's calling the right ones. It's up to the players at that point to make them. In other news water is wet.

Lloyd Grant

Rookie

« #41 : December 04, 2006, 01:09:43 PM »

Improvements?  Let me know when a single Gruden draft pick pans out.  Clayton can't catch.  Cadillac can't run.  

You guys need to put the kool aid down, and see the bucs need some changes in management and coaching.  

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #42 : December 04, 2006, 01:19:23 PM »

Improvements?  Let me know when a single Gruden draft pick pans out.  Clayton can't catch.  Cadillac can't run. 

You guys need to put the kool aid down, and see the bucs need some changes in management and coaching. 

Claytons' having problems, no doubt. Caddy is the real deal, he's still young. Funny, I don't remember LT tearing up the league in his 2nd year. Alex Smith was a solid pick, Ruud will turn out to be a good player. Davin Joeseph and Trueblood are getting valuable experience and aren't stinking it up. It takes time to develop players.

Every draft has more misses than hits, it's noy always going to be stellar. The Glazers brought in Gruden to win a SB knowing there would be tough times if the window closed without winning one. Gruden delivered, now the team is paying for the way it used draft picks to win that SB. It's common sense that you lack.

This isn't easy for anyone to sit through but you have to honestly curb your expectations this year. Firing Gruden now after they have cleared cap space and will finally have a few years of full draft picks would be a major mistake.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

« #43 : December 04, 2006, 01:28:46 PM »

I haven't listened to Ron and Ian in a while, but I actually heard a few minutes of their show this morning(not by my own choice) and I couldn't believe the stuff Beckles spews. The guy clearly has a personal dislike against Gruden the man. He really should not be commenting on him from a professional stand point  He lacks any objective capabilities.  He was saying that Gruden is gruesome and has an abrasive personality, therefore he does not have a good relationship with ANYONE, from coaches to GMs to the Glazers themselves. Beckles also said for everyone to watch for Gruden to make his move to get out of here soon, like in the coming weeks.

I guess just like Bidwell ::)

Thankfully,I was able to get someone to turn the radio off when they started on the whole Dungy thing again.
Take dal's advice and just don't listen to these guys if you can help it.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ian and Ron are bad enough, who's the other clown? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools