Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: All the players hate Gruden, you dont know what I know! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 13

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

: March 19, 2008, 03:20:22 PM

Well, his team recently won their division. So that's a plus.
Big deal. A division Championship is nothing, ask Dallas.

#1 : March 19, 2008, 11:53:26 AM

Well accept for Kevin Carter...

“He’s never been happier playing football,” said Carter’s agent, Harold Lewis.  “He loves playing with Jon [Gruden], he loves the organization and he feels like he’s started something there that he wants to finish.

“He could have made substantially more.  And 99 out of 100 times, the player is going to [choose] whoever gives him the best deal.  But very few people have a chance to write their own endings.  He’ll have a chance to do that.”

#2 : March 19, 2008, 11:56:18 AM

Why is there so many players who lie about liking Jon Gruden publicly, but so many unnamed sources get all the real info from unnamed players, that everyone hates Gruden?

It seems to me that people who hate Gruden listen to what they want to listen to, and hear what they want to hear the way they want to hear it

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 19, 2008, 11:59:09 AM

Already posted.

Incidentally, every individual has different experiences and perceptions in life.  Depending where they are emotionally and spiritually will dictate if they are happy in any given job or with any given manager.

For instance several people that were happy where I work in the past are very unhappy now.  I have had managers I get on with but over time they get my back up.  It happens in every walk of life.  I am sure many of the players are happy and many are not, that is life.

#4 : March 19, 2008, 12:08:21 PM

Why are folks so insecure that they feel the need to post these types of threads daily?

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#5 : March 19, 2008, 12:09:32 PM

This is a Duemig thread in disguise.

#6 : March 19, 2008, 12:26:26 PM

I just want a response form the Gruden haters, but you guys can only respond when there is a negative post about Gruden

Come on "hate", ABF, explain to me why anyone would like Gruden. You guys are the experts, why dont you sit Kevin Carter down and have a talk with him and tell him why he's not supposed to like gruden. Because I dont think he understands you, and nobody else does either. I am just looking for a reasonable explanation why you wouldnt like gruden. and I have never got one

mjs, the football world is a completely different animal than anyone around here's job world. There really is no comparison to from a player/coach relationship to a boss/employee relationship

I would say the player/caoch relationship is much more comparable to a PFC/Sergeant relationship. Those worlds are much more similar than some regular joe schmoe's job world

#7 : March 19, 2008, 12:29:04 PM

Why are folks so insecure that they feel the need to post these types of threads daily?

Why are Gruden haters so ignorant that they could call Jon Gruden a bad coach? What a joke

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#8 : March 19, 2008, 12:39:43 PM

Why are Gruden haters so ignorant that they could call Jon Gruden a bad coach? What a joke

probably hyperbole based on the fact that a "genius" offensive coach has never had the TB offense near the top of the league?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

#9 : March 19, 2008, 12:50:08 PM

And WHO was it that proclaimed Gruden a genius?  The media did.  So, if you believe the media, then Gruden is or should be a genius.  Therefore, do you believe the media and their little fantasy world, or do you believe Kevin Carter?  Have you ever heard Jon Gruden self-proclaimate being a genius?

Selective hearing...selective listening.

At the end of the day, does it really matter which player likes or dislikes his coach?  Hell, 90% of the players on the NYG hated Tom Coughlin's guts.  Just ask Tiki Barber, whose third-hand hearsay commentary delclared it to be so.

Footnote: The NYG won the Super Bowl.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 19, 2008, 01:16:17 PM

Just ask Tiki Barber, whose third-hand hearsay commentary delclared it to be so.

Footnote: The NYG won the Super Bowl.

That is the key really.  Gruden isn't their to make friends, he is their to manage.  Good managers make tough decisions and rub people up on occasions.  I am 100% sure many Bucs players have sad bad things about him, so what.

#11 : March 19, 2008, 01:19:41 PM

the love/hate ratio for our coach is probably half & half much like it is with alot of other teams, no big deal.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 19, 2008, 01:32:04 PM

Secret man crush?

You might guess that but actually it's a ploy to drum up listeners.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#13 : March 19, 2008, 01:51:37 PM

I just want a response form the Gruden haters, but you guys can only respond when there is a negative post about Gruden

Come on "hate", ABF, explain to me why anyone would like Gruden. You guys are the experts, why dont you sit Kevin Carter down and have a talk with him and tell him why he's not supposed to like gruden. Because I dont think he understands you, and nobody else does either. I am just looking for a reasonable explanation why you wouldnt like gruden. and I have never got one

mjs, the football world is a completely different animal than anyone around here's job world. There really is no comparison to from a player/coach relationship to a boss/employee relationship

I would say the player/caoch relationship is much more comparable to a PFC/Sergeant relationship. Those worlds are much more similar than some regular joe schmoe's job world
I couldn't give a crap less why some players hate him, or some players love him. I couldn't give a crap less why some coaches hate him, or some coaches love him.

He was brought here for a reason, and that was to make this team a SuperBowl contender year after year. We paid 2 1sts and 2 2nds for a coach that was supposed to bring a good offense to an already good defense. He was supposed to come in and team up with a D-Coordinatoer that was already in place and make this team a legit contender EVERY YEAR. Kiffin has lived up to his end of the bargain, but the offenisve guru/genius hasn't lived up to his. We have won 2 NFC South titles since 2002, and both were on the coattails of the defense, and both meant nothing. One and done with a horrible offensive performance in each game. We didn't pay 2 1sts and 2 2nds for Kiffin, yet he's the one giving this team a shot every year. The golden haired, chucky faced, young prodigy has been a fraud so far. 

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 19, 2008, 01:59:09 PM

That just about sums it up ^^^^^^

Page: 1 2 3 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: All the players hate Gruden, you dont know what I know! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools