Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Theory on Greise trade « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

« #30 : March 24, 2008, 08:50:20 PM »

There's Plummer coming on board to play for the Bucs and there's Plummer coming on board so he can be traded to another team. Houston is getting rid of Rosenfels? Hmm. Makes you wonder.
Uh...nope. Doesn't make me wonder at all.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #31 : March 24, 2008, 09:59:22 PM »

The reason they traded for Griese is that the Bucs do not have a trustworthy veteran QB on the roster to back up Garcia, who may miss games this season due to injury. And in fact, don't be surprised to see a little more Griese than you'd expect even while Garcia is healthy.

They traded for Griese because he has had success in Gruden's offense, he knows the system, has plenty of starts, he's been to a Super Bowl, he's been to a Pro Bowl, and he has the highest single season passer rating in Buccaneers history.

They traded for Griese because Gruden learned his lesson regarding how to stock his QB position in 2006.

They traded for Griese because Gruden trusts him. He fits.

They traded for Griese because it was better and cheaper than waiting for him hit the open market.

And they traded for Griese because most sixth round picks aren't a whole lot more useful than an undrafted player you can sign off the street.

There's nothing more than that going on here, folks. Trust me on this.

You mean there is no conspiracy - what the hell kind of organization is this?  Trading for players to fill holes - what a crock.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #32 : March 24, 2008, 10:02:48 PM »

Trading for Griese takes up two roster spots (need Kenyatta Walker) actually.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #33 : March 24, 2008, 10:04:41 PM »

To tackle those who intercept passes?  I have confidence in Penn.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

« #34 : March 24, 2008, 10:31:57 PM »

I still believe the Bucs are looking at Johnson at QB. More teams are interested in him and with Williams on his side I think his stock is raising greatly. He also stated he is going to start putting on some weight as soon as he can somewhere I can't remember where. I think with added weight he might be just as good as the other QB's but better for our WCO scheme that needs a mobile QB. Hopefully he doesn't go anywhere too soon and we can pick him up in the fourth. Behind Garcia, I feel he could mesh into our offense well.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

« #35 : March 24, 2008, 10:41:43 PM »

The reason they traded for Griese is that the Bucs do not have a trustworthy veteran QB on the roster to back up Garcia, who may miss games this season due to injury. And in fact, don't be surprised to see a little more Griese than you'd expect even while Garcia is healthy.

They traded for Griese because he has had success in Gruden's offense, he knows the system, has plenty of starts, he's been to a Super Bowl, he's been to a Pro Bowl, and he has the highest single season passer rating in Buccaneers history.

They traded for Griese because Gruden learned his lesson regarding how to stock his QB position in 2006.

They traded for Griese because it was better and cheaper than waiting for him hit the open market.

And they traded for Griese because most sixth round picks aren't a whole lot more useful than an undrafted player you can sign off the street.

Then why did they release him in the first place?

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

« #36 : March 24, 2008, 10:42:55 PM »

I still believe the Bucs are looking at Johnson at QB. More teams are interested in him and with Williams on his side I think his stock is raising greatly. He also stated he is going to start putting on some weight as soon as he can somewhere I can't remember where. I think with added weight he might be just as good as the other QB's but better for our WCO scheme that needs a mobile QB. Hopefully he doesn't go anywhere too soon and we can pick him up in the fourth. Behind Garcia, I feel he could mesh into our offense well.

I hope that you are correct on that assumption.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

« #37 : March 24, 2008, 11:26:03 PM »

I hope that you are correct on that assumption.

I also just realized that it is possible for Matt Ryan to fall to us. If the Falcons decide to take a defensive player (I would have said McFadden if they didn't pick up Turner but that's still a possibility too) and the Ravens take a DB or O-Lineman. No other teams desperately need a QB. But that's a long shot. I don't think they would pass on Ryan if that happened. I still would rather see us pick up Johnson in the 3rd or 4th if we are that lucky.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

« #38 : March 25, 2008, 12:26:11 AM »

Because the FO didn't know Chris Simms was going to rupture his spleen.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #39 : March 25, 2008, 01:32:39 AM »

Because the FO didn't know Chris Simms was going to rupture his spleen.

So are you saying that they felt Simms was a better answer at QB than Griese?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #40 : March 25, 2008, 01:35:37 AM »

Griese is terrible.

I love when people say he "led" the team to 5 and oh.

The defense was the reason they won that year...they were #1.

Griese is simply a backup, and if he hits the field, oh well.  I say he stinks.  Others love him.  Why botrher arguing anymore, it is all subjective.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
« #41 : March 26, 2008, 05:41:31 PM »

Brian Griese trade theory & Luke McCown effect – it is very simple  ex-qb coach Paul Hackett was the main reason the team traded for McCown, with Hackett gone his biggest support is gone. Final year of his contract doesn’t help either, not to mention the flaws in his overall game.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Theory on Greise trade « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools