Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: On defense, we know it's Ronde... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #15 : December 06, 2006, 03:05:35 PM »

There is no offensive MVP. Can we vote that way?

I mean your offense MVP should not be a non-factor like Galloway's been in any number of games this year (he was blanked twice for example and just not done anything in other like Sunday). I can't think of anyone I'd really give this too.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

defntlydiffrnt

Starter

« #16 : December 06, 2006, 03:11:33 PM »

Galloway?!  You mean the same Galloway that's dropped MORE passes than Michael Clayton????  That Galloway?  That's some funny poo.

Davin Joseph gets best offense MVP with no wide receiver even in the same area.  As bad as our offensive line is...it's still better than our WR corps.  Well, Ike could get an honorable mention but barely.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #17 : December 06, 2006, 03:15:35 PM »

There is no offensive MVP. Can we vote that way?

I mean your offense MVP should not be a non-factor like Galloway's been in any number of games this year (he was blanked twice for example and just not done anything in other like Sunday). I can't think of anyone I'd really give this too.
TADA!

That was the whole point.  It is that hard top look for an O-MVP this year.

Galloway?! You mean the same Galloway that's dropped MORE passes than Michael Clayton???? That Galloway? That's some funny poo.

Davin Joseph gets best offense MVP with no wide receiver even in the same area. As bad as our offensive line is...it's still better than our WR corps. Well, Ike could get an honorable mention but barely.
Yes.  That Galloway...is there another?  The guy who made some noise, the guy who stretched the safeties, the guy who could have, on the same note, MORE TDs if not for poorly thrown passes.  Yes, THAT Galloway.  To put him in the same boat with Clayton is foolish, IMVHO.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #18 : December 06, 2006, 03:17:00 PM »

I love Galloway. Sure he alligators it sometimes but only impacts this offense in a positive by the things mentioned by Boid. He's a force that has to be accounted for.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #19 : December 06, 2006, 03:19:23 PM »

Davin Joseph gets best offense MVP with no wide receiver even in the same area.  As bad as our offensive line is...it's still better than our WR corps.  Well, Ike could get an honorable mention but barely.

Offensive line is 26th in the league. They're not any good. We run 10% of our plays behind Davin and far more over the the left even when Mahan is over there and do most of our dmaage up the middle with Wade. That should tell you something about the way we attack - either that or the coaches are totally out of touch with reality.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

defntlydiffrnt

Starter

« #20 : December 06, 2006, 03:19:52 PM »

Clayton and Galloway are equal, despite what you may think.  This year Clayton and Galloway are equally ineffective.  Both of them drop passes - it just so happens that because Galloway stretches the safeties - drops more important passes to our scoring.  Equal.  They both suck.

It's pretty sad when Ike has a better catching percentage and he was the one everyone talked trash about.  The same Ike that I met and he was very concerned about keeping his job - but has been the most reliable.  

Fact is, our WR corps despite the love-fest for Galloway.  

defntlydiffrnt

Starter

« #21 : December 06, 2006, 03:20:31 PM »

Davin Joseph gets best offense MVP with no wide receiver even in the same area. As bad as our offensive line is...it's still better than our WR corps. Well, Ike could get an honorable mention but barely.

Offensive line is 26th in the league. They're not any good. We run 10% of our plays behind Davin and far more over the the left even when Mahan is over there and do most of our dmaage up the middle with Wade. That should tell you something about the way we attack - either that or the coaches are totally out of touch with reality.

That's my point exactly.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #22 : December 06, 2006, 03:21:13 PM »

I think it's Davin Joseph. Love Galloway and obviously an MVP should be the scoring threat but Davin's play has been impressive. IMVHO.
I think it is hard for me to gauge Davin, because I seldom stare at him after the snap. I have to force myself to do it. But watching him tells me that he isn't a weak link on that unit, nor a draft pick ill spent.

Davin has been less than impressive, and much less than advertised. Not to say he doesn't have a high ceiling, and hopefully will develop into a future pro-bowler, but he's not there yet. He's shown some flashes, but is very inconsistent and so far reminds me of Cosey Coleman. What's especially disappointing is his lack of push in short yardage situations. Hopefully he will improve after a solid offseason of training and recovery.

I respectfully disagree.

I'm sure you're not the only one.  But IMO Davin has not made the impact I was expecting.  Compare his performance to Logan Mankins as a rookie, or hell even Buenning, and he's not living up to (my) expectations.  Again, maybe the injury is lingering and after a solid offseason he will come in and tear it up.  I believe he has a high ceiling and I hope he gets there soon.  But he hasn't been consistent enough (IMO, again) for offensive MVP.

defntlydiffrnt

Starter

« #23 : December 06, 2006, 03:23:28 PM »

The worst part is 2 of my favorite players are Galloway and Clayton.  I hate seeing either of them doing so poorly this year with the easy catches.  Come on!  If it hits your hands or your jersey numbers, you gotta catch that ball!!!  Both of them suck this year.  Both of them have made me pull my freakin hair out and I don't have much left.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #24 : December 06, 2006, 03:24:06 PM »

Clayton and Galloway are equal, despite what you may think.  This year Clayton and Galloway are equally ineffective.  Both of them drop passes - it just so happens that because Galloway stretches the safeties - drops more important passes to our scoring.  Equal.  They both suck.

It's pretty sad when Ike has a better catching percentage and he was the one everyone talked trash about.  The same Ike that I met and he was very concerned about keeping his job - but has been the most reliable.  

Fact is, our WR corps despite the love-fest for Galloway.  
Reliability < production.

Who has better numbers than Galloway on offense?

nd how good is our run game again?

Galloway is MY mvp, may not be yours, but he is the only speck if light in a dark corridor.  Yeah, and Galloway drops passes.  And yeah, Clayton drops passes.  But Clayton and his whopping 29 yard per game average, his 3 YAC average, and his inability to make a a significant difference from contest to contest is way below the standards set by a 35 year old, TD grabbing field stretcher.  

Clayton could have been replaced by Stove and there would have been no drop off in O-output.  Take Joey out, and there goes your offense...

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #25 : December 06, 2006, 03:25:43 PM »

I'm sure you're not the only one.  But IMO Davin has not made the impact I was expecting.  Compare his performance to Logan Mankins as a rookie, or hell even Buenning, and he's not living up to (my) expectations.  Again, maybe the injury is lingering and after a solid offseason he will come in and tear it up.  I believe he has a high ceiling and I hope he gets there soon.  But he hasn't been consistent enough (IMO, again) for offensive MVP.

I respect your opinion B.

defntlydiffrnt

Starter

« #26 : December 06, 2006, 03:27:54 PM »

...Take Joey out, and there goes your offense...

What offense?  You mean the offense that has been outscored 130-40???  There is no offense and there is no scoring b/c our WR suck.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #27 : December 06, 2006, 03:29:36 PM »

...Take Joey out, and there goes your offense...

What offense?  You mean the offense that has been outscored 130-40???  There is no offense and there is no scoring b/c our WR suck.
And now add up how many grabs he has made, and consider it sold.  I am not saying Galloway tore it up.  I am saying that he the the O's MVP.  Without him, the Bucs have 14 points, or less...

We all know the offense is horrid.  It is who is the key in the chaos?

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #28 : December 06, 2006, 03:33:08 PM »

I can't think of how anyone could possibly argue how important Galloway is to this offense, but low and behold.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

« #29 : December 06, 2006, 03:49:32 PM »

I would have to say Galloway or Joseph, everybody else has kinda sucked, if Caddy scored more than 1 TD this year i would say him, but he only scored once so ya

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: On defense, we know it's Ronde... « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools