Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 4th pick « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

gonzalez

Rookie

#15 : December 05, 2006, 08:24:45 PM

currently we have the 4th pick in the draft. The three teams picking ahead of us really don't need WR. Draft Calvin Jonson we need to bring some excitement to this young offense and get a weapon for our QB next year whoever it is.

TheChronic

Rookie

#16 : December 05, 2006, 08:25:50 PM

We're DEPLETED in all areas..........we can't afford a first round pick this year. trade down....We have an entire D to rebuild.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#17 : December 05, 2006, 08:28:38 PM

Disagree.

Take the three first day picks to shore up the lines.  Rookies can make an impact here.

Then with the cap money, go after some high profile guys...Lance Briggs, Nate Clements, etc...

Given next years easier schedule, the new facility, and the draft picks, there should be a boatload of new and improved talent to work with.

I am sure Gruden and Kiff will be pleased with the selections they make.

#18 : December 05, 2006, 08:29:21 PM

Disagree.

Take the three first day picks to shore up the lines. Rookies can make an impact here.

Then with the cap money, go after some high profile guys...Lance Briggs, Nate Clements, etc...

Given next years easier schedule, the new facility, and the draft picks, there should be a boatload of new and improved talent to work with.

hammer, meet nail.

TheChronic

Rookie

#19 : December 05, 2006, 08:35:57 PM

Disagree.

Take the three first day picks to shore up the lines. Rookies can make an impact here.

Lack of depth is one thing.........replacing starters is another........that is how depleted we are......on all squads.  Perhaps your not contemplating all the players that will not be here next year......You're suggesting tweaks is not going to solve the major issues........... we need to build the ranks with solid youth.......... don't get too excited about the FA money either.......it's more than we've had in a while......but it's not an impressive amount either.

On a side note.........gruden better be gone.......I don't want his hands NEAR our draft boards ever again.

#20 : December 05, 2006, 08:36:45 PM

Calvin Johnson, please.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#21 : December 05, 2006, 08:42:00 PM

Disagree.

Lack of depth is one thing.........replacing starters is another........that is how depleted we are......on all squads. Perhaps your not contemplating all the players that will not be here next year......You're suggesting tweaks is not going to solve the major issues........... we need to build the ranks with solid youth.......... don't get too excited about the FA money either.......it's more than we've had in a while......but it's not an impressive amount either.

On a side note.........gruden better be gone.......I don't want his hands NEAR our draft boards ever again.

Who is getting excited here?  You?  It isn't me.  I understand the nature of the market this year, and it is thin, and there are teams out there with more jack to spend.

But to suggest the Bucs should trade down low first round talent is absurd.  Espescially considering at about the third or fourth round marker, the whole thing is a giant crapshoot...

How in the world is gambling on higher round picks a benefit to the Bucs?  Solid youth is what I am asking for here, and that comes with three first day picks.  You honestly think that the Bucs are going to trade away a low first rounder?  You have got to be nuts.

Gruden has nothing to lose next year, he will still be spending the money, and drafting the players.

He did select a runner up to O-roy, and a Oroy in back to back years, so his draft picks in the first round are somewhat keen.  We have yet to see what Joseph can do, but it is hard to gauge a guard anyway.  But so far, he looks to be a solid choice, no one is complaining too hard about Davin.

I can't wait too see Gruden grab another guy in the first, it will be a pleasure as usual.

TheChronic

Rookie

#22 : December 05, 2006, 08:47:11 PM

"He did select a runner up to O-roy, and a Oroy in back to back years"

and has since destroyed both of them.

lest we forget..........Bruce and Jon once took a freakin kicker in round 1.

TheChronic

Rookie

#23 : December 05, 2006, 08:45:32 PM

If you were up on your bucs history.......you should know well what this team has done in round 3 and up..

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#24 : December 05, 2006, 08:48:37 PM

"He did select a runner up to O-roy, and a Oroy in back to back years"

and has since destroyed both of them.

lest we forget..........Bruce and Jon once took a freakin kicker in round 1.

Lest we forget, Al Davis drafted Janikowski.  Are you this troll like and silly? 

Bring some beef, or go home.  You are a real knucklehead with no insight at all.

But love the work Kronic-Diarhea!

blitz

Pro Bowler
#25 : December 05, 2006, 10:22:59 PM

Disagree.

Lack of depth is one thing.........replacing starters is another........that is how depleted we are......on all squads. Perhaps your not contemplating all the players that will not be here next year......You're suggesting tweaks is not going to solve the major issues........... we need to build the ranks with solid youth.......... don't get too excited about the FA money either.......it's more than we've had in a while......but it's not an impressive amount either.

Most of us could care less what  you think.    You're just another board freak who probably has never bought a ticket to a game ever.

TheChronic

Rookie

#26 : December 05, 2006, 10:23:57 PM

please die............

blitz

Pro Bowler
#27 : December 05, 2006, 10:24:54 PM

please die............

You just did. 

blitz

Pro Bowler
#28 : December 05, 2006, 10:27:48 PM

please die............

what's a matter....get kicked off the TBBB board??  Or did you just tire of abusing the whole crowd over there and wanna come here and hurt some other folks too.  It must  be sad to wake up and  to come to the realization of what a  loser you've been.   

TheChronic

Rookie

#29 : December 05, 2006, 10:36:43 PM

"hurt other folks too"

did someone get her feelings hurt by a bully at the tbbbb?

wake up kid........this is all font........talk some football, grow some nads, and have some fun.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 4th pick « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools