Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Just wanted to say thanks! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
« : March 21, 2008, 10:20:54 PM »

As some of the long time posters on the forum may know, I have been in Iraq since 2005 helping support the troops, well the time has come for me to go home an tend to my wife and ten year old son who have been battling cancer for several years. With my wife taking a turn for the worse, I wanted to thank everyone for the escape from reality that I get on a daily basis discussing football with all of you.

While I am not someone who likes my private life out there, I also did not want people asking where I was in my absence from the forum. Just know something bigger is calling and I need time to deal with it, In my own time and way. I see most of you as my extended family and figured I would let everyone know at the same time.

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

« #1 : March 21, 2008, 10:22:24 PM »

Good luck and God Speed.

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
« #2 : March 21, 2008, 10:31:08 PM »

Thanks Yucc!  And thank you for your service.  I was not aware of that.  I have already appreciated what you bring to the boards, but now I appreciate you even more for what you are doing for our country and all of us.

With your permission, I will put you, your wife and son on our family's prayer list.  I will also ask all my friends who I know also have prayer lists to put you, your wife and you son on their's.

If you feel comfortable with it, I would really like to know your name, your wife's name and your son's name so I can call them specifically before the Lord.  Maybe you would feel ok with it, or maybe you would feel better about sending me a private message with your names. 

In any event, if not, God knows who you are if I say Yucc and knows who they are if I say Yuccs's wife and Yucc's son.

God Bless!

.....just my opinion

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #3 : March 21, 2008, 10:33:33 PM »

Good luck Yucc,Family trumps all and thanks for all you've done.

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
« #4 : March 21, 2008, 10:35:44 PM »

I know I speak for the rest of us that work at Pewter Report when I say God Bless you and your family, yuccaneers. We wish you and your wife all the best. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. You are a valued member of the PewterReport.com family and you will be missed. We look forward to you joining us again in the future.

Thank you and the rest of Halliburton for supporting the troops in Iraq.

goobtube

Starter

« #5 : March 21, 2008, 10:40:31 PM »

Yucc, I appreciate what you have done for our country. My wife and I both served in the military and both recently seperated. I recently got back from Iraq as well and know the toll it takes on you being away from your family. My wife was 7 months pregnant when I left and when I returned I met my second son for the first time when he was 6 months old. I hope you have a nice reunion with your family and you will be in my families thoughts and prayers. I wish you and yours the best and thankyou for what you have done for our country. People like you are the true heroes. God Bless!

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
« #6 : March 21, 2008, 10:42:01 PM »

....and you too goobtube!  Thanks to you for your service.  You too are among our heroes!

.....just my opinion

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

« #7 : March 21, 2008, 10:44:40 PM »

I'll miss ya man... You're one hell of a football mind to discuss with and I definitely enjoy the discussions. God Bless you and your family and if you need anything over at PK tell me and I will do my best in my limited time to help you. Again man, you will be missed, and my prayers are with your family.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

« #8 : March 21, 2008, 10:45:21 PM »

yucc. our prayers are with you and your family. <3

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler

« #9 : March 21, 2008, 10:52:06 PM »

You will definately be missed on theses boards Yuc. You are a great person and you are in our prayers

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #10 : March 21, 2008, 11:17:18 PM »

Yucc...you got to drop by now and then to give us your thoughts.

And we thank you for your insights. 

Will miss you if you vanish...but bigger things calling you bro.  Take care of your business.

And drop by once in a while. 

-David

Hit-55

Starter

« #11 : March 21, 2008, 11:25:51 PM »

Our prayers are with you and your family.

Fire the cannons!!!

eyeswideshut

Second String

« #12 : March 21, 2008, 11:43:14 PM »

Thoughts and prayers. And thank you for your service.

« #13 : March 22, 2008, 12:29:29 AM »

God speed and good luck to you and your whole family yuccaneers.

Big_MAC_Buc

Starter
« #14 : March 22, 2008, 01:15:08 AM »

All the best, yucc. I salute you and your family!

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma  made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth. --Umberto Eco
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Just wanted to say thanks! « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools