Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Felix Jones is still on the board at pick # 52 do you take him??? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

Plank

Starter

#15 : March 24, 2008, 10:15:04 PM

Isn't he the guy that only got like 8 reps on the bench? I'd have trouble spending a high pick on runningback that I could out bench. Not with the beatings those guys take/ deliver. Call me crazy...

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 24, 2008, 11:01:05 PM

I've seen him listed to go to the Bucs at 20, so he falls 32 spots and people still don't want him?

I watched Ark vs Kentucky and lsu last year and bits of other games, but every time I was looking for McFadden or folks on the other team so I can't say I kept this kid in mind at all. He returned kicks I think three years so that's a bonus.  Lots of other things in play but he sure seems like a good pick half way through the second round.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 24, 2008, 11:02:44 PM

Isn't he the guy that only got like 8 reps on the bench? I'd have trouble spending a high pick on runningback that I could out bench. Not with the beatings those guys take/ deliver. Call me crazy...

You put up 250 at least 9 times?    Nice.

Maybe you should try out for running back.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

LFO

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 25, 2008, 12:01:09 AM

The Guy outplayed McFadden the last 2 years.

Of course you take him at 52.....

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#19 : March 25, 2008, 01:37:46 AM

No you do not take him.  The BUcs sorely need players at spots other than RB, and QB.  Sorry to break it to you fellas.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#20 : March 25, 2008, 02:36:12 AM

How much does Dunn have left in the tank and how highly do you think of Bennett? Of course there's Caddy, but as a supporter of his, all I've heard from every other Buc fan is that his career with us is done so here's the only time that works to my advantage. Jones could come in and be a nice 1-2 punch with Graham. Probably even outproduce him once the line starts to gel.

Diehart fisherman

Starter

#21 : March 25, 2008, 05:16:04 AM

Something to look at. Felix jones in 3 years has 8 runs over 50 yards 6 of the runs where over 70 and 2 of the runs where over 80. Warrick Dunn has had 9 runs over 50 yards in 9 years. With 2 of them over 70 yards. Look up the best Rb  and see how many runs they have over 50 yards. The Bucs need players that can take the rock to the house.

Darren McFadden had 11 runs over 50 yards in three years. He carried the rock 785 times in that years. Felix Jones carried the rock 385 times in three years.

Huey Freeman

Starter
#22 : March 25, 2008, 05:34:16 AM

No you do not take him.  The BUcs sorely need players at spots other than RB, and QB.  Sorry to break it to you fellas.

Earnest Graham- career ST player who played well when pressed into action.   Does nothing exceedingly well, but is a guy who can hit the hole and move the chains.  He is solid in the passing game (receiver, protection), but is not much of a threat and does not create match up problems.  Started to break down towards the end of the season due to over-work.  Not a workhorse, but a guy who can be productive with 15-20 touches a game. 

Warrick Dunn-  1, 2 years maybe?  Role player. 

Carnell Williams-  Won't be ready this season, if ever.

Michael Bennett- 4 teams in 4 years.  At this point, a journeyman who can be effective in space. 

Adding a playmaker at RB is a pretty important need spot, I would say.  If the Bucs could land an elite talent like Stewart at 20, that would be a steal.  I'm not sold on Jones, but his special teams value alone makes him a good pick in the second round.  I highly doubt he will make it out of the top of the 2nd. 

OldBloodandBucs

Starter

#23 : March 25, 2008, 06:40:24 AM

I agree with this thinking. That's why I never post, as Boid Fink does it for me.

#24 : March 25, 2008, 07:15:42 AM

No you do not take him. The BUcs sorely need players at spots other than RB, and QB. Sorry to break it to you fellas.

Funny thing is boid there will be people here furious that we didnt take ANOTHER QB and throw away a 20

Diehart fisherman

Starter

#25 : March 25, 2008, 08:16:37 AM

Jonathan Stewart had 4 runs over 50 yards in three years. He carried the rock 416 times. Rashard Mendenhall had 5 runs over 50 yards in three years. He carried the rock 388 times. Chris Johnson had 4 runs over 50 yards in four years. He carried the rock 624 times.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#26 : March 25, 2008, 08:22:06 AM

I agree with this thinking. That's why I never post, as Boid Fink does it for me.

i with you guys.  i do understand the possible need for a RB, and it really wouldnt bother me at 52 to get jones, but i think there are other areas of greater concern.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#27 : March 25, 2008, 01:51:35 PM

felix jones, from the sounds of it, resembles jerious norwood - would you grab norwood at #52?

goobtube

Starter

#28 : March 25, 2008, 02:18:09 PM

not really a need but would be good value, don't think he drops that far though.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 25, 2008, 03:21:13 PM

Apparently Lovie Smith had breakfast this morning with Darren McFadden and Felix Jones. While McFadden likely will be long gone by the time the Bears are up, Jones could be a potential choice. Guys on Chicago radio are saying Benson's days may be numbered with the Bears.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Felix Jones is still on the board at pick # 52 do you take him??? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools