Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: On defense, we know it's Ronde... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« : December 06, 2006, 02:27:04 PM »

But who is the offensive MVP so far?

My vote is for Galloway right now.

Granted their are four games left, but Joey seems to be the only guy who can make something happen, and that is by use of his one dimension.

It is amazing to think a man that is 35 can still outrace DBs a generation younger than he, and do so with ease.  He has put up decent numbers given the O's condition.

Tip O' the hat to ya!

So who is your O MVP, and why ???

« #1 : December 06, 2006, 02:31:57 PM »

But who is the offensive MVP so far?

My vote is for Galloway right now.

Granted their are four games left, but Joey seems to be the only guy who can make something happen, and that is by use of his one dimension.

It is amazing to think a man that is 35 can still outrace DBs a generation younger than he, and do so with ease.  He has put up decent numbers given the O's condition.

Tip O' the hat to ya!

So who is your O MVP, and why ???

It's Galloway, with Alex Smith a distant second.

After that...maybe Davin Joseph.  I have no idea who else is playing well.  Maybe Hilliard.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #2 : December 06, 2006, 02:36:21 PM »

I think it's Davin Joseph. Love Galloway and obviously an MVP should be the scoring threat but Davin's play has been impressive. IMVHO.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #3 : December 06, 2006, 02:40:44 PM »

I think it's Davin Joseph. Love Galloway and obviously an MVP should be the scoring threat but Davin's play has been impressive. IMVHO.
I think it is hard for me to gauge Davin, because I seldom stare at him after the snap.  I have to force myself to do it.  But watching him tells me that he isn't a weak link on that unit, nor a draft pick ill spent. 

« #4 : December 06, 2006, 02:43:07 PM »

I think it is hard for me to gauge Davin, because I seldom stare at him after the snap.  I have to force myself to do it.  But watching him tells me that he isn't a weak link on that unit, nor a draft pick ill spent. 
I think he's gonna be a monster.  But...as you allude to...you need to have quality players around an o-lineman to have them be recognized for their play.

TEAMCALI

Starter

« #5 : December 06, 2006, 02:48:02 PM »

For the O  .. I would say it has been galloway... It's amazing how he can still get seperation. I just wish ol grad had a vet arm that could get the ball down field.  !
GO BUCS

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #6 : December 06, 2006, 02:48:34 PM »

I think it is hard for me to gauge Davin, because I seldom stare at him after the snap. I have to force myself to do it. But watching him tells me that he isn't a weak link on that unit, nor a draft pick ill spent.

Davin has been less than impressive, and much less than advertised.  Not to say he doesn't have a high ceiling, and hopefully will develop into a future pro-bowler, but he's not there yet.  He's shown some flashes, but is very inconsistent and so far reminds me of Cosey Coleman.  What's especially disappointing is his lack of push in short yardage situations.  Hopefully he will improve after a solid offseason of training and recovery.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #7 : December 06, 2006, 02:50:47 PM »

I think it is hard for me to gauge Davin, because I seldom stare at him after the snap. I have to force myself to do it. But watching him tells me that he isn't a weak link on that unit, nor a draft pick ill spent.

I record every game and watch most of the defensive and offensive plays a few times over. Davin's footwork, balance, and hands are some of the best I've seen in a long time. He's a rock, stays low, and is just damn good. His fundementals are excellent.

Trueblood looks awful on some plays, and decent on other. The tackle position is by far the strong point of the line. The tackles are another. Hopefully the Bucs can replace A Davis and look for Trueblood to improve his fundemnetals. The line is actually coming around. It's tough to see now but it's getting there.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #8 : December 06, 2006, 02:51:25 PM »

Davin has been less than impressive, and much less than advertised.  Not to say he doesn't have a high ceiling, and hopefully will develop into a future pro-bowler, but he's not there yet.  He's shown some flashes, but is very inconsistent and so far reminds me of Cosey Coleman.  What's especially disappointing is his lack of push in short yardage situations.  Hopefully he will improve after a solid offseason of training and recovery.

I respectfully disagree.

« #9 : December 06, 2006, 02:51:58 PM »

Davin has been less than impressive, and much less than advertised.  Not to say he doesn't have a high ceiling, and hopefully will develop into a future pro-bowler, but he's not there yet.  He's shown some flashes, but is very inconsistent and so far reminds me of Cosey Coleman.  What's especially disappointing is his lack of push in short yardage situations.  Hopefully he will improve after a solid offseason of training and recovery.

I'm not watching him every down...but this is not what I've seen.  I see his problams being more mental at this point rather than physical.  Physically, I see him pushing people around, but mentally I see him occasionally missing assignments.

« #10 : December 06, 2006, 02:54:08 PM »

Trueblood looks awful on some plays, and decent on other. The tackle position is by far the strong point of the line. The tackles are another. Hopefully the Bucs can replace A Davis and look for Trueblood to improve his fundemnetals. The line is actually coming around. It's tough to see now but it's getting there.

Could you clarify this?  I think you mistyped, but I'm confused...  ;)

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #11 : December 06, 2006, 02:54:18 PM »

I record every game and watch most of the defensive and offensive plays a few times over. Davin's footwork, balance, and hands are some of the best I've seen in a long time. He's a rock, stays low, and is just damn good. His fundementals are excellent.

So you say Davin is the MVP of the offense?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #12 : December 06, 2006, 02:55:01 PM »

Trueblood looks awful on some plays, and decent on other. The guard position is by far the strong point of the line. The tackles are another. Hopefully the Bucs can replace A Davis and look for Trueblood to improve his fundamentals. The line is actually coming around. It's tough to see now but it's getting there.

He meant GUARDS are the strength of the line play...

« #13 : December 06, 2006, 02:55:52 PM »

Trueblood looks awful on some plays, and decent on other. The guard position is by far the strong point of the line. The tackles are another. Hopefully the Bucs can replace A Davis and look for Trueblood to improve his fundamentals. The line is actually coming around. It's tough to see now but it's getting there.

He meant GUARDS are the strength of the line play...
Ah, ok...  I'm better now, thanks...  :)

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #14 : December 06, 2006, 02:57:55 PM »

So you say Davin is the MVP of the offense?

yes as crazy as that may sound. He's a really, really good player and will only get better.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: On defense, we know it's Ronde... « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools