Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Clayton, can I get a little R-E-S-P-E-C-T around here « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

eyeswideshut

Second String

#15 : March 27, 2008, 01:19:37 AM

Not very cool. Gruden has killed his confidence.

Sure, Karen, it's Gruden's fault that he's got hands like toilet seats.

How does a coach give a player stone hands?
How does a runner up to ROY that caught 80 balls suddenly get stone hands?

RangerBuc

Pro Bowler
#16 : March 27, 2008, 01:35:21 AM

How does a runner up to ROY that caught 80 balls suddenly get stone hands?

Maybe he was hanging out with Moises Alou.

Pewter Spot

Pro Bowler

#17 : March 27, 2008, 02:21:33 AM

Funny that HOF's Jerry Rice, Tim Brown and Rich Gannon didn't whine under Gru...Neither did All-Pro's Bill Romanowski, Rod Woodson and Charles Woodson.

I truly believe that 80% of Buccaneer fans are dumbasses or in a Crazyworld.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#18 : March 27, 2008, 02:34:51 AM

AS long as he takes off his fur coat, stops dating ugly american idols, puts on a pair of strength shoes and straps on some drag chutes, and starts wearing receiver gloves rather than kevlar C.O. mitts, we are talking the right direction.

Of course, we all know he ain't parting with them furs, so IMO, HE SUCKS!

He is a terrible NFL wideout.  For a #2, I challenge you to find a worse #2 guy than Mike Clayton is...

Don't mention the blocking, because I could care less if the #2 on the team, a first rounder nonetheless, can really block well.  He needs to create some sep, create some yardage, and best of all, catch the damn ball!

I think Clayton is out of the NFL in about 2 years.  He stinks.

BucNative

Starter

#19 : March 27, 2008, 07:42:08 AM

I swear to God Pewter Spot I have to agree with you.  How any dumbass can blame John Gruden for Michael Clayton not playing well is beyond me.  These idiots in the Tampa fanbase haven't got a damn clue about squat.  They're stuck in "hate Gruden" mode.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#20 : March 27, 2008, 08:00:27 AM

Boid, I totally agree and his days are numbered.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

eyeswideshut

Second String

#21 : March 27, 2008, 09:47:44 AM

How do furs effect his play? A coach effects his play alot more than that & you people know if you get in Grudens dog house there is no out. He doesn't date American Idols--he's married and has 2 kids. Brain freeze in NY? How do YOU explain the drop off from 1st yr to 2nd? The coach has NO effect? He accidentally caught everything thrown at him  his rookie year? Any theories? If your theories are true then the FO totally sucked wind when they drafted him. Pick a side--either one is wrong according to you.

simmstheanswer

Starter

#22 : March 27, 2008, 10:54:57 AM

Funny that HOF's Jerry Rice, Tim Brown and Rich Gannon didn't whine under Gru...Neither did All-Pro's Bill Romanowski, Rod Woodson and Charles Woodson.

I truly believe that 80% of Buccaneer fans are dumbasses or in a Crazyworld.

who said anything about Clayton whining? i haven't once heard him complain.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#23 : March 27, 2008, 11:02:00 AM

How do furs effect his play? A coach effects his play alot more than that & you people know if you get in Grudens dog house there is no out. He doesn't date American Idols--he's married and has 2 kids. Brain freeze in NY? How do YOU explain the drop off from 1st yr to 2nd? The coach has NO effect? He accidentally caught everything thrown at him his rookie year? Any theories? If your theories are true then the FO totally sucked wind when they drafted him. Pick a side--either one is wrong according to you.

Look I was one of Clayton's biggest supporters, but you can't look squarely at his rookie season, you have to consider his entire body of work.

Two things that irritate me about Clayton following his rookie season are one, he delayed having the arthoscopic surgery until well into the offseason following his rookie year; and two, he got fat cat syndrome and didn't rehab as well as he ought have after the surgery.

The NFL is a Dynamic league in that rarely do situations stay the same. Clayton had a breakout year and great hands as a rookie, but the following year teams had more than enough tape on him to gameplan against him. His mindset following his rookie year should have been to put in as much work during the offseason to prove that he wasn't a fluke. He should have expected to be defended much more closely and he should have added more to his game. He didn't, and delaying a knee scope only did more to diminish what skill he had when he first came into the league.

Dropping balls is a result of him losing confidence in his own game. Not being able to gain seperation caused him to do more 'thinking about beating his man' than just playing lights out and when your concentration isn't on making the catch, you aren't going to make many catches. That's Clayton in a nutshell. Hopefully, he continues to show Garcia that he can be reliable and they develope a repour (sp?) during this offseason. And hopefully that leads to more catches and more TDs next season.

Hopefully. *sigh*

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#24 : March 27, 2008, 11:04:32 AM

How do furs effect his play? A coach effects his play alot more than that & you people know if you get in Grudens dog house there is no out. He doesn't date American Idols--he's married and has 2 kids. Brain freeze in NY? How do YOU explain the drop off from 1st yr to 2nd? The coach has NO effect? He accidentally caught everything thrown at him  his rookie year? Any theories? If your theories are true then the FO totally sucked wind when they drafted him. Pick a side--either one is wrong according to you.

LMAO.  What's the weather like in Clueless-ville?

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#25 : March 27, 2008, 11:06:00 AM

I hope PW shows Clayton the door.  

bodybag

Starter

#26 : March 27, 2008, 11:19:35 AM

so we trade him and simms to the vikings or packers for a 4th and 5th round picks! or maybe koren robinson...jk

RangerBuc

Pro Bowler
#27 : March 27, 2008, 11:29:04 AM

How do furs effect his play? A coach effects his play alot more than that & you people know if you get in Grudens dog house there is no out.

Call it a pet peeve, and maybe there is no such thing as grammar in Crazyworld, but the above grated on me like fingernails on a blackboard.

effect is a noun defined as follows: 1. something that is produced by an agency or cause; result; consequence: Exposure to the sun had the effect of toughening his skin.
2. power to produce results; efficacy; force; validity; influence: His protest had no effect.

affect is a verb defined as follows: 1. to act on; produce an effect or change in: Cold weather affected the crops.
2. to impress the mind or move the feelings of: The music affected him deeply

so, to fix your quote for you:
How do furs affect his play? A coach affects his play alot more than that & you people know if you get in Grudens dog house there is no out.
or alternatively:
How do furs have an effect on his play? A coach has an effect on his play alot more than that & you people know if you get in Grudens dog house there is no out.

By the way: it is "a lot", not "alot" and apostrophes show possession (i.e. Gruden's dog house)

Not normally a grammar nazi, but every once in a while something really gets under my skin.  Don't even get me started on the flawed concept of a dog house.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 27, 2008, 11:59:25 AM

Yeah,  F on first college paper for that alot  vs a lot thing.  I'm like, it's a typo, one and I get an F.  answer, yes.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#29 : March 27, 2008, 12:55:51 PM

How do furs effect his play? A coach effects his play alot more than that & you people know if you get in Grudens dog house there is no out. He doesn't date American Idols--he's married and has 2 kids. Brain freeze in NY? How do YOU explain the drop off from 1st yr to 2nd? The coach has NO effect? He accidentally caught everything thrown at him his rookie year? Any theories? If your theories are true then the FO totally sucked wind when they drafted him. Pick a side--either one is wrong according to you.
No, I am actually on the side that says Clayton sucks.  Trust me.  ASk the locals around here...they will tell you.

As for being in Gruden's doghouse, I have to laugh, because the guy is on the field playing.  Guys in doghouses don't play.  Comprende?

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Clayton, can I get a little R-E-S-P-E-C-T around here « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools