Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 1 Player - Draft & Free Agency who could help us turn it around on the spot? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Grudens_Flame

Second String

#15 : December 06, 2006, 03:35:34 PM

Adalius Thomas @ LDE. Here are his stats against the NFC South this year.
@ TB 7 tackles / 1 sack
Carolina 7 tackles / 1 sack / 1 pass defensed
@ NO 4 tackles / 1 sack / 1 pass defensed
ATL 6 tackles

He would dominate the NFC South and could give us 4-5 prime years.

Calvin Johnson WR in the draft. We need stars on offense. This kid could be Randy Moss with Larry Fitzgerald work ethic.

That's what was said about Charles Rogers too. Hey how is he doing at the Vinnoy anyway?

Attitude reflects leadership, Captain.  - Julius (Remember the Titans)

shall555

Starter

#16 : December 06, 2006, 03:39:14 PM

That's what was said about Charles Rogers too. Hey how is he doing at the Vinnoy anyway?

Charles Rogers had a case of swollen head and giant signing bonus. Add in the 2 broken collarbones = BUST. I don't think Calvin Johnson will be a bust. I think he'll be more in the mold of Fitzgerald.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 06, 2006, 03:40:05 PM

I would put Thomas at DE as well and yes he is the sh*t. I would rather go after Briggs over Thomas though shearly because of his age 26 vs 30 by kickoff next year and we will be spending a boat load on either.

With the draft I'm all in on either Adams or Thomas depending on what we address during FA

Baghead #2

#18 : December 06, 2006, 03:41:45 PM

FA- I would say Adalius Thomas.  The guy is a flat out playmaker with a huge motor, that can help energize the whole defense.

Forgot about him... Can I change my choice? ;)

Booger

Starter

#19 : December 06, 2006, 03:46:35 PM

ummm, nobody has the ability to turn this team around on the spot.  But as far as one FA and one draft pick of my choice, I would have to go with:

FA - Dwight Freeney (very unlikely, but had to choose him)

Draft - Joe Thomas

It's all about the trenches.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#20 : December 06, 2006, 03:46:57 PM

Asante Samual would be nice, i would prefer clements, also i think briggs at LB would be a good pickup

i really hope we dont draft Ginn, we should either take Jarrett or CJ, if not that then go defense, like Gaines Adams or trade back to late 1st, pick up more picks, and have like 4 picks in the next 50 picks, thats just my opinion

#21 : December 06, 2006, 04:07:43 PM

I would puke if we got Ginn with our first pick

Are you a Michigan fan in recovery?
hell no, I hate UM, I'm a USF / FSU fan in transition.

#22 : December 06, 2006, 04:29:59 PM

Draft - Ted Ginn Jr...I wouldn't mind seeing the Bucs trade down or up to snag this all world PR/KR Receiver. He would instantly provide an heir to Galloway's throne as a deep threat and be the best KR/PR this town has ever seen. I have watched numerous clips of this dude with like 15 feet on defenders on deep pass plays.
And that is exactly the problem with Ginn. It's easy to catch the ball when you're wide open. When he gets into the NFL, it's not going to be like that anymore. Will he still be able to perform? I sure wouldn't bet a first round draft pick on it.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#23 : December 06, 2006, 05:52:21 PM

Alan Branch

Lance Briggs

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#24 : December 06, 2006, 06:20:16 PM

Alan Branch? i would rather have gaines adams, although branch is a great run stuffer, i would rather have a DE

Orangegone1

Starter

#25 : December 06, 2006, 06:27:09 PM

Is N. Clements that good to command the money he will want? I have read that he is not but I really haven't seen him play that much. Samuel is a good player but how can NE let him get away. Will the Browns let H. Fraley go if L. Bentley comes back healthy. He would be a nice pick-up at C for us. I would love to see us get R. Nelson with that latter 2nd round pick. He might have a great combine and really move up. If we could add J.Thomas and Steinbach and Buenning can get healthy, we might finally have an O-line and can gather other positions. I can't see us franchising Simms. That would cost way too much money. With all of the needs we have, upgrading the QB play has to be job 1.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#26 : December 06, 2006, 06:40:01 PM

The first player, draft or otherwise, I would go for a UT who can play in our sytem-not really someone from a 3-4.

The second player would be a DE, draft or otherwise.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Booger

Starter

#27 : December 06, 2006, 06:59:45 PM

The first player, draft or otherwise, I would go for a UT who can play in our sytem-not really someone from a 3-4.

I wonder if that McFarland out if Indy is available? He has experience as an UT in our style of D.

RedNPooter

Practice Squad

#28 : December 06, 2006, 07:52:11 PM

Free Agents: Nate Clements, Lance Briggs

Trades: Michael Clayton to Oakland for Randy Moss

Draft:
1st  Gaines Adams DE Clemson
2nd Paul Posluszny LB Penn State
2nd Reggie Nelson S Florida
3rd Marcus Thomas DT Florida

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 06, 2006, 07:54:45 PM

Free Agents: Nate Clements, Lance Briggs

Trades: Michael Clayton to Oakland for Randy Moss

Draft:
1st Gaines Adams DE Clemson
2nd Paul Posluszny LB Penn State
2nd Reggie Nelson S Florida
3rd Marcus Thomas DT Florida
Moss for Clayton?

Even the Raiduhs are not that stoopid.  LOL!

And is Nelson going to be arouind in the third?

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 1 Player - Draft & Free Agency who could help us turn it around on the spot? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools