Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'm telling you right now the WR we need... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

: December 04, 2006, 01:42:11 PM

I mean defense is the priority but my goodness if we can get a 4th year guy like Johnson that would a big shot in the arm for this offense. Johnson was not even a thought 5 weeks ago, but IMHO its a priority to get a young guy with his game on this team. We need him.

Baghead #2

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 04, 2006, 04:08:54 PM

I'd rather have a young veteran who's proven his talent in the NFL than a rookie WR who has never faced NFL db's..

That would also free up our #1 pick for something we really need.. defense or evidently QB now...

I agree. A bidding war is worth this guy. He has a good attitude form what I've heard as well.

alstott40

Pro Bowler

#2 : December 04, 2006, 03:34:15 PM

I rather have boldin or fitzgerald

And my niece would rather have a pony.  Which is about as likely to happen as the Cards letting Boldin or Fitz get away.

hey I thought we were throwing x-mas wishes out there

Totally know fitz and boldin were out of the question . SARCASM!!!

acacius

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 04, 2006, 02:01:33 PM

And my niece would rather have a pony.  Which is about as likely to happen as the Cards letting Boldin or Fitz get away.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 04, 2006, 01:18:05 PM

We need to sign Bryant Johnson from the Arizona Cardinals. Former 1st round pick, 6'3" 215 and can run and catch. He has really come on and played well inplace of Fitzgerald being injured and for him unfortunately is stuck as the 3rd Wr with arguable the best tandem WR group in the NFL.

I know we need defense but we have got to get somone with some elite ability and I think this guy has the sky as his limit! I have seen him play on several occasions and he performs well. We need that WR! He is a 4th year guy and will be a FA this offseason. I feel it is imperative that we attempt to sign this guy! We could go Galloway, Johnson, Clayton/Stovall (whoever plays well next summer) and that would give us another young guy in Johnson and maybe Clayton could turn the corner (doubt it but you never know). Bryant Johnson should be pursued by us and should be a top priority. We need defense but we missed the call on getting Clayton to be a R1 pick and Bryant Johnson could bail us out, get him!

Baghead #2

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 04, 2006, 01:19:51 PM

There was a thread about him last week. And for the record, I still agree..

But he won't come cheap.

alstott40

Pro Bowler

#6 : December 04, 2006, 01:20:01 PM

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#7 : December 04, 2006, 01:21:06 PM

I'm not opposed to that. We have plenty of $$$ to spend in FA. Then again, if we end up with a top 3 pick, and the staff is looking at drafting CJ, then maybe we don't pick him up....

this offseason will be exciting....March can't come quick enough

G-Snake

Rookie

#8 : December 04, 2006, 01:21:31 PM

You're 1 half correct. You got the last name right, but screwed up the first name.

The correct answer is Calvin Johnson.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 04, 2006, 01:23:41 PM

There was a thread about him last week. And for the record, I still agree..

But he won't come cheap.

He probably won't be cheap but he is the 3rd man on the depth chart! If we could walk out with Briggs, Johnson and a safety I would be feeling great. We have got to make a move to bring in something for this offense and Johnson could be a great addition, he really could.

Baghead #2

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#10 : December 04, 2006, 01:24:00 PM

No doubt the Bucs need a playmaker at WR given Galloway age.  It will depend on how the #1 pick is used but he would be a good pick up in FA.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 04, 2006, 01:25:08 PM

I'd rather have a young veteran who's proven his talent in the NFL than a rookie WR who has never faced NFL db's..

That would also free up our #1 pick for something we really need.. defense or evidently QB now...

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 04, 2006, 01:25:22 PM

I'm not opposed to that. We have plenty of $$$ to spend in FA. Then again, if we end up with a top 3 pick, and the staff is looking at drafting CJ, then maybe we don't pick him up....

this offseason will be exciting....March can't come quick enough

That is very true as well but maybe we don't want to go WR that early in R1, especially if Gaines Adams or Joe Thomas are still on the board.

Adding Bryant Johnson could make us more flexible at that position. We could get the WR in Bryant Johnson and not have to draft a rookie WR and get Adams or Thomas potientially. If they are gone we still got our FA WR in Johnson and we could trade down.

Baghead #2

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 04, 2006, 01:26:06 PM

Precisely, we are more flexible and he is a vet.

Baghead #2

alstott40

Pro Bowler

#14 : December 04, 2006, 01:28:07 PM

I say we should still beef up the weak side OL

We cant even complete a 3 step drop without getting hurried,

God forbid we attempt a 5

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'm telling you right now the WR we need... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools