Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: WR CLAYTON PUT ON INJURED RESERVE « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

watson

Hall of Famer
« : December 06, 2006, 05:37:14 AM »

ADW,
Just trying to understand your point. The Bucs lost Rice to IR and McInjured to a trade. They brought back Bradley, signed Haye and activated Bennett from the practice squad. Bryant was there on the squad each time that they made a roster move and they did not activate him. Considering how much trouble they have had with getting any kind of pass rush don't you think that Monte would have gotten him activated if he could help? The only player that they have lost from their training camp defensive line is McInjured to a trade and now Bryant.

Bryant would be a run-stuffer here, he's not going to generate any pass rush pressure at all. They've not really had a lot of trouble against the run lately, so activating him wouldn't help out a whole lot at this point.
DTG,
Agree with that.  What I'm trying to understand from ADW's post was how "not keeping enough guys in the trenches" at the beginning of the season has any impact on them no having Bryant on the active roster or losing him to Detroit. 

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
« #1 : December 05, 2006, 02:11:50 PM »

PewterReport.com is reporting that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have placed WR Michael Clayton on injured reserve due to the knee injury he suffered in Sunday's 20-3 loss at Pittsburgh. The Bucs re-signed WR/PR Mark Jones to take Clayton's place on the active roster.

The Detroit Lions claimed DT Anthony Bryant off Tampa Bay's practice squad on Tuesday. The Bucs filled that vacancy with former Buffalo Bills FB Jon Goldsberry

Stay tuned to PewterReport.com for more news on Clayton and the Bucs.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #2 : December 05, 2006, 02:12:47 PM »

Holy cow! Man o man, what now? Well he hasn' played well but geez.

SR was it torn ligs or what, do you know?

Baghead #2

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

« #3 : December 05, 2006, 02:14:33 PM »

Unbelievable!!

magicfan39126

Pro Bowler

« #4 : December 05, 2006, 02:15:29 PM »

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse...

Buc31

Starter

« #5 : December 05, 2006, 02:16:02 PM »

Even more reason to go after Calvin Johnson! Get well Clayton!!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #6 : December 05, 2006, 02:16:24 PM »

I knew this was coming.

How is Clayton going to dance the night away now?

And as for Bryant, I guess Marinelli saw something in the big boy that Tampa did not...and considering how good Marinelli was...it makes me kind of ill...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #7 : December 05, 2006, 02:17:22 PM »

And since I predicted he would probably be done for the year, do I get some Kronic Points?  You know, some stellar "breaking news" coolness?

Didn't think so.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #8 : December 05, 2006, 02:17:57 PM »

Boid called it.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #9 : December 05, 2006, 02:18:20 PM »

At least we get to see Stovall now!  Unless Gruden decides to put in Paris Warren...

magicfan39126

Pro Bowler

« #10 : December 05, 2006, 02:18:30 PM »

And since I predicted he would probably be done for the year, do I get some Kronic Points? You know, some stellar "breaking news" coolness?

Didn't think so.
+1

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #11 : December 05, 2006, 02:19:41 PM »

At least we get to see Stovall now!

I think that's got something to do with it.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #12 : December 05, 2006, 02:20:23 PM »

At least we get to see Stovall now!

I think that's got something to do with it.

It looks like it. 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #13 : December 05, 2006, 02:26:39 PM »

It is just a shame that the Bucs could not work Stovall in to the offense more.  Espescially given the nature of Claytons game this year.  I owuld have split duties with him around mid season, to be honest.

« #14 : December 05, 2006, 02:28:17 PM »

he sux.. i guess dropping passes hurts the knees.
  Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: WR CLAYTON PUT ON INJURED RESERVE « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools