Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DEAR Santa: Calvin Johnson « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

: December 05, 2006, 12:25:29 PM

Yeah, I'm not sure why Johnson isn't on the list because he's in there. Jarrett is just outside the list.

Their list is, needless to say, different than others and all of this stuff will change based on post-season and combines.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 05, 2006, 11:57:38 AM

If the Bucs don't spend the top 5 pick on defense I would go to One Buc and ask Gruden to leave. he's not that stupid........? is he?

I don't pretend to have much knowledge when it comes to college prospects so please excuse my ignorance. What defensive player(s) is worthy of a top 5 pick this year?
IMO, only Gaines Adams is worth a top 5 pick.

The guys at scouts inc, the experts <insert mocking comment here like you've wtached anymore games than they have> over at ESPn have the draft ranked this way:

1. Joe Thomas OT 98
2. Brady Quinn QB 98
3. Gaines Adams DE 97
4. Leon Hall CB 97
5. Quinn Pit**CENSORED** DT 96
6. Quentin Moses DE 96
7. Brian Brohm QB 95
8. Levi Brown OT 95
9. Kenny Irons RB 94
10. Marcus McCauley CB 94

They would tend to disagree with you but they, for reasons I don't know, don't have Johnson even rated nor Dewayne Jarrett.

CJ is a top five player and Jarrett may sneak into the top fiffteen.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 05, 2006, 11:33:35 AM

This draft is exactly whatthe Bucs needed in all honesty.

A lot of O-lineman, a lot of DLs...

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 06, 2006, 08:57:36 AM

The Grinch says one great defensive player doesn't make your defense great unless he's a MLB but one great wide receiver can turn an offense completely around.

Sapp says hi.

QFT

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 06, 2006, 12:00:25 PM

The only way the Bucs entertain the thought of CJ is if Thomas and Gaines are off the board or Galloway retires in the off-season.  If Galloway retires in the off-season then CJ may be a serious option to look at.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 06, 2006, 12:17:17 PM

In terms of importance  and impact I would argue the undertackle is more important than a weakside linebacker.  A weakside linebacker is more important than a strong safety.

The undertackle makes everyones job easier.  DE's, LB's, Safties, corners. 

Well, the original statement was that one player alone doesn't make a defense great and the counter was Sapp. I counter that and say that on a defense full of crap Sapp wouldn't have made it "great". He'd make it better, but for "greatness" there's a lot more required than one great player and 10 crummy ones.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#6 : December 06, 2006, 03:09:37 AM

The Grinch says one great defensive player doesn't make your defense great unless he's a MLB but one great wide receiver can turn an offense completely around.

Harrison, Owens,  S. Smith,  Colston................

Right. Harrison is surrounded by talent. Owens hasn't even been the best WR on his team this year, and Dallas is still doing well. The Panthers aren't doing so hot on offense and Smith isn't making Delhomme look anything more than average, IF THAT, this season. Colston? I called this guy before most, which isn't saying much because no one knew of him, but BREES is the difference in New Orleans. Either way, looking at the 4 of them, on thing I see clearly. It's the QB who makes the offense go. Brees, Romo after he came in for Bledsoe, obviously Manning, and Delhomme is playing bad so the Carolina offense is looking likewise.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 05, 2006, 09:27:39 AM

If the Bucs don't spend the top 5 pick on defense I would go to One Buc and ask Gruden to leave. he's not that stupid........? is he?

I don't pretend to have much knowledge when it comes to college prospects so please excuse my ignorance. What defensive player(s) is worthy of a top 5 pick this year?

The guys at scouts inc, the experts <insert mocking comment here like you've wtached anymore games than they have> over at ESPn have the draft ranked this way:

1. Joe Thomas OT 98
2. Brady Quinn QB 98
3. Gaines Adams DE 97
4. Leon Hall CB 97
5. Quinn Pit**CENSORED** DT 96
6. Quentin Moses DE 96
7. Brian Brohm QB 95
8. Levi Brown OT 95
9. Kenny Irons RB 94
10. Marcus McCauley CB 94

They would tend to disagree with you but they, for reasons I don't know, don't have Johnson even rated nor Dewayne Jarrett.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

T

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 05, 2006, 09:00:59 AM

I hope everyone realizes that the Bucs will draft offense yet again in the first round, unless they trade down. This defense will be rebuilt in free agency where there is more proven talent available on the defensive side of the ball. I would be shocked if the Bucs drafted defense in the 1st round. Looks like they'll have a top 3 pick.

#9 : December 05, 2006, 07:45:32 AM

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 06, 2006, 12:15:16 PM

Don't forget Brad Culpepper and Hardy. But Sapp did bring the perfect attitude to help bring it together and some of the best skills ever for a DT..

No question. And I forgot about Hardy. I still remember how he shook up the lockerroom and started changing some attitudes the day he arrived.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 06, 2006, 12:14:01 PM

Sapp says hi.

I'll have to disagree with this one. Sapp was great and he elevated the DL, but on a team full of scrubs he wouldn't have been enough. No, this defense was great because of Sapp + Lynch + Brooks + Monte Kiffin and his assistants.

In terms of importance  and impact I would argue the undertackle is more important than a weakside linebacker.  A weakside linebacker is more important than a strong safety.

The undertackle makes everyones job easier.  DE's, LB's, Safties, corners. 

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 06, 2006, 12:08:37 PM

Sapp says hi.

I'll have to disagree with this one. Sapp was great and he elevated the DL, but on a team full of scrubs he wouldn't have been enough. No, this defense was great because of Sapp + Lynch + Brooks + Monte Kiffin and his assistants.

#13 : December 06, 2006, 12:02:52 PM

The only way the Bucs entertain the thought of CJ is if Thomas and Gaines are off the board or Galloway retires in the off-season.  If Galloway retires in the off-season then CJ may be a serious option to look at.

But even Galloway is not a true #1.  And he's going to be 36 next year.  We do NEED to pick up a quality WR, if not a #1.  I'm not saying it'll be in round 1, but we need help at WR.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 06, 2006, 12:11:36 PM

Don't forget Brad Culpepper and Hardy. But Sapp did bring the perfect attitude to help bring it together and some of the best skills ever for a DT..
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DEAR Santa: Calvin Johnson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools