Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If we get the no1 pick « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

: December 05, 2006, 01:08:10 AM

If we get the #1 overall pick:

trade down.

Total agreement.

I had to think about the prospects, but I think it is the best thing for two reasons.

1)  It allows the Bucs to seek immediate talent at a cheap cost.
2)  The Bucs need a lot of help all over the roster, thus in accord with reason #1

And to think the Bucs will win any of the last three games is kind of hard for me to fathom.  The cold will termiante the Bucs in Cleveland.  Oh wait, the roster might just do that.

Seattle?  They are hitting stride at the right time, and with more health at QB and RB, they will destroy the Bucs by about 21 or so points, granted they provide the Bucs "Mercy", as Peyton granted the Bucs.

And just to throw this in there, not on topic at all, but that last FG was a total joke.  At that point, the Bucs should have went for 7.  I mean, WTH was the reasoning behind that?  To not get shut out?

They deserved to be again.

Man, I got a headache.

Bucz108

Starter

#1 : December 05, 2006, 01:02:52 AM

Charlie Weis can't even win a National Championship in college. Why the hell would you think he can win a Super Bowl? It's easy to look good when you've got Tom Brady as your QB and a defense with Bruschi, Vrabel and Seymour, winning a ton of games for you. 

Weis has only been at Notre Dame for 2 years.  Give him some time before you say he can't win a National Championship.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 04, 2006, 11:31:44 PM

If the Bucs get the #1 pick they HAVE to trade down. Someone will want one of the big time players at the top of the draft and the Bucs could drop down to picks 5-10 and still get a 2nd and a 3rd round pick out of a team and still land a major impact player. If that were to happen, the Bucs would have 1 first rounder, 3 second rounders, and I believe 2 third rounders. That would be six picks on day 1. That would add a whole lot of young talent to this team. I'd rather do that than gamble that the person we take with the #1 pick is going to be a super star.

I do not think they have to trade down but obtaining more draft picks would be nice. 

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 04, 2006, 10:29:08 PM

there one game behind the the no1 pick, and i am sure we have tougher schedules that oak and det, so if we are tied record wise we will have the no 1

Have you seen the Raiders offense?  Their defense played lights out and still lost the game yesterday.

LOL

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#4 : December 04, 2006, 07:08:05 PM

If the Bucs get the #1 pick they HAVE to trade down. Someone will want one of the big time players at the top of the draft and the Bucs could drop down to picks 5-10 and still get a 2nd and a 3rd round pick out of a team and still land a major impact player. If that were to happen, the Bucs would have 1 first rounder, 3 second rounders, and I believe 2 third rounders. That would be six picks on day 1. That would add a whole lot of young talent to this team. I'd rather do that than gamble that the person we take with the #1 pick is going to be a super star.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#5 : December 04, 2006, 02:58:03 PM

week 14
Oakland @ Cincinnati
Hawks @ Arizona
Minnesota @ Lions

week 15
Detroit @ Green Bay
Denver @ Arizona
Rams @ Oakland

week 16
KC @ Oakland
Chicago @ Detroit
Arizona @ 9ers

week 17
Detroit @ Dallas
Oakland @ Jets
Arizona @ San Diego

Doesn't look like we have a shot at #1.

The Vikings, 49ers and Rams are all beatable, but that would only give the worst teams one more win at best which would only move us into 3rd overall.

Wait, I forgot about the Packers, if the Lions beat both the Packers and Vikings and Arizona beats the Rams we'd move up to 2nd overall.

shall555

Starter

#6 : December 04, 2006, 03:11:49 PM

Charlie Weis can't even win a National Championship in college. Why the hell would you think he can win a Super Bowl? It's easy to look good when you've got Tom Brady as your QB and a defense with Bruschi, Vrabel and Seymour, winning a ton of games for you.  

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#7 : December 04, 2006, 03:13:51 PM

I know you have beniro, but we're outnumbered by alot right now. I'm not picking on the new posters either, heck you have to start somewhere, it's just all of the new threads center on the same things and it's getting to be not only repetitive, but depressing.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 04, 2006, 03:38:21 PM

there one game behind the the no1 pick, and i am sure we have tougher schedules that oak and det, so if we are tied record wise we will have the no 1

If there is a tie, the team with the weaker schedule wins out. Basically, losing against weaker opponents shows just how bad the team is.

that makes sense but its so harsh on us, since we were already at a disadvantage because of a tougher schedule

Thats the point...You dont reward better teams.

#9 : December 04, 2006, 03:07:01 PM

The Vikings, 49ers and Rams are all beatable, but that would only give the worst teams one more win at best which would only move us into 3rd overall.

Wait, I forgot about the Packers, if the Lions beat both the Packers and Vikings and Arizona beats the Rams we'd move up to 2nd overall.

My, my, my. We've gone from winning the nfc south to trying to win the #1 pick all in the span of 1 year. Its a sad, sad state of affairs.

I know. I'm tempted to take a hiatus around here until after the season ends. There's way too much crying going on now but the season has been lost weeks ago. The fairweather fans are rearing their heads in disgust, many of whom we'll probably never hear from again. Most of the regulars barely post anymore. I think I'm going to kick back and let it ride. Wait til the season is done and the tough decisions get made and then come back when this place is more sound of mind.

I consider myself a "regular"...at least this year.  I've tried to post meaningful stuff, but the sea of crap tends to drown it all out.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#10 : December 04, 2006, 03:05:03 PM

My, my, my. We've gone from winning the nfc south to trying to win the #1 pick all in the span of 1 year. Its a sad, sad state of affairs.

I know. I'm tempted to take a hiatus around here until after the season ends. There's way too much crying going on now but the season has been lost weeks ago. The fairweather fans are rearing their heads in disgust, many of whom we'll probably never hear from again. Most of the regulars barely post anymore. I think I'm going to kick back and let it ride. Wait til the season is done and the tough decisions get made and then come back when this place is more sound of mind.

#11 : December 04, 2006, 02:59:50 PM

#12 : December 04, 2006, 02:53:33 PM

week 14
Oakland @ Cincinnati
Hawks @ Arizona
Minnesota @ Lions

week 15
Detroit @ Green Bay
Denver @ Arizona
Rams @ Oakland

week 16
KC @ Oakland
Chicago @ Detroit
Arizona @ 9ers

week 17
Detroit @ Dallas
Oakland @ Jets
Arizona @ San Diego

Doesn't look like we have a shot at #1.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#13 : December 04, 2006, 02:46:48 PM

I would love to see Weis here.  Honestly, it won't happen, but it would be pretty cool.  Who says Weiss is leaving ND anyway?

And I don't know much about prospects this year besides guys from Florida and the big O players like CJ, Ginn, Smith, and Quinn.  So what position do Joe Thomas and Gaines Adams play and how good are they?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 04, 2006, 04:15:08 PM

If we get the #1 overall pick:

trade down.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If we get the no1 pick « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools