Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms skips workouts « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 18

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 27, 2008, 10:16:10 AM

You're right. He sucks for digging us into a hole due to his turnovers and inept play. Good point Karen.
He almost died and the field trying to win that game, you moron.

So....you don't deny that you're Karen??? ::)

MBF

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 27, 2008, 10:17:16 AM

He will be a good QB away from here,
No.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 27, 2008, 10:19:58 AM

Right. So he played ball believing he was fine. He didn't knowingly put his life on the line for the team. Had he known how serious it was, he'd have been at the hospital.

Chris Simms didn't throw himself on a grenade to save his teammates. He continued to try to do his job under the impression that his injury was not serious. Sounds like what practically all players would do.

Really idiotic post there, "hall-of-famer-with-8670+ posts".

Simms wasn't out on the field dilly-dallying around, saying "I feel FINE."

HE WAS HURTING BADLY.

Really DUMB post.

Stretchcaddy

Starter

#33 : March 27, 2008, 10:20:32 AM

What old form? Being carried to the playoffs by the D and Caddy?

I was referring to the 2005 season  when he lead us to a 7 - 4 record, and then lead us to a wild card game. Yes that team was carried by the defense but dont forget simms threw  2 TD or more in three of those games, and in one of those games he threw 3td. We have to admit simms did not play behind a good line, I would just like to see what simms  can do now with the line we have now

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 27, 2008, 10:22:13 AM

Right. So he played ball believing he was fine. He didn't knowingly put his life on the line for the team. Had he known how serious it was, he'd have been at the hospital.

Chris Simms didn't throw himself on a grenade to save his teammates. He continued to try to do his job under the impression that his injury was not serious. Sounds like what practically all players would do.

Really idiotic post there, "hall-of-famer-with-8670+ posts".

Simms wasn't out on the field dilly-dallying around, saying "I feel FINE."

HE WAS HURTING BADLY.

Really DUMB post.

Are you suggesting that they forced Simms to go back out there?   :o

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 27, 2008, 10:23:38 AM

HE WAS HURTING BADLY.

And? Players who are hurting badly play every single week. If his spleen hadn't been ruptured, his "incredible sacrifice" wouldn't even be a minor footnote.

simmstheanswer

Starter

#36 : March 27, 2008, 10:24:03 AM

He will be a good QB away from here, why do so many here get enjoymnet out of bashing players.
Immature, stupid, or both?
probably both. i love to read some of the **CENSORED** that gets said about Simms. like the earlier post about how our qb position will be better once he's gone. give me a break with the completely idiotic statements like that.

Raideneers

Starter

#37 : March 27, 2008, 10:25:46 AM

Brilliant move Chris...... Way to show other teams you are motivated and ready to compete for a job.

This smooth move diminishes his last gutsy performance for sure.

Other teams are watching so he had the opportunity to show prospective coaches that he's still a fighter and wants to compete - showcase his talent, if not for the Buccs then elsewhere.

Rolling over just looks bad no matter what the reasoning behind it is.

I didn't see any of the Glazers, Bruce Allen or Gruden out on the field when he got clobbered and burst his spleen, which leads me to another quote from the same article:

"But the Bucs believe they have value in Simms, who has earned $7.1-million in the past two seasons despite playing just three games."

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 27, 2008, 10:26:41 AM

Any Simms backers care to place a wager on him making a ProBowl or two away from here?

simmstheanswer

Starter

#39 : March 27, 2008, 10:28:16 AM

HE WAS HURTING BADLY.

And? Players who are hurting badly play every single week. If his spleen hadn't been ruptured, his "incredible sacrifice" wouldn't even be a minor footnote.

you're not completely wrong. but i know for a fact that the pain from a ruptured spleen is debilitating, and is probably a much more severe pain then most of the injuries people play through. not to mention he was dizzy, nauseous, and weak from losing pints of blood, give the guy some well deserved credit. so what if he didn't know he was dying, i'm 99% positive he knew there was something wrong.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#40 : March 27, 2008, 10:28:26 AM

I don't have any problem with the $$$ we paid him. Maybe he's trying to force the Buc's hand. This is just a sorry situation all around. For him and us.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#41 : March 27, 2008, 10:30:26 AM

I am glad Chris is trying to force the situation becuase there is no reason to keep him on the roster at this point with the trading for Griese.

If the Bucs can obtain a draft pick for Chris in a trade they shouldn't blink.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#42 : March 27, 2008, 10:32:16 AM

I agree ADW. It's time IMO to cut the string and wish him the best wherever.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#43 : March 27, 2008, 10:33:13 AM

Any Simms backers care to place a wager on him making a ProBowl or two away from here?
Why don't they just give you the money now and save the trouble?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#44 : March 27, 2008, 10:35:45 AM

you're not completely wrong.

I've played out a game with a very severely injured knee. I've played with guys who have suffered very painful injuries in-game that would have sent me out on a stretcher, yet they continued to play. Yes, it was gutsy to play hurt, but not any more gutsy than players who also suffer an injury and stay on the field. So he gets credit for playing through pain. But let's not make it seem as though he was aware that he was close to death but told doctors "NO! I won't go to the hospital, winning this game means more than my life!"
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 18
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms skips workouts « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools