Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Relax Ladies...Sometimes you step back to spring forward! Also my mock offseason « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Grudens_Flame

Second String

: December 06, 2006, 01:15:29 PM

Wow, it's been a long time since I've posted anything on here...I'm formerly known as Grudens_Fire (who forgot his password) :-

Anyway just wanted to stop in and give you my take on how things are going for the Bucs. First and foremost, this season sucks and I'll make no excuses for Gruden, The aging D, Terrible hands from the WR's, suspect O-line, or anything else. I can't stand to see my team floundering in mediocrity with the schlubs of the NFL, I say that because I don't think that's who we are...where we are?Yes! But not who we are. I think going into this next off-season and season Gruden & Allen will make or break themselves as Coach & GM...and I'll explain that in more detail as I address the topics I plan to cover.

So let's address some of the rallying cries of the posters on this board.

Issue: Wanting Gruden Fired :o

My Take: Why? Assuming we went on the opinions of Madden's finest GM's who post here we could simply fire Gruden and outbid another team for the services of their coach...yea, we could offer Billichek (spelling?) more money and there is a chance we’ll get the box to pop up and it will say "congratulations Billy Boy has accepted your offer...oh, wait this is the real world! [banghead] Let me ask you this question as it is the season for coaching address changes in the college ranks and will soon be in the NFL as well, if Jonny Boy was a street free agent coach who do you think would be the # 1 coaching candidate on every single list of prospective coaches?  ;)See my point? If not then name a better available coach and why you feel that way.

My Conclusion: He's the best man for the job...period!

Issue: M-80 sucking donkey balls

My Take: Let's be be real here over 50% of all 1st round recievers end up sucking, so let's look at some over the last 5 years starting in '05.

Busts - '01 8th pick David Terrel, 15th pick Rod Gardener, 25th pick Freddie Mitchell...'02 Draft - 19th pick Ashlie Lelie...'03 Draft - 2nd pick Charles Rogers, 17th pick Bryant Johnson (who some are touting as a savior for us)...'04 Draft - 9th pick Reggie Williams, 29th pick Michael Jenkins,  31st pick Rashan Woods...'05 Draft - 7th pick Troy Williamson (more undecided), 10th pick Mike Williams,  27th pick Roddy White.

'04 Draft 15th Pick - Mike Clayton - I would truly say he fits right in the middle as being undecided

Ballers- '01 16th pick Santana Moss, 30th pick Reggie Wayne...'02 Draft -  13th pick Donte Stallworth (could go either way), 13th pick Javon Walker...'03 Draft - 3rd pick Andre Johnson...'04 Draft - 2nd pick Larry Fitz, 7th pick Roy Williams, 13th pick Lee Evans...'05 Draft - 3rd pick Braylon Edwards, 21st pick Matt Jones, 22nd pick Mark Clayton.

My Take and Conclusion: If he is a bust it's not the end of the world...many teams have rolled the dice on WR's and got snake eyes. If he can pick up the pieces next year then great, if not we move and look elsewhere...let's not forget we stole Stovall last year...we also have Jazzy...and a couple aging but serviceable vets in Galloway and Hiliard...this is not a huge area of concern for me. I say we snag a burner between rounds 2-5 and roll with Joey - Stovall - (maybe) Clayton - New Burner - (maybe) Ike - Jazz...Added note; if we could trade our 2 late second and another of next year's 2nds or this year's 3rd to trade up and snag Teg Ginn Jr., I would do it at all cost if I'm the Bucs.

Issue: O-line suckage

My take: I see 4 of 5 under 26 and decent play from all...this is not an area of concern for me...we just need to be patient and wait for the young unit to click...we've all complained about old stop gaps and players who run on flat tires, well we now have a big young line who is only going to get better...so STFU!

Conclusion: Patience is a virtue

Issue: Terrible Season

My Take: We as a team suck donkey balls this year and I have a hard time even getting excited for games but Lo "I am a fan". I love this team and I'll ride with it through the tough times...I'm optimistic to the point where I can now appreciate success even more in the coming seasons because I've felt the sting of sucking...and I can truly respect the fans of this team because they are unwilling to accept failure and that's what I'm all about.

Conclusion: Well we will have a top 5 pick and this is a good year to be that high with a solid core top 10 players.

Issue: Upcoming Free Agency and Draft

My Take: We will finally have some bucks to spend this off-season (which Allen & Gruden have never had here), we'll be able to stroll free agents through our state of the art training facility, we have no state tax that pulls millions from players paychecks (which obviously increases our appeal to FA's), and we're actually going to be one of the younger more talented teams next year. In the draft we could very well gain extra picks from Rice, Kelly, Simms, and maybe Quarles which could potentially give us more 2nd or 3rd rounders. I think this FO can work some magic on draft day with at least one of those for players.

Conclusion: I see a few splash FA signings and some serious players out of the draft.

My off-season if this were my team

FA Targets
QB- Schaub(Star in the making), Simms ( I see us either Transition tagging him or maybe franchising him - We will have 30 mil)

RB- Ladell Betts (solid player, good KR as well), Najeh "poop in a closet" Davenport (strong runner = short yardage if A-train leaves), Marcell Ship (quality talent stuck behind either a terrible o-line or Edge in AZ)

WR "Possesion=Clayton Replacement"- Tyrone Calico, Kelly Washington, Travis Taylor, Bobby Engram, Ernest Wilford, Bryant Johnson

WR "Burners=Galloway Replacements"- Kevin Curtis (if there is a football God), Shawn McDonald, Patrick Crayton, Andre' Davis

TE- D. Grahm (again if there is a football God...he is a beast, 6th o-lineman, great receiver, still young)

OT- Mike Gandy

OG/C- Eric Steinbach, Floyd Womack, Vincent Manuwai

DE- Justin Smith (good player could thrive here), Cory Redding,    (Freeny =Dream) 8)

DT- Chad Lavalais(UT), Terdell Sands(NT)

LB- Cato June, Adalius Thomas, Kawika Mitchel (USF)

CB- Asante Samuel (at any cost), Jordan Babineaux, Jason David, Nick Harper

S- Ken Hamlin, Deon Grant, Michael Lewis

Attitude reflects leadership, Captain.  - Julius (Remember the Titans)

#1 : December 06, 2006, 01:18:57 PM

That mock draft was horrible, alot of the guys we drafted we R1 players.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#2 : December 06, 2006, 01:26:07 PM

Griffin is a 1st round prospect, actually almost all the people in your mock draft are 1st round possibilites, no way buster davis falls that far

I do hope we take Brian Leonard tho, like in the 3rd or 4th, i think he would be a good asset to this team

Grudens_Flame

Second String

#3 : December 06, 2006, 01:33:36 PM

OK so I didn't do that much research on the stinkin' draft...but hey might as well shoot big if it's fantasy land.

magicfan39126

Pro Bowler

#4 : December 06, 2006, 01:36:59 PM

You do know that we aren't the only team in the draft, right?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 06, 2006, 01:40:48 PM

.Brian Leonard in the fourth?

C'mon now...

The man isn't that bad now ;)

Leonard is gone by the third round!

Grudens_Flame

Second String

#6 : December 06, 2006, 01:42:31 PM

C'mon now...

Even the good FB's drop to the 4th and later in most drafts.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 06, 2006, 01:45:57 PM

Enjoyed the post Gruden's Flame (who forgot his password, LMAO) Agree we will not get the opportunity at some of your draft choices, and yes I do wish we were the only ones drafting.  Good to see you back my friend.  Nice to read something with thought in it.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Booger

Starter

#8 : December 06, 2006, 01:47:42 PM

Gruden is the best man for the job = I agree 100%

You seem to recognize our numerous holes to fill, but are willing to abandon ship in hopes of grabbing Ted Ginn.  Three or four first day picks for him seems like too much.

I agree on the OL, but would jump all over Joe Thomas given the opportunity.  Anthony Davis would make one heck of a backup at OT/OG.

I like some of your FA targets, but would not pay the price that it would take to get guys like Schaub, Smith, Thomas, Samuel, etc.  One guy I would really like is Cato June, but admit that we would likely have to overpay to get him.

I hope that Gruden/Allen dont overreact and bring in high-priced help.  A piece or two on D, a veteran QB to back-up Grads, and some low-priced depth here and there would be fine.  Unload Simeon's big ticket, build through the draft, and position ourselves with some cap flexibility for years to come.

#9 : December 06, 2006, 01:48:41 PM

OK so I didn't do that much research on the stinkin' draft...but hey might as well shoot big if it's fantasy land.

Yeah, I liked your thoughtful assessment on the whole thing, even though I don't necessarily agree.  Your approach was pretty levelheaded.

Grudens_Flame

Second String

#10 : December 06, 2006, 02:03:39 PM

Gruden is the best man for the job = I agree 100%

You seem to recognize our numerous holes to fill, but are willing to abandon ship in hopes of grabbing Ted Ginn.  Three or four first day picks for him seems like too much.

I agree on the OL, but would jump all over Joe Thomas given the opportunity.  Anthony Davis would make one heck of a backup at OT/OG.

I like some of your FA targets, but would not pay the price that it would take to get guys like Schaub, Smith, Thomas, Samuel, etc.  One guy I would really like is Cato June, but admit that we would likely have to overpay to get him.

I hope that Gruden/Allen dont overreact and bring in high-priced help.  A piece or two on D, a veteran QB to back-up Grads, and some low-priced depth here and there would be fine.  Unload Simeon's big ticket, build through the draft, and position ourselves with some cap flexibility for years to come.

If I didn't make it clear I apologize...I was saying Give up this year's 2nd and next years 2nd or 3rd...I realize it's a stretch but if he fell to 20 it would be a worthwhile investment. We would get Teddy and the team we trade with only drops 12 spots in the draft and gets a pick next year. Also, I would hope not to take Ginn and CJ...so if there was a way to get Ginn I would go with Adams in the 1st.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 06, 2006, 02:18:27 PM

C'mon now...

Even the good FB's drop to the 4th and later in most drafts.
This run blocking missile with soft hands and a nose for short yardage, that CAN break the long runs with more than adequate speed is NOT going to slip to the fourth.  I would be bewildered if he went as deep as the third.  His position doesn't bely his usefullness in an offense.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#12 : December 06, 2006, 02:21:56 PM

Up till I got to the draft part, I thought it was a good read.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Grudens_Flame

Second String

#13 : December 06, 2006, 02:26:45 PM

Alright my draft is now offically a suck bomb...so I will remove it!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#14 : December 06, 2006, 02:27:49 PM

Alright my draft is now offically a suck bomb...so I will remove it!
LOL!

Keep posting though dude!

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Relax Ladies...Sometimes you step back to spring forward! Also my mock offseason « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools