Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: New playoff system for the NFL? « previous next »
Page: 1

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

: December 05, 2006, 06:02:01 PM

If the Bucs played well enough to make it to the already existing play-offs; one wouldn't have to come up with alternate systems. ;)

#1 : December 05, 2006, 06:05:33 PM

If the Bucs played well enough to make it to the already existing play-offs; one wouldn't have to come up with alternate systems. ;)

Yeah.

*sigh*

Yeah.

#2 : December 05, 2006, 05:32:37 PM

Maybe we should have bowl games instead of a playoff...

not

Yeah, yeah!  We could use an arcance combination of media and coaches polls and a computer-calculated formula to determine who is the better team...

I wonder why no one has ever thought of this?

#3 : December 05, 2006, 03:57:34 PM

Call me selfish, but I think that we need to have a new playoff system.  Not a replacement system, just a parallel system.

The bottom 12 teams should be seeded identically to the normal playoffs, only in reverse.  The worst team would be seeded #1, the 12th worst would be #12.  The middle eight teams would be out in the cold, the top 12 would go to the "Real" NFL playoffs.

You could even determine who advances through a complicated system of "style points".  The team with lowest score would advance.

The Bucs could do well in this system.  The loss of Markle Clayton would hurt us, as we will no longer be able to count on his drops and fumbles, but Grads and Caddy could probably step it up.

Oh, yeah...don't mind me, I'm despondent.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler
#4 : December 05, 2006, 05:20:51 PM

And then what

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 05, 2006, 05:27:44 PM

Maybe we should have bowl games instead of a playoff...

not

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: New playoff system for the NFL? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools