Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 1 Player - Draft & Free Agency who could help us turn it around on the spot? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Grudens_Flame

Second String

: December 06, 2006, 03:02:58 PM

Free Agency - Asante Samuel...he is a shutdown corner at 25 and is only going to get better. Kelly is likely gone and Barber is suspect in 1 on 1 man coverage and with more and more teams using the Tampa 2 teams are getting better at beating it. That's why I think we need a guy with speed, 1 on 1 skills, has soft hands, and his career ahead of him...Samuel fits the bill.

Draft - Ted Ginn Jr...I wouldn't mind seeing the Bucs trade down or up to snag this all world PR/KR Receiver. He would instantly provide an heir to Galloway's throne as a deep threat and be the best KR/PR this town has ever seen. I have watched numerous clips of this dude with like 15 feet on defenders on deep pass plays. He in one word is Electric.

Ginn

Attitude reflects leadership, Captain.  - Julius (Remember the Titans)

#1 : December 06, 2006, 03:04:13 PM

I would puke if we got Ginn with our first pick

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 06, 2006, 03:05:06 PM

Free Agency - Nate Clements.  The man puts people into the turf, plays solid coverage in a zone scheme, and has a nose for turnovers.

Draft - Gaines.  The Bucs desperately need D-line help.  They have proven they can win with slow, plodding wideouts inthe past, but when the D shuts down, it becomes 07 model of Bucs.  Not good.  At all.

Grudens_Flame

Second String

#3 : December 06, 2006, 03:05:51 PM

I would puke if we got Ginn with our first pick

Are you a Michigan fan in recovery?

#4 : December 06, 2006, 03:06:44 PM

Nate Clements(free agent), watched him plant a guy on his head Sunday. I haven't decided on the draft pick yet.

Grudens_Flame

Second String

#5 : December 06, 2006, 03:07:16 PM

Free Agency - Nate Clements.  The man puts people into the turf, plays solid coverage in a zone scheme, and has a nose for turnovers.

Draft - Gaines.  The Bucs desperately need D-line help.  They have proven they can win with slow, plodding wideouts inthe past, but when the D shuts down, it becomes 07 model of Bucs.  Not good.  At all.

I love your sig...where do you get those or how do you put that together?

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 06, 2006, 03:07:49 PM

- Kelly will be here.  

- Samuel is far from a shut down corner. He's a good corner with great instincts, not shut down.

- Please say no to Ginn. DL should be the first priority in this draft. There isn't really a top UT worth a top 5 pick, they come more mid first. Hoepfull trade down and grab a mid 1st and another 2nd.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 06, 2006, 03:15:29 PM

I agree but I like Clements and I can't see us taking Ginn, just don't see it.

If we were to go out and get Nate Clements, Lance Briggs and Ken Hamlin (all possiblities) and draft Gaines Adams and Marcus Thomas you would see the old defense, again!

Baghead #2

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 06, 2006, 03:20:36 PM

If we're playing fantasy land:

Dwight Freeny FA
Joe Thomas Draft

In reality swap Freeny out with some of the Smith, Allen or Grant's in FA and basically get the same effect.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 06, 2006, 03:26:38 PM

Freeny

Gaines Adams

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 06, 2006, 03:28:15 PM

Freeney will never wear Pewter, unless it is his favorite color...

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 06, 2006, 03:29:11 PM

Ted Ginn is **CENSORED**in overrated. DeSean jackson is a better player then Ginn and hes not even worth a first rd pick

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 06, 2006, 03:30:25 PM

Getting Clements is a very likely possiblity, getting Briggs, why not, he is not going to be back in chi town (we would need to move brooks though), Ken Hamlin was just a safety but there are plenty available. We could add 3 defensive starters this offseason. If we did, then draft Joe Thomas, I'm all in on that as well.

Baghead #2

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 06, 2006, 03:31:25 PM

FA- I would say Adalius Thomas.  The guy is a flat out playmaker with a huge motor, that can help energize the whole defense.

Draft- There are a few guys here, but if forced to pick one I will say Joe Thomas.

shall555

Starter

#14 : December 06, 2006, 03:32:52 PM

Adalius Thomas @ LDE. Here are his stats against the NFC South this year.
@ TB 7 tackles / 1 sack
Carolina 7 tackles / 1 sack / 1 pass defensed
@ NO 4 tackles / 1 sack / 1 pass defensed
ATL 6 tackles

He would dominate the NFC South and could give us 4-5 prime years.

Calvin Johnson WR in the draft. We need stars on offense. This kid could be Randy Moss with Larry Fitzgerald work ethic.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 1 Player - Draft & Free Agency who could help us turn it around on the spot? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools