Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are We About to Experience an Economic 9/11? Is the Sky Really About to Fall? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 38

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 22, 2008, 07:54:11 PM

Super, sure PM me his info. or send my info. to him.

joemurgia@aol.com

Thanks for the info. I am not interested in long term investing and I will be careful with how
I go about it. I am trying to pick the best minds on the subject and learn and learn and learn.

As far as gold, can you guys find me accurate info. on what happened to the price of gold/mining
stocks during the great depression years? My cursory search found that they did AMAZINGLY
well.

#31 : March 22, 2008, 10:05:45 PM

the economy sucks eggs right now, just in time for Easter!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 23, 2008, 01:32:49 AM

The online version of his newsletter is $100 a year and is cheaper if you buy a 2 or 3 years subscription.

I think my good friend Barnum said something about this once.

People who paid the $100 and listened to Celente when he recommended they buy gold in 2003, would
have doubled their money (and then some) by now. My good friend said something about people burying
their heads in the sand.

And no, that wasn't directed at any one in particular.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#33 : March 23, 2008, 03:28:58 AM

Did Barnum really say, "A fool and his money are soon parted?"  - I thought he said something about "fooling some of the people all of the time....etc".  I guess either applies in this case.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 23, 2008, 03:34:15 AM

I think I'm going to cry.

:-(

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#35 : March 23, 2008, 04:07:41 AM

I think I'm going to cry.

:-(

Hate to see you lose your shirt on get-rich-quick schemes. It already sounds like you don't have a pot to piss in. Day trading next? Buying gold and silver at their peaks?  You might have to see DTG to pay for your next PR subscription.

bouconagain

Pro Bowler
#36 : March 23, 2008, 08:46:28 AM

The online version of his newsletter is $100 a year and is cheaper if you buy a 2 or 3 years subscription.

I think my good friend Barnum said something about this once.

People who paid the $100 and listened to Celente when he recommended they buy gold in 2003, would
have doubled their money (and then some) by now. My good friend said something about people burying
their heads in the sand.

And no, that wasn't directed at any one in particular.

I'm not sure you want to go down the comparison of net worth road, my friend.

Just think about it logically - if homeslice really had a proven double-your-money type system, do you think he'd only charge $100 to give it away?  Be worth a lot more, right?  But if he's doing it out of the goodness of his heart, why wouldn't it be free?   I mean, the guy's got a proven system, so he can afford to host a site or print a newsletter, right?

Or is it more likely that he's found the price point for the easily-duped - just expensive enough to make you think you're buying something of value, not too expensive to be out of reach for the trailer park set.  And I'd be willing to wager that 90% of his customer base is making minimum wage.  Pretty sick when you think about it.

There's a reason Barnum made a lot of money.

bouconagain

Pro Bowler
#37 : March 23, 2008, 08:52:47 AM

Did Barnum really say, "A fool and his money are soon parted?"  - I thought he said something about "fooling some of the people all of the time....etc".  I guess either applies in this case.

I was actually thinking of "a sucker born every minute," though my buddy wikipedia informed me that Barnum didn't say that: a jealous competitor said it regarding Barnum's fan base.

Hey UFO, maybe I'm that jealous competitor?  And Celente would be Barnum?

Crap, what does that make you?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 23, 2008, 10:56:25 AM

I'm not sure you want to go down the comparison of net worth road, my friend.

Just think about it logically - if homeslice really had a proven double-your-money type system, do you think he'd only charge $100 to give it away?  Be worth a lot more, right?  But if he's doing it out of the goodness of his heart, why wouldn't it be free?   I mean, the guy's got a proven system, so he can afford to host a site or print a newsletter, right?

Or is it more likely that he's found the price point for the easily-duped - just expensive enough to make you think you're buying something of value, not too expensive to be out of reach for the trailer park set.  And I'd be willing to wager that 90% of his customer base is making minimum wage.  Pretty sick when you think about it.

There's a reason Barnum made a lot of money.

My friend (We're both talking like McCain now),

Celente isn't a financial forecaster. He studies trends. Some of them are financial but most are not.
He has been wrong or off on plenty of things. But his financial predictions have been pretty good.

Name a show or news show and chances are he's been on it. That's because he's good at what he
does. And who the hell are you to judge somebody else for the price they charge for their services?
You want to judge somebody go judge an athlete for making millions of dollars or judge the
owners of the sports teams for fleecing their fans for all they're worth. Supply and demand.

I've Celente his track record and I might buy a year of it. Am I expecting stock tips? No, that's not
what he does. But if you can spot a trend before it happens, you can design a business around
it and do well, if and when the trend takes hold.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#39 : March 23, 2008, 11:29:28 AM

I'm thinking about transferring all my US dollars into a EURO account.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#40 : March 23, 2008, 11:35:54 AM

I'm thinking about transferring all my US dollars into a EURO account.

Why?  Europe usually follows the US's lead, so their economies will be suffering pretty soon.  I know my friends and family in the UK are all starting to feel the pinch.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#41 : March 23, 2008, 11:36:38 AM

That would help but if the dollar tanks, all currencies would be affected. Gold and silver might be a better option.
But 99% of the people here disagree with me Java so do your own homework and see what you find. Gold and
silver may be oversold right now but if the dollar keeps falling, I think Gold and Silver will go right up again.
But do some research because I am just going by what I have read and watched.

Check out:

www.richdad.com

and click on the "Predictions," banner. The videos will play one after another. Try to stick with
it 'til the end. There's some good advice on there.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#42 : March 23, 2008, 11:46:26 AM

It is usually not a great idea to buy into something that is over sold because there is more chance of it peaking and prices dropping.  Now if you had said I moved my cash into gold or the Euro two or three months ago, I would say what a great move.

With certain stocks close to a bottom now is a good time to start investing. 

bouconagain

Pro Bowler
#43 : March 23, 2008, 01:18:28 PM

And who the hell are you to judge somebody else for the price they charge for their services?
You want to judge somebody go judge an athlete for making millions of dollars or judge the
owners of the sports teams for fleecing their fans for all they're worth. Supply and demand.

Congratulations.  I don't know where my infinitesimal speck of sympathy or concern for you being duped came from - Easter related, perhaps? - but it is gone now.

I think you should buy a 10 year subscription.  Also see if he sells any merchandise.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#44 : March 23, 2008, 01:37:41 PM

It is usually not a great idea to buy into something that is over sold because there is more chance of it peaking and prices dropping.  Now if you had said I moved my cash into gold or the Euro two or three months ago, I would say what a great move.

With certain stocks close to a bottom now is a good time to start investing. 

MJS, did you see Maria B. and the other chick on Meet the Press this morning? Decent job by the two of them.
Although I think Maria B's outlook at the end was way too rosy. The transcript and video are online.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 38
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are We About to Experience an Economic 9/11? Is the Sky Really About to Fall? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools