Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lets talk in hypotheticals « previous next »
Page: 1

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: March 26, 2008, 05:49:13 PM

Hypothetically speaking the team is void of players or so it seems, while many antiquate Gruden as being an offensive master mind, could it be that the offense through his eyes has its playmakers on board and only needs a quarterback that is savvy and an offensive line that can continually hold up while protecting the quarterback and open running lanes for the running backs? 

Maybe Gruden feels Clayton, Stovall, Alex Smith, Dunn, Bennett, Galloway, Graham and a rejuvenated Bryant can put the team over the top if he can build a power house offensive line.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#1 : March 26, 2008, 05:51:07 PM

i certainly think those players can win some games, but the OL line isnt going to get much more put together.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

#2 : March 26, 2008, 05:51:55 PM

Yes and that's why this team had some success last season - Garcia was signed. And now the O has been upgraded and it should continue.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 26, 2008, 08:25:50 PM

Oh I think he's still looking for playmakers. 

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#4 : March 26, 2008, 08:33:17 PM

Hypothetically speaking the team is void of players or so it seems, while many antiquate Gruden as being an offensive master mind, could it be that the offense through his eyes has its playmakers on board and only needs a quarterback that is savvy and an offensive line that can continually hold up while protecting the quarterback and open running lanes for the running backs?

Maybe Gruden feels Clayton, Stovall, Alex Smith, Dunn, Bennett, Galloway, Graham and a rejuvenated Bryant can put the team over the top if he can build a power house offensive line.
If Gruden wins the Superbowl this season, without adding any other playmakers to this offense...I'll declare him the greatest coach to ever live, and also that I'm the one of the dumbest football fans ever with only Olafbeserker being below me.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#5 : March 26, 2008, 08:36:57 PM

If he is not looking to add playmakers he should be fired.  And if Allen is not looking for playmakers he should be fired.

Every coach on every team is looking for playmakers.  Even the ones that are fired.  

Abuccs - "If Gruden wins the Superbowl this season, without adding any other playmakers to this offense...I'll declare him the greatest coach to ever live, and also that I'm the one of the dumbest football fans ever with only Olafbeserker being below me.."   

IMVHO - while Gruden's offense could certainly use a couple of playmakers - I firmly believe it is designed to be able to get by with average talent - and superior execution of plays. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 26, 2008, 08:50:19 PM

If Gruden wins the Superbowl this season, without adding any other playmakers to this offense...I'll declare him the greatest coach to ever live, and also that I'm the one of the dumbest football fans ever with only Olafbeserker being below me.

Gotta save this post on the off chance....

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#7 : March 26, 2008, 08:51:29 PM

If he is not looking to add playmakers he should be fired.  And if Allen is not looking for playmakers he should be fired.

Every coach on every team is looking for playmakers.  Even the ones that are fired.  

Abuccs - "If Gruden wins the Superbowl this season, without adding any other playmakers to this offense...I'll declare him the greatest coach to ever live, and also that I'm the one of the dumbest football fans ever with only Olafbeserker being below me.."

IMVHO - while Gruden's offense could certainly use a couple of playmakers - I firmly believe it is designed to be able to get by with average talent - and superior execution of plays.
If that's it's design, then it will fail most of the time. With injuries and the way the ball bounces in the NFL, you can't rely on superior execution of play. You need a team who can dominate Team B, but because on Day X the QB was hurt and a WR was gimpy, so they just snuck out a win against Team B. The way the offense is now, when we have a bad day or an injury, it results in a loss to Team B, and 7 to 10 points scored.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#8 : March 27, 2008, 03:09:39 AM

Having Griese being protected by a bunch of studs is embarrasing.  The guy sucks.  I could care less about his affinity for the offense, the guy is simply not a good QB.  You watch him in the clutch and it is like butter on lobster.  And bringing in Dunn is simply a "BLAH" signing as well.  The offense needs "juice", and with all that money, they really have not made a convincing argument as to how they will fare next year.

And GArcia is a nice QB, he is tough as all hell.  But not giving him much to work with offensively is going to get GRuden fired.  Maybe BA has something on his mind...

As of now, the offense is better, but how much better?  HAaving Faine is sweet.  Having Clayton as your potential #2 is horrible. 

I dunno, I am pleased one day, pissed the next.  I think the GRiese signing is just terrible though.  I struggle with that daily. 

#9 : March 27, 2008, 03:14:35 AM

Boid, who would've been the 'juice' you wanted to bring in ?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#10 : March 27, 2008, 03:20:38 AM

Boid, who would've been the 'juice' you wanted to bring in ?
I would have made serious calls to Javon Walker, Randy Moss, Donte Stallworth, Mike Turner, Alge Crumpler...

Instead, I made a call to Antonio off the corner...now don;t get me wrong.  I like him as an athlete.  BUt I got my fingers crossed on that one.  IF he comes through like I hope he can, he is a good player.

mtn, how can you say the BUcs went after anybody with all that money?  I mean, they could have easily afforded Jerry Porter, or Randy Moss.  EASILY.

And they would have been MUCH MUCH better for it.

I mean, Ocho Stinko is still available, but I simply cannot see him in Pewter.  Why?  Because it won;t happen based on my consulting of a witch doctor with not two, but THREE chickens!

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lets talk in hypotheticals « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools