Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: At the right price, would you want Grossman on the Bucs? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

gharen

Pro Bowler

: December 06, 2006, 05:43:29 PM

I know right now he looks terrible, but he has shown a lot of talent in games, mostly at the beginning of the season. I think he could be very good with a coach who works well with qb's like Gruden. Gruden could work on his fundamentals and as he gets more experienced he will learn to be more careful with the ball. He has decent mobility, which Gruden likes. I think it would be a good pickup to have him come in and batle Grads for the starting job next season. What do you think?

#1 : December 06, 2006, 05:46:27 PM

hell no, what happened to your account btw?

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 06, 2006, 05:47:08 PM

no way

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 06, 2006, 05:49:14 PM

He probably was a victim of that hack job...

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#4 : December 06, 2006, 05:50:30 PM

Gharen=Karen? 

gharen

Pro Bowler

#5 : December 06, 2006, 05:56:05 PM

Yep, JF emailed me and said someone hacked into my account. He's supposed to be able to restore my posts. naplesbuc, I think you were trying to say gharen>karen. At least I hope! How many others were affected by the hack? I was out of the loop for a few days moving and when I finally signed on I had the email from Jim.

Booger

Starter

#6 : December 06, 2006, 06:07:55 PM

I know right now he looks terrible, but he has shown a lot of talent in games, mostly at the beginning of the season. I think he could be very good with a coach who works well with qb's like Gruden. Gruden could work on his fundamentals and as he gets more experienced he will learn to be more careful with the ball. He has decent mobility, which Gruden likes. I think it would be a good pickup to have him come in and batle Grads for the starting job next season. What do you think?

Absolutely, the guy is a bit of a chucker, but always looking to make plays.  As soon as somebody can get it in his head the right time to throw the ball away instead of up for grabs, I think he will be a very good QB.

Obviously "the right price" is subjective, but how about a 3rd round pick and Michael Clayton?  I'd pay that price.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#7 : December 06, 2006, 06:19:12 PM

No way

the answer to our QB problems David Carr in 07 :)

Grudens_Flame

Second String

#8 : December 06, 2006, 06:25:15 PM

No way

the answer to our QB problems David Carr in 07 :)

No way to unsexy Rexy!

If Davis Carr becomes available I would love to see him here. He has never had even a decent O-line and still has shown some great stuff. He has a cannon arm, mobility, and heart (he still has left it all on the field for a nothing team, imagine him playing for a team w/ purpose).

Attitude reflects leadership, Captain.  - Julius (Remember the Titans)

Booger

Starter

#9 : December 06, 2006, 06:27:37 PM

Cannon arm, mobility, and heart also describe Rex Grossman.  Take away the cannon arm, and it describes Grads.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#10 : December 06, 2006, 06:31:24 PM

I live in Houston, Carr sucks! I'll give you he's played behind some bad OL's but he makes some of the worst decisions I've seen and he almost always plays the worst when it's the most crucial time. He is not a leader at all!

gone

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 06, 2006, 07:20:59 PM

Gharen=Karen? 
It's her brother.  He's a bit on the, um, "artistic" side...

;)

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

#12 : December 06, 2006, 07:31:59 PM

Absolutely, the guy is a bit of a chucker, but always looking to make plays. As soon as somebody can get it in his head the right time to throw the ball away instead of up for grabs, I think he will be a very good QB.

So he's a young Jake Plummer.

Stretchcaddy

Starter

#13 : December 06, 2006, 08:19:39 PM

nope

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#14 : December 06, 2006, 08:25:40 PM

I live in Houston, Carr sucks! I'll give you he's played behind some bad OL's but he makes some of the worst decisions I've seen and he almost always plays the worst when it's the most crucial time. He is not a leader at all!

he sucks?   almost 70% completions? more TD's than Int's, high QB rating on a crappy team?  I think Carr is a victim of that team

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: At the right price, would you want Grossman on the Bucs? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools