Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Here is how my draft board would look like « previous next »
Page: 1 2

zed

Pro Bowler

: March 20, 2008, 12:36:36 PM

Round 1
CB – Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie – playmaker with exceptional ball skills; an excellent kick returner
CB – Antoine Cason – doubles as punt returner, playmaker, and reliable tackler; top intangibles
WR – Limas Sweed – potential #1 receiver, soft hands, 4.4 speed, big playmaker
CB – Michael Jenkins – solid cornerback who is a homegrown talent
WR – Desean Jackson – dynamic returner who is spoken highly of by Jerry Rice himself as a receiver as well
DE – Philip Merling – solid all-around defensive end who can also play inside
DE – Derrick Harvey – can never have too many pass rushers

Round 2
DT – Trevor Laws – when I read about his non-stop motor, it really gets me excited
CB – Tracy Porter – great speed, with excellent hands and top ball skills; also a top punt returner
RB – Chris Johnson – 4.2 speed, great versatility, can play wide receiver, exceptional returner
WR – Devin Thomas – great timed speed, an outstanding return man, with still a lot of potential
WR – James Hardy – an excellent athlete who was a touchdown machine at Indiana
RB – Felix Jones – exceptional return man and great average per carry

Round 3
DT – Dre Moore – a workout warrior who is great value in Round 3
DT – Pat Sims – a potentially solid DT
WR – Donnie Avery – very fast and can get separation, a deep threat who will stretch the field vertically; has returned kicks and punts
WR – Lavelle Hawkins – explosive, and can be used as a returner
WR – Eddie Royal – vertical threat who can stretch the field and an excellent return man
WR – Mario Manningham – a true deep threat at wide receiver
WR – Jordy Nelson -  has soft, reliable hands; smart, hardworking and tough; a prototypical West Coast receiver
CB – Brandon Flowers – a solid cornerback who may slip due to timed speed
QB – Josh Johnson – an amazing quarterback at the DII level

Round 4
CB – Dwight Lowery – an interception machine
DE – Chris Ellis – another Dlineman with an outstanding motor
DE – Kendall Langford – a small school DE who has upside
WR – Dexter Jackson – the hero of the biggest upset in college football history

Round 5
DE – Brian Johnston – a promising DL prospect with above average size, strength and upfield explosiveness
RB – Anthony Aldredge – very fast and perhaps can be an option if we still need a returner

More or less, they're in order of my first priority.  Of course, if needs are addressed in earlier rounds, then the next position of need would be taken (based on availability of course). 

Based on this, maybe our draft could go like this:

1.  Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie or Antoine Cason
2.  Trevor Laws
3.  Donnie Avery
4.  Dwight Lowery
5.  Brian Johnston

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 20, 2008, 01:05:55 PM

give me:

1-DE Derrick Harvey
2-WR Devin Thomas
3-CB Brandon Flowers

The thing with those 3 is that, Thomas and Flowers are projected late first round picks...

zed

Pro Bowler

#2 : March 20, 2008, 04:32:26 PM

I put Pat Sims in the 3rd because he quit on the team a few years ago but I wouldn't object to picking Dre Moore there.

#3 : March 20, 2008, 01:03:17 PM

I like it alot Zed.   If it were mine I'd only add Brohm before the DE's in Round 1 or after Laws in Round 2.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 20, 2008, 12:55:28 PM

Wow that's some work.

I'm happy if I can get my top five in order. And I watch a rediculous amount of college ball.

Shoot I'm still not even solid on the top five...

Work in progress...

Jake Long
Chris Long
Matt Ryan
someone else
someone else

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

zed

Pro Bowler

#5 : March 20, 2008, 02:00:20 PM

Flowers ran a slow 40, so he may drop a little.  Sometimes, that alone would cause a prospect to drop from the late 1st to the 3rd or even 4th round.  I forgot about Brohm, but I didn't really concentrate on the quarterbacks, although I did have Josh Johnson in the 3rd round, that's if there was no one else. 

Raideneers

Starter

#6 : March 20, 2008, 02:11:09 PM

I like rounds 1 & 5 a whole lot.

zed

Pro Bowler

#7 : March 20, 2008, 04:36:41 PM

This raises an interesting question to me: do teams actually rank the ENTIRE board, or just those players who are likely to be there when they pick?  I wonder because every year it seems some guy who is supposed to go in the top 10 drops into the bottom 10, or even into the second round, and if you haven't evaluated ALL the players you might not be able to make a 15-minute decision on that guy.

So, for example, are the Bucs evaluating Glen Dorsey in the (admittedly unlikely) event that he drops to them at #20? 

If the WHOLE slate is getting ranked, then clearly the Bucs draft board wouldn't be led by Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie.
I'm sure they do, but once they get past their first pick, its basically whoever is left over with the higher grade I would suppose plus factoring out positions that were already addressed in the previous rounds.

bucfan8899

Practice Squad

#8 : March 20, 2008, 03:20:36 PM

great, call the glazers and submit ur resume for GM

Mellow

Starter

#9 : March 20, 2008, 04:16:45 PM

This raises an interesting question to me: do teams actually rank the ENTIRE board, or just those players who are likely to be there when they pick?  I wonder because every year it seems some guy who is supposed to go in the top 10 drops into the bottom 10, or even into the second round, and if you haven't evaluated ALL the players you might not be able to make a 15-minute decision on that guy.

So, for example, are the Bucs evaluating Glen Dorsey in the (admittedly unlikely) event that he drops to them at #20? 

If the WHOLE slate is getting ranked, then clearly the Bucs draft board wouldn't be led by Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 20, 2008, 04:21:14 PM

Pretty solid but both Pat Sims and Dre Moore need to be moved to the 2nd round.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#11 : March 20, 2008, 04:51:52 PM

good work bro... i enjoyed the read... and i agree with all of you wants/picks

#12 : March 20, 2008, 10:29:54 PM

After looking at some video of Eddie Royal (WR),  I think he needs to be on the list at or before Hardy in the 2nd.

M.

#13 : March 23, 2008, 05:18:43 PM

for me tis this

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#14 : March 23, 2008, 05:08:46 PM

Good work, and a good mock draft!  We could say "I would rather have this guy in this round, etc. etc."  but a VERY good draft in my opinion.  If we came away with those 5 guys, most of us would be very happy with the over-all draft.

.....just my opinion
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Here is how my draft board would look like « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools