Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: WR CLAYTON PUT ON INJURED RESERVE « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #30 : December 05, 2006, 02:45:58 PM »

IAnd as for Bryant, I guess Marinelli saw something in the big boy that Tampa did not...and considering how good Marinelli was...it makes me kind of ill...

This is just more evidence that makes me start to second guess Gruden's ability to see talent and put together the best roster to help this team compete and be successful. First, Two-Ton Toni and now Bryant, guess it is time to change the sig.  [banghead]

Losing Jackson hurt too.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #31 : December 05, 2006, 02:49:59 PM »

Why don't we bring back Edell Shepherd?   He's better than Clayton anyway and I believe he's available.

bluetick

Practice Squad

« #32 : December 05, 2006, 02:51:02 PM »

Yes, how could I forget....

Exhibit A - Toniu Fonoti G
Exhibit B - Scott Jackson OL
Exhibit C - Anthony Bryant DT

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
« #33 : December 05, 2006, 02:51:52 PM »

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse.

Why is it worse. He's done nothing from the posts here.

Better chance to look at Stovall.

Wish we hadn't brought Jones back. Another wasted roster spot.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #34 : December 05, 2006, 02:52:37 PM »

IAnd as for Bryant, I guess Marinelli saw something in the big boy that Tampa did not...and considering how good Marinelli was...it makes me kind of ill...

This is just more evidence that makes me start to second guess Gruden's ability to see talent and put together the best roster to help this team compete and be successful. First, Two-Ton Toni and now Bryant, guess it is time to change the sig.  [banghead]

You know, you guys need to chill on this little bit and mix in a little shot of reality. Rod Marinelli was an oustanding DL coach, probably the best DL coach in the game at points during his stint here. But first, he didn't start out his first season here as the best DL coach in the game. We don't know what Jethro can be for this team until he's been here a while.

Second, Rod doesn't walk on water and can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear. While he may get something out of Bryant, he's also had his share of failures along the DL as well, including Booger McFarland, James Cannida, Regan Upshaw, and Marcus Jones. Three of those guys should have been really good linemen for this team, based on how high they were drafted.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #35 : December 05, 2006, 02:53:35 PM »

Why don't we bring back Edell Shepherd?   He's better than Clayton anyway and I believe he's available.

Yeah, he's completely out of the league.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #36 : December 05, 2006, 02:56:19 PM »

This is just more evidence that makes me start to second guess Gruden's ability to see talent and put together the best roster to help this team compete and be successful. First, Two-Ton Toni and now Bryant, guess it is time to change the sig. [banghead]

You know, you guys need to chill on this little bit and mix in a little shot of reality. Rod Marinelli was an oustanding DL coach, probably the best DL coach in the game at points during his stint here. But first, he didn't start out his first season here as the best DL coach in the game. We don't know what Jethro can be for this team until he's been here a while.

Second, Rod doesn't walk on water and can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear. While he may get something out of Bryant, he's also had his share of failures along the DL as well, including Booger McFarland, James Cannida, Regan Upshaw, and Marcus Jones. Three of those guys should have been really good linemen for this team, based on how high they were drafted.

What about Ellis Wyms, DeWayne White, Greg Spires, Chartric Darby, Warren Sapp?...I am not saying anything more than Rod is a good man for the D-line, and he must have seen something solid in Bryant when he was here.  And if he winds up starting, and even producing as a gap defender, then we will wind up kicking ourselves in the butt again.  Won't be the first time, but it still stings nonetheless.

As far as Jethro goes, he is working with tissue paper right now, so I won't fault him like I do Muir, just yet.  I am not even close to judging him, because his body of work is so...unknown right now...

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #37 : December 05, 2006, 03:01:25 PM »

What about Ellis Wyms, DeWayne White, Greg Spires, Chartric Darby, Warren Sapp?...I am not saying anything more than Rod is a good man for the D-line, and he must have seen something solid in Bryant when he was here.  And if he winds up starting, and even producing as a gap defender, then we will wind up kicking ourselves in the butt again.  Won't be the first time, but it still stings nonetheless.

I understand what you're saying, I just wanted to point out that while Rod did a fantastic job and his loss is surely felt so far, he's not invincible. He didn't get much out of some very highly drafted players (first and second rounders). I can't lament losing a 6th round pick too much, and if Rod turns him into something, then great for him. But every circumstance is different. I am more concerned over wasted first and second round picks than letting a sixth rounder get signed off the practice squad.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #38 : December 05, 2006, 03:04:58 PM »

than letting a sixth rounder get signed off the practice squad.

For a team struggling to field players that can play it is tough to take.  The Bucs not keeping enough players that plays on the trenches early on in the season has come back to bite them.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #39 : December 05, 2006, 03:05:10 PM »

Why don't we bring back Edell Shepherd? He's better than Clayton anyway and I believe he's available.

Yeah, he's completely out of the league.

And he's better than what we have.   We should sign him.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
« #40 : December 05, 2006, 03:06:07 PM »

I tend to agree...I can't see the logic in bringing in Haye (although I think he has played fairly well) and moving Bryant up to the active roster.

« #41 : December 05, 2006, 03:08:18 PM »

Well...man...can we just not catch a break?  Clayton, halfway through this game, was having a return to form.

30 minutes later, he's dropping a TD.  Three days later, he's on IR.

Get well soon, Michael.

Maybe having Stovall in there will be the spark that this team needs to show something positive that we can build on in these final games.

Sometimes you just have to take a deep breath, sigh, and let go of it all...

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #42 : December 05, 2006, 03:09:56 PM »

Well...man...can we just not catch a break?  Clayton, halfway through this game, was having a return to form.

30 minutes later, he's dropping a TD.  Three days later, he's on IR.

Get well soon, Michael.

Maybe having Stovall in there will be the spark that this team needs to show something positive that we can build on in these final games.

Sometimes you just have to take a deep breath, sigh, and let go of it all...

Yeah I am interested in seeing what Stovall can do in a greater role against NFL level defenders and what he still needs to work on.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #43 : December 05, 2006, 03:10:10 PM »

What about Ellis Wyms, DeWayne White, Greg Spires, Chartric Darby, Warren Sapp?...I am not saying anything more than Rod is a good man for the D-line, and he must have seen something solid in Bryant when he was here. And if he winds up starting, and even producing as a gap defender, then we will wind up kicking ourselves in the butt again. Won't be the first time, but it still stings nonetheless.

I understand what you're saying, I just wanted to point out that while Rod did a fantastic job and his loss is surely felt so far, he's not invincible. He didn't get much out of some very highly drafted players (first and second rounders). I can't lament losing a 6th round pick too much, and if Rod turns him into something, then great for him. But every circumstance is different. I am more concerned over wasted first and second round picks than letting a sixth rounder get signed off the practice squad.
Point taken.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

« #44 : December 05, 2006, 03:17:28 PM »

This sucks, we are getting down to the nitty gritty on our offense, o line is hurt, wr hurt, blah blah

just end the season already! its painful!      im wondering how Stovall will do tho

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: WR CLAYTON PUT ON INJURED RESERVE « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools