Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chad Johnson just threw down the gaunlet on NFL Network « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#30 : March 18, 2008, 08:48:33 PM

I'm so sick of his this guy's act.

I'll take his "act" in the endzone every sunday!!!
QFMFT

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 18, 2008, 08:49:13 PM

why wouldn't you give a first?  What college prospect that will be around pick 20 will have the impact or career that Chad Johnson will have?

Definetly no WR will.  Heck if a WR accomplishes half of what Chad accomplished, he should be considered a solid WR...

trade our 1st for Chad and dont think about it...Chad is 29 years old and has had awesome years with crappy teams like the Bengals..  With the Bucs, he may not have as good statistical years, but I still see 1200 yards and 8-10 TDs for the man.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#32 : March 18, 2008, 08:51:21 PM

He didn't throw anyone under any bus either.  Class.

Says he loved his teammates.  But also said time for a change, and that the grass may not be greener on the other side, but he has his hose and grass seeds ready.

Seems like a real cool dude.  Wonder if half the stuff reported about him isn't pure bolgna, or if maybe he just puts on a good face for TV.

Either way, you cannot deny his talent.  And FWIW, he is worth a second rounder.  A first?  Maybe.  But the Bucs aren't likely to part with their first for an aging wideout, no matter how talented he is perceived to be.

#33 : March 18, 2008, 08:52:16 PM

If he keeps doing this they'll have no choice but to trade him. What better than to an NFC team?

and Philly will probably be the first to step up.

#34 : March 18, 2008, 08:55:19 PM

I want this guy!  Get 'em Bruce!  Go Bucs!

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 18, 2008, 08:55:52 PM

boid fink and that is why we will lose yet another first round playoff game....because we wouldn't take the risk to add a guy like Chad Johnson.  The man is a beast and would make us a top 10 offense.  You combine that with our top 5 defense and I say we're legit Super Bowl contenders...

but nah...we dont want to trade our 1st for a proven probowl WR...we rather spend it on young WR who we know nothing about at the NFL level.  I'd not only trade our 1st for Chad Johnson, but I'd give them our 3rd round pick as well.  Michael Clayton was a 1st round pick, Maurice Stovall-Chris Colmer-Marquis Cooper were all 3rd rounders.

With the way the Bucs draft....although good in recent years, I wouldn't have to think twice in adding Chad Johnson for a 1st.  We keep the WR core we have with a rookie WR...we are a top 18-20 offense with still a top D in which our O will get shutdown in the playoffs.  If we had Chad this year, I think we may have won the Super Bowl.  I know one thing, the giants wouldnt have shut down both Chad and Galloway.

#36 : March 18, 2008, 08:58:09 PM

^^^well stated^^^

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#37 : March 18, 2008, 08:59:32 PM

..I know one thing, the giants wouldnt have shut down both Chad and Galloway.

No, they would've just abused Garcia all day.. lol

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 18, 2008, 09:01:22 PM

redalert...you are right that Garcia was taken a beating...but I think some of that had to do with the Giants not worrying about the passing game and just blitzing non-stop...

I mean Galloway got hurt and didnt really play and that was that...  Who was our best threat? Alex Smith who caught a TD.

With Chad...they still have to respect the passing game and I just think it would have been a better result

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#39 : March 18, 2008, 09:02:36 PM

boid fink and that is why we will lose yet another first round playoff game....because we wouldn't take the risk to add a guy like Chad Johnson.  The man is a beast and would make us a top 10 offense.  You combine that with our top 5 defense and I say we're legit Super Bowl contenders...

but nah...we dont want to trade our 1st for a proven probowl WR...we rather spend it on young WR who we know nothing about at the NFL level.  I'd not only trade our 1st for Chad Johnson, but I'd give them our 3rd round pick as well.  Michael Clayton was a 1st round pick, Maurice Stovall-Chris Colmer-Marquis Cooper were all 3rd rounders.

With the way the Bucs draft....although good in recent years, I wouldn't have to think twice in adding Chad Johnson for a 1st.  We keep the WR core we have with a rookie WR...we are a top 18-20 offense with still a top D in which our O will get shutdown in the playoffs.  If we had Chad this year, I think we may have won the Super Bowl.  I know one thing, the giants wouldnt have shut down both Chad and Galloway.
How do you know that the Bucs will go and lose yet another first round matchup?  Did someone give you a crystal ball?

I am just saying that the Bucs aren't likely to part with it, whether most of us here agree with it or not.  And if all it takes is Ocho Cinco to G'tee a first round pass, life would be a lot easier, wouldn't it?

And if the Giants can beat the Pats, the Cowboys at their house, and Green Bay in the freeze at their home, I am quite sure they could have beaten the Bucs with Chad and Joey doing there thing.  Just call it a hunch...

gharen

Pro Bowler

#40 : March 18, 2008, 09:04:22 PM

They wouldn't have had to beat the Bucs with Chad and Joey! Joey wimped out in the 1st quarter!

#41 : March 18, 2008, 09:05:22 PM

We've got a better D than any of those teams. There is no denying that a player like CJ would alter the way any team played vs our O.

Having said that, no need in getting my hopes up.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#42 : March 18, 2008, 09:06:49 PM

For all the antics this guy puts down, he is actually a decent person off the field. he has his own charities and gives back to the public. not to mention he is a beast on the field. i was watching sports science one day and they were testing the reach of a WR and had Chad on their. They made the comparison of throwing to him or to a full grown elephant (the range of him catching it and an elephant) You'd have a better chance throwing it to Chad, now that's insane.

Galloway and Johnson would be deadly. I don't think anyone could cover that. And if they can, we should sign them too.

I'd give up a first and a player or probably even a first and a 3rd for him and it would be well worth it.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#43 : March 18, 2008, 09:08:31 PM

TJ Housh, with Carson Palmer throwing them the pigskin, and Ocho Cinco is worse than Joey, Garcia and Johnson?  No waaaaaaaaaaaaay dude.

Chad would make the offense better, but it wouldn't be as good as the Bengals offense.  It would be "stoppable", trust me...

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#44 : March 18, 2008, 09:09:06 PM

redalert...you are right that Garcia was taken a beating...but I think some of that had to do with the Giants not worrying about the passing game and just blitzing non-stop...

I mean Galloway got hurt and didnt really play and that was that... Who was our best threat? Alex Smith who caught a TD.

With Chad...they still have to respect the passing game and I just think it would have been a better result

That's all good in theory, but like Boid alluded to, the Giants destroyed 3 offenses that are way better than ours. Not saying that I don't like CJ, he'd elevate our passing game for sure, but I don't know that he is good enough to close that gap.

Without a pass rush, all he'd be doing is helping us play catch up anyway..

edit: wow, butchered that one
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chad Johnson just threw down the gaunlet on NFL Network « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools