Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: All the players hate Gruden, you dont know what I know! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 19, 2008, 02:01:08 PM

That just about sums it up ^^^^^^

Poorly.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 19, 2008, 02:07:19 PM

Poorly.

So Gruden wasn't brought here to improve the offense OR has he achieved it already.

Please no excuses just answer the question.

#17 : March 19, 2008, 02:11:49 PM

I thought Gruden was brought in to get us over the hump to win a superbowl with our window closing.  That's a business decision if I ever heard one.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 19, 2008, 02:13:18 PM

The golden haired, chucky faced, young prodigy has been a fraud so far. 

Except for that whole "Super Bowl" thing.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#19 : March 19, 2008, 02:19:57 PM

Right, and only Jon Gruden could have acheived that in 2002? Any decent coach with an offensive background could have walked in here in 2002, and did what Dungy refused to do. All any coach had to do was change the offensive mindset of this team, added a hanfull of free agents like Gruden did, and won a SuperBowl. It's what he hasn't been able to do since 2002 is what he should be judged on, or else Barry Switzer and George Seifert should be equally as glorified.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 19, 2008, 02:21:28 PM

Poorly.

So Gruden wasn't brought here to improve the offense OR has he achieved it already.

I think he was brought here to get that team over the hump to a SB.  They did win a  SB right?  I'm pretty sure I wasn't dreaming about that trip to San Diego.

No excuses just answer the question.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 19, 2008, 02:22:17 PM

I thought Gruden was brought in to get us over the hump to win a superbowl with our window closing.  That's a business decision if I ever heard one.

Yeah, felt pretty cut and dry to me.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 19, 2008, 02:23:30 PM

Right, and only Jon Gruden could have acheived that in 2002? Any decent coach with an offensive background could have walked in here in 2002, and did what Dungy refused to do. All any coach had to do was change the offensive mindset of this team, added a hanfull of free agents like Gruden did, and won a SuperBowl. It's what he hasn't been able to do since 2002 is what he should be judged on, or else Barry Switzer and George Seifert should be equally as glorified.

Did you miss the part where Switzer and Sieferts teams had already won a SB or two or three?

king_frog

Hall of Famer
#23 : March 19, 2008, 02:24:08 PM

I have to agree, for being an  "offensive guru" our offense has sucked big time..I'm still waiting for him to break it out..
But wait..... There is help on the horizon, cuz we now have WD

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#24 : March 19, 2008, 02:26:33 PM

Poorly.

I think he was brought here to get that team over the hump to a SB. They did win a SB right? I'm pretty sure I wasn't dreaming about that trip to San Diego.

Oh, so he should have just retired after 2002, and waited 5 years for his enshrinement into the Hall of Fame?

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 19, 2008, 02:28:22 PM

Poorly.

I think he was brought here to get that team over the hump to a SB. They did win a SB right? I'm pretty sure I wasn't dreaming about that trip to San Diego.

Oh, so he should have just retired after 2002, and waited 5 years for his enshrinement into the Hall of Fame?

So I'll take that as you declaring defeat. 

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 19, 2008, 02:30:40 PM

Right, and only Jon Gruden could have acheived that in 2002? Any decent coach with an offensive background could have walked in here in 2002, and did what Dungy refused to do. All any coach had to do was change the offensive mindset of this team, added a hanfull of free agents like Gruden did, and won a SuperBowl.

Really? Then Dungy must REALLY suck.

So you know better than Brad Johnson who said "no Gruden, no Super Bowl". Or the leaders on defense who said that they had sort of begun to rest on their laurels and having Gruden challenge them to create all those turnovers and score points on defense was what elevated their play?

Sorry, I'll have to go with the guys who were actually there on this one.

#27 : March 19, 2008, 02:33:42 PM

I'm not sure how your opinion holds water ABuccsfan.   Gruden did exactly what ownership wanted in 2002.  We lost 4 probable starters in the deal (the picks.)  We were out of cap hell last year (2006) and somehow managed two NFC South championships between then and now with no superstars and overachieving teams.   That to me is team players, better than average coaching and some luck.  I'm never going to give a coach a free pass - especially with my beloved Bucs, but with what I see was on JG's plate, he's made me proud to be a Bucs fan thus far in his tenure (and I live in Panthers country.)  JMHO.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#28 : March 19, 2008, 02:50:47 PM

Poorly.

So I'll take that as you declaring defeat.
Defeat? Are you serious? Yup, you beat me..........I have been transformed into a Gruden jock sniffer....I have been transformed. Gruden has failed in my opinion.......end of story.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 19, 2008, 02:52:29 PM

Anyone that thinks the Glazer's master plan was bring Gruden here to "push the team over the top" and win the SB the following year is beyond stupid.  He was brought here to install and offense worthy of sharing the field with the stellar defense we already had.

I like Gruden but he has underachieved in the grand scale of things.  He isn’t alone, about 80-90% of the NFL underachieves on a regular basis.  The SB win was great and he deserves credit for it but at some point he needs to be judged on recent performances, and the excuses need to stop.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: All the players hate Gruden, you dont know what I know! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools