Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 1 Player - Draft & Free Agency who could help us turn it around on the spot? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#30 : December 06, 2006, 10:23:52 PM

Alan Branch? i would rather have gaines adams, although branch is a great run stuffer, i would rather have a DE

Branch is a versatile lineman who could play anything from NT to DE.  Watch this video and see him plant the PENn State QB. 

It's rare to find someone of this size who is quick and athletic.  He certainly is an effective run stuffer but he can also get the QB.

#31 : December 06, 2006, 10:39:17 PM

Adalius Thomas @ LDE. Here are his stats against the NFC South this year.
@ TB 7 tackles / 1 sack
Carolina 7 tackles / 1 sack / 1 pass defensed
@ NO 4 tackles / 1 sack / 1 pass defensed
ATL 6 tackles

He would dominate the NFC South and could give us 4-5 prime years.

Calvin Johnson WR in the draft. We need stars on offense. This kid could be Randy Moss with Larry Fitzgerald work ethic.

That's what was said about Charles Rogers too. Hey how is he doing at the Vinnoy anyway?

Did Charles Rodgers run a 4.4?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 06, 2006, 10:53:42 PM

@ TB 7 tackles / 1 sack
ATL 6 tackles

Calvin Johnson WR in the draft. We need stars on offense. This kid could be Randy Moss with Larry Fitzgerald work ethic.

That's what was said about Charles Rogers too. Hey how is he doing at the Vinnoy anyway?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/rogers_charles

da49erfan

Starter

#33 : December 06, 2006, 11:04:26 PM

Free Agents: Nate Clements, Lance Briggs

Trades: Michael Clayton to Oakland for Randy Moss

Draft:
1st  Gaines Adams DE Clemson
2nd Paul Posluszny LB Penn State
2nd Reggie Nelson S Florida
3rd Marcus Thomas DT Florida

i would put $ on nelson being a 1st rounder.

and everyone quite saying clements, he's going to be a niner next year.........i hope desperately

as for ginn, IMO he is a peter warrick type.

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#34 : December 07, 2006, 01:38:37 AM

Lance Briggs
Gaines Adams

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#35 : December 07, 2006, 01:56:53 AM

Lance Briggs
Gaines Adams

Someone give this man a cookie. Adams and Briggs, the new Brooks and Rice. Thats the best we can hope for in the offseason as two players. I'd like a new Warren Sapp as well, but those are much harder to come by.

Sweep

Hall of Famer
#36 : December 07, 2006, 11:46:22 AM

@ TB 7 tackles / 1 sack
ATL 6 tackles

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/rogers_charles

Touche!  And that's why taking a WR in R1, even Calvin Johnson, is just too risky for my taste.

Besides, the premise of this thread is one guy who could turn things around.  Like the Bucs problems this year are primarily due to crappy WRs, LOL!  In order of who's sucked the most (and thus needs to be replaced):

DL
OL
D backs, especially safeties
QB
WR
TE
RB
Kickers

For me the biggest impact would be a stuid UT; maybe Branch, maybe FA.  Instantly makes the D-line better, the linebacker and secondary better, and takes pressure off the offense (which is young, and hopefully improving).

Its going to look to some people like a different play every time we use it, but pretty soon theyll be able to recognize it....by watching the official for the first-down signal.   -Vincent T. Lombardi

#37 : December 07, 2006, 11:51:54 AM

I Ginn really going in the first round?  I mean, he does some good stuff, but to me, he looks alot like people like Peter Warrick: great speed, return guy on a great team, but I'm not sure he translates well to the pro game.  I look at him more as a pure return guy than a WR, but you don't know.

All I'm saying is that he's far from a homerun shot.

Love Asante, though.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#38 : December 07, 2006, 11:54:06 AM

Lance Briggs
Gaines Adams

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

#39 : December 07, 2006, 11:54:20 AM

FA- Lance Briggs
Draft- Brandon Merriweather
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 1 Player - Draft & Free Agency who could help us turn it around on the spot? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools