Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It was agaist the 49ers!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#30 : December 05, 2006, 10:00:38 PM

I don't mind Bush getting hyped, he is producing.  He is good to great at times as a rookie.  Making plays is the game in this league and he is getting it done in spite of defenses paying particular attention to him due to hype and being the 2nd overall. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#31 : December 05, 2006, 10:32:14 PM

You are right on those stats - but he brings the splash plays, and the threat that helps others so much.  We will see about the RB thing, and you could be right.  We will have to wait and see, and I hope you are right and the bucs avoid being the victims of another bush big play. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#32 : December 05, 2006, 10:29:55 PM

I don't mind Bush getting hyped, he is producing. He is good to great at times as a rookie. Making plays is the game in this league and he is getting it done in spite of defenses paying particular attention to him due to hype and being the 2nd overall.

He is producing alright, to the tune of 3.1 yards per carry.  Deuce on the other hand averages 4.4 behind the same line.  Wow, he had 4 TD, all from very close in.  He had 10 carries for 37 yards, very Caddy like.  If we could get inside the 10 or 5 as often as NO did Caddy too could have 37 yards and 3 TD. 

That being said he is a good threat to catch out of the backfield but I don't think he'll ever be a good RB.  He is on par to what I predicted he'll be...an average, maybe above average player but not nearly the superstar everyone makes him out to be.....

In a lot of ways he reminds of Michael Vick early on.  All hype, then every so often a game like this against a poor defense, and then right back to nothing, a good game, nothing for awhile, etc.........

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#33 : December 05, 2006, 10:38:24 PM

You are right on those stats - but he brings the splash plays, and the threat that helps others so much. We will see about the RB thing, and you could be right. We will have to wait and see, and I hope you are right and the bucs avoid being the victims of another bush big play.

Splash plays?

His long run on the year has been 18 yards.

He has had 2 Big plays all year on 214 touches (rushing, receiving, returning)

The PR for 65 yards against us, and the 74 yard pass play against the 49ers.

That's it.

If that is worthy of the hype, ok, you got me.  But I tend to beleive it takes more than TWO big plays to be worthy of that.....

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#34 : December 06, 2006, 01:24:51 PM

What annoys me is that whether he booms or busts, either way, ESPN will be all over Reggie Bush for years to come. Lets say that his status as a player goes to a similar one to Michael Vick, where its clear his play doesnt match the hype, ESPN will still be saying that ''his presence on the field makes up for any shortcomings'' etc. IF he does indeed become one the all time elite RB's, then ESPN wont hesitate to remind us all.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

#35 : December 06, 2006, 01:26:02 PM

Bush is ESPN's new love child as they finally got off of Vick's jock. (for now at least)

Beastie

Rookie

#36 : December 06, 2006, 01:45:03 PM

All I can say is that with Vick as their starting QB they are 38-27.

Without him 8-18.

He does make that much of difference in the game

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#37 : December 06, 2006, 01:48:58 PM

And all I can say is he is not leading the Falcons to the promised land as sooooo may thought would happen.  He is not all that, maybe just the bag of chips. 

#2Linebacker32

Starter

#38 : December 06, 2006, 07:30:16 PM

ESPN is saying he is the next GALE SAYERS, come on guys.

This is why the media is out there . To take things and Magnify them ten fold. Bush is good but he hasnt been the main event from a rookie standpoint. MJD is making an impact on every down. He has more td's and has longer RUNS not Reciptions like bush had. MJD is a running back Bush is a 3rd down back and slot WR. He really hasnt impressed me that much. I knew he wasnt going to do Fresno State in the NFL because the game is Too Fast. While Bush will be a very good back for NO. I will never see him being the type of back LT has becaaome because bush cant run between the tackles he is only good on the outside Just look at every single ball he has touched and that will tell you everything you need to know about how effective he can be between the tackles. Even in USC he never ran between the tackles. Not taking anything wawy from him but to me has not you every down beat them in the ground RB. He's at his best on the outside and as a slot wr.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#39 : December 08, 2006, 09:37:43 PM

All I can say is that with Vick as their starting QB they are 38-27.

Without him 8-18.

He does make that much of difference in the game

You can say that about most any team when they lose their starting QB.....
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It was agaist the 49ers!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools