Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Just participated in a seven round mock draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#15 : March 20, 2008, 04:11:04 PM

Thats your take. I feel we could do with out Okam an unmotivated big guy,we have that in Sims and he only cost a 6th. Devin Thomas is my favorite Wr in this draft as well,but i'm starting to think in the 1st we should consider him(Thomas),Jenkins and Merling. Would pass on Brohm all though he makes all the throws not a good fit for the Wco.

Wr has to be addressed one way or another,as we have enough aging vets and enough slow,underacheiving young Wrs. Jackson is a aging vet with inconsistent hands we have that in clayton but hes younger. With that said my draft would be as follows and I would like to know what you think Bada.

1.Phillip Merling, DE, Clemson
2.Donnie Avery, WR, Houston
3.Joe Flacco, QB, Delaware
4.Trae Williams, CB, South Florida
5.Dwight Lowery CB San Jose

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 20, 2008, 04:21:06 PM

Yucc you favor Flacco over Johnson?  If so, for what reasons?

You must be accountable for your actions!

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 20, 2008, 04:22:12 PM

well not that you asked me, but i agree with Yucc....Flacco appears to be the better prospect....

Most people rank the Qbs: Ryan, Brohm, and Flacco as the big 3...

Flacco's got about 4 inches and 20 lbs on Johnson.  Johnson is faster then Flacco, but speed isn't everything..just look at Peyton Manning and Tom Brady...

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#18 : March 20, 2008, 04:24:25 PM

are you a loser because you participated in a mock draft? is your idol mel kiper? seriously, whats wrong with you? take a step back and look at your life. you are doing mock drafts for what purpose? are you gonna fax jon gruden your results?
are you a loser because you start threads saying Ronde Barber got arrested? is the editor of the National Enquirer your idol? seriously what's wrong with you? take a step back and look at your life. You are making up rumors for what purpose? Are you going to fax Weekly World News you rumor?

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#19 : March 20, 2008, 04:24:48 PM

I feel you brother on the Wrs but the PR guys are high on Avery,and I went back to back CBs because the ST didn't suffer at all when Cox went down and that was his claim to fame (besides the DUI'S). So i think he and Sammy get booted and replaced by two younger guys with more upside. My second reason is i think Will Allen gets his walking papers this year as well with E.Wilson now in the fold i think he brings way more to the table than Allen which is shameful to Say as a OSU fan. Wilson will double as nickelback and back up freesafety.

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#20 : March 20, 2008, 04:27:22 PM

I'm not opposed to a 1st round corner. It's just that Kiffin has been able to do great things with corners drafted in later rounds. So I wonder if we use the pick on someone else at another position, and grab a corner in 2 or 3?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 20, 2008, 04:46:38 PM

Yeah, the Bucs love to draft those CB's in the first round.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 20, 2008, 05:25:47 PM

Merling in the first, trade that second and 3rd to 9ers to select devin thomas

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#23 : March 20, 2008, 09:53:53 PM

IMO, if you go CB in R1 then I would prefer Dre Moore in 2.  Or Merling in 1 and a CB in 2 or 3.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#24 : March 20, 2008, 10:05:41 PM

What bada's obsession with trading a young QB(McCown) who has all the tools and has played well given the reps he's had and been in our system for 3 years for a 5th round pick. NO cred!!!
I would agree with Merling considering options with this mock. Where was T. Laws?

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#25 : March 20, 2008, 10:07:42 PM

oops i  see Laws at 43

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#26 : March 20, 2008, 10:09:01 PM

IMO, if you go CB in R1 then I would prefer Dre Moore in 2. Or Merling in 1 and a CB in 2 or 3.

I am liking a DL pick in the first - esp if a tackle is there who could be a UT... and a CB later is fine by me -

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#27 : March 20, 2008, 09:27:30 PM

are you a loser because you participated in a mock draft? is your idol mel kiper? seriously, whats wrong with you? take a step back and look at your life. you are doing mock drafts for what purpose? are you gonna fax jon gruden your results?

Don't care too much for your style - content - tone or participation in your 5 posts to date.  Believe you have wandered to the wrong board.  Buccaneers.com seems to fit your posting style.  Have  a good evening.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 20, 2008, 10:19:48 PM

What bada's obsession with trading a young QB(McCown) who has all the tools and has played well given the reps he's had and been in our system for 3 years for a 5th round pick. NO cred!!!
I would agree with Merling considering options with this mock. Where was T. Laws?

I hope all you guys are right about McCown and he turns out to be the man...but I am not holding my breath....

We traded a 6th rounder to land Luke McCown, so by my standards, getting a 5th is an improvement.  The guy played the best football HE WILL EVER PLAY with the Bucs last year and even so, that is not that great in my opinion when you go 1-3 with significant playing time in the game. 

Maybe it's past experiences with Gradkowski and especially Simms, as to why I'm not too fond of the crowning of McCown.

But anyway if we were to draft a QB in the 1st(you know where you either land a bust or that QB of the Future everybody wants), along with our starter Garcia, and newly acquired Griese whos also been in our system for a while, I dont why we would keep McCown around.

Griese is the #2 QB.  Why would the Bucs be so worried about landing Griese, to go as far as to trade for him when knowingly he would be released, if he would be the 3rd string QB.

Regardless, I hope your right about McCown.  it would make me look foolish, but I'll take a Buccaneer Win anyday....

I just think people get their hopes up too often off of players already on the roster.  Brady and Hasselbecks are rare and will be even rarer, IMO, with improved scouting.....

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#29 : March 20, 2008, 10:30:48 PM

If you can't see the difference between McCown and Grad?  Well..........Uh, I'll take a Buc win, as well.  Keep one thing in mind, a player is like an investment, buy low, sell high.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Just participated in a seven round mock draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools