Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms skips workouts « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 16 17 18

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#255 : April 02, 2008, 01:06:21 AM

Simms is out of the Pewter.  Isn't it funny that the same poster returns over and over, the same one who coincidentally likes Simms, hates Gruden, and thinks when the Bucs win it is a losing affair anyway?

The same one who consistently reiterates the bad, old news, in an attempt to enlighten us to something we did not know already?

RangerBuc

Pro Bowler
#256 : April 02, 2008, 01:12:47 AM

He also didn't attend the QB orientations.
So? Is it different from the other 5 he's attended?

Yes
Could you elaborate?

Well, by the simple fact that an entire year, and a football season has gone by since the last one makes it different.

The fact that Garcia will be there with a year's worth of starting experience to share from his own perspective (instead of being a wide eyed student simply trying to absorb the new system like he was last year.

The Fact that Gruden never goes from year to year without adding at least something to his offense (even if it doesn't get used, or doesn't work, he is always at least trying to tweak it and make it better).

The fact that Simms might actually, maybe, possibly be recovered and actually incorporate some of what has been covered in the past two years (something that could not be said last year).

The mix of opponents for this year is different than any of the previous five (there are some commonalities, but no season is exactly the same as any other).

The fact that the Bucs have a year's worth of experience actually using the shotgun in Gruden's version of the West Coast offense (something they did not have any game film or experience with in years past).

I could go on and on, but it would be a waste.  You either understand the differences or you don't.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#257 : April 02, 2008, 09:51:48 AM

I still dont understand why Simms didn't attend all of these things. It would only make him look better and more attractive to another team. He is hurting the Bucs and himself by not attending these. They should just release him and be done with it.

RangerBuc

Pro Bowler
#258 : April 02, 2008, 10:28:57 AM

I still dont understand why Simms didn't attend all of these things. It would only make him look better and more attractive to another team.

Bingo.  His words "I'm back to 100 percent and just excited about getting back on the field again," do not match his actions - skipping orientation and workouts.

Page: 1 ... 16 17 18
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms skips workouts « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools