Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It was agaist the 49ers!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

: December 06, 2006, 12:15:22 AM

I think guys like me and Ray want Grads to tear the league apart, but the simple fact is, and based solely on observation of basic QB skills, is that he is not the guy for the job. He is a temp, a guy you ask to come in when someone else is on vacay...

As a starter, he is not the man. He has a rag doll arm, is not that accurate for whatever reason (and I thought Simms got geeked up!), and his mobility is vastly overrated.

Of course he is a rookie, and of course I understand that he will go through growing pains. But looking at the way he plays, does not give me the feeling that he will carry this team to better places, or at least deep into the playoffs unless that good ole Bucs D comes back. But sadly that era is gone, like kronic.

I have not seen flashes from the man.

Where are all the posts comping him to Vince Young and Matt Leinart now? They vanish because stats can only tell you so much, and watching the three rooks play, it becomes obvious that even with evenly matched stats, these other QBs are franchise, and Grads is band-aid.

I do hope he proves me wrong in the worst way, I can only withstand so much abuse. And I equivocate losing to abuse.

I spend good money on this team, rooting for them, and we can only expect the best out of them. Losing eats butt. I hate losing, I am competitive as all hell. This losing tradition must be a quick ritual oflearning, a trial by fire.

I am patient with other things in life. But not football.

Win now, or go home.

Probably the wrong thread, but a great post.

I support this post 100%.

And anyone who dogged VY all pre-season, and bashed me for supporting him, forget the numbers and look at what the guy is doing with a POOR team.  VY is going to be great.  Period.

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#1 : December 06, 2006, 12:15:04 AM

yeah and Bush's first NFL TD was against us. he's managed to score against horrible teams.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 06, 2006, 12:12:49 AM

I think guys like me and Ray want Grads to tear the league apart, but the simple fact is, and based solely on observation of basic QB skills, is that he is not the guy for the job.  He is a temp, a guy you ask to come in when someone else is on vacay...

As a starter, he is not the man.  He has a rag doll arm, is not that accurate for whatever reason (and I thought Simms got geeked up!), and his mobility is vastly overrated.

Of course he is a rookie, and of course I understand that he will go through growing pains.  But looking at the way he plays, does not give me the feeling that he will carry this team to better places, or at least deep into the playoffs unless that good ole Bucs D comes back.  But sadly that era is gone, like kronic.

I have not seen flashes from the man.

Where are all the posts comping him to Vince Young and Matt Leinart now?  They vanish because stats can only tell you so much, and watching the three rooks play, it becomes obvious that even with evenly matched stats, these other QBs are franchise, and Grads is band-aid.

I do hope he proves me wrong in the worst way, I can only withstand so much abuse.  And I equivocate losing to abuse.

I spend good money on this team, rooting for them, and we can only expect the best out of them.  Losing eats butt.  I hate losing, I am competitive as all hell.  This losing tradition must be a quick ritual oflearning, a trial by fire.

I am patient with other things in life.  But not football.

Win now, or go home.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#3 : December 06, 2006, 12:06:05 AM

That is the nice thing about a guy's career, we get to watch and see how it turns out. Not gonna bash him - yet - cuz he is a rookie and gonna make it, just don't know how far he will get. He seems to be applying himself, and is in a decent system for him. We will see.

I am not bashing him, just sticking with my assessment of him coming out of college.  So far he hasn't proven me wrong.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#4 : December 05, 2006, 11:50:44 PM

That is the nice thing about a guy's career, we get to watch and see how it turns out.  Not gonna bash him - yet - cuz he is a rookie and gonna make it, just don't know how far he will get.  He seems to be applying himself, and is in a decent system for him.  We will see.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#5 : December 05, 2006, 11:46:45 PM

Yea Ray, two long tds and a career full of potential. We don't have to like it but the kid has the talent. He is not hard to admire as he has the skill set. Not like he can't be a RB, therefore unlike Mike Vick, who can't be a qb. JMHO.

I would think if he had near the ability he is given credit for he would have more than 2 big plays in 214 touches......

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 05, 2006, 11:45:19 PM

Yea Ray, two long tds and a career full of potential.  We don't have to like it but the kid has the talent.  He is not hard to admire as he has the skill set.  Not like he can't be a RB, therefore unlike Mike Vick, who can't be a qb.  JMHO. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Larry Brackins

Starter
#7 : December 05, 2006, 11:38:12 PM

The 49ers would kick our ass.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#8 : December 05, 2006, 11:09:44 PM

you guys make it seem as if the niners suck.......ok you are right. but the D has been playing a lot better AS OF LATE. the saints finally used him the correct way in this game. acouple end arounds and screens. i was very impressed w/ his play. will he live up to the hype...maybe, hard to say right now. hard to judge a rookie.

i cant knock him for what he did against us. i applaud him actually. i am just upset he decided to break out against the niners.
bush isn't an every down back. IMO he should run the ball maybe 10 times game and have him line up for play action or screens in the back field or as WR.

I agree with most of that which is why I say he'll be an average player, maybe above average but not this sure fire savior, superstar that will make the HOF type guy he is being hyped as.....

da49erfan

Starter

#9 : December 05, 2006, 11:07:25 PM

you guys make it seem as if the niners suck.......ok you are right. but the D has been playing a lot better AS OF LATE. the saints finally used him the correct way in this game. acouple end arounds and screens. i was very impressed w/ his play. will he live up to the hype...maybe, hard to say right now. hard to judge a rookie.

i cant knock him for what he did against us. i applaud him actually. i am just upset he decided to break out against the niners.
bush isn't an every down back. IMO he should run the ball maybe 10 times game and have him line up for play action or screens in the back field or as WR.

Beastie

Rookie

#10 : December 06, 2006, 10:21:41 AM

C'mon he scored 4 touchdowns. Whenever someone scores 4 touchdowns they hype them up and well did you watch the highlights? Bush looked amazing on those big plays.

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 05, 2006, 12:55:55 PM

GOD I hate ESPN!!!!

They make Regie Bush seem as though hes superman. He scored 4 agaist San Fran!!!!! Come on now!

Westbrook had 4 TD's
LT had 4 TD's
Kurt Warner had 3 TD's
Grossman even threw 3 TD's agaist san fran, come on now.

PLEASE!! Stop the hype machine! Its making me sick!

Caddy was waaaaaay better then Bush last year and he didnt get half the hype!!!!
HES NOT EVEN THE BEST ROOKIE ON HIS OWN TEAM!!! He's got 5 TD's total and 4 were in one game!!
According to ESPN he's the next Gale Sayers!! I think I just threw up in my mouth......

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 05, 2006, 01:06:49 PM

I feel you brother...

I really don't know why ESPN is so in love with this kid. Okay, he's a great talent, but Lord almighty.......

HE IS NOT EVEN THE BEST ROOKIE ON THEIR SQUAD

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 05, 2006, 01:37:53 PM

Look, I understand there's hate for Bush because of the hype but the kid is really good. I dont' care who it's against, he made NFL players look like fools with some of the moves he made.

I'd give him another year and he'll be lights out. Not really line up in an I and run it down your throat but get him in space and he's ridiculous type good.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 05, 2006, 01:38:44 PM

And Frisco is not that bad.  And they are playing forty mill under tha cap...

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It was agaist the 49ers!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools