Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Grads ROY? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« : October 01, 2006, 11:27:24 AM »

Yeah yeah I know, it's way to early to speculate on that.  This post is more about the lack of impact rookies so far.  Where have they been?  There have been a few rookies with some big games but they seem limited to the defensive side of the ball.  Who is doing anything on offense?  Maybe I was just spoiled by Caddy last season. 

Vince Young is going to start today, but I have a feeling it is way too soon for him. 

So hey, if Grads is even nominally successful he could be in the running!  ;D

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #1 : October 01, 2006, 11:35:18 AM »

Lets see him play a couple of games before we make any judgements.

« #2 : October 01, 2006, 11:36:46 AM »

I agree with MJS, let's let him throw more than a single pass in the NFL before we go overboard...

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #3 : October 01, 2006, 11:42:54 AM »

I agree with MJS, let's let him throw more than a single pass in the NFL before we go overboard...

I think I coverd that with the words "nominally successful"  By no means am I suggesting he's really going to win it this early.  I'm just saying that even if he's only mediocre, he's got a pretty good shot.  They have to give the award to somebody don't they? 

Right now for OROY I guess you'd have to go with Colston from the Saints but that's not saying all that much. 

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #4 : October 01, 2006, 11:46:37 AM »

Yeah yeah I know, it's way to early to speculate on that. This post is more about the lack of impact rookies so far. Where have they been? There have been a few rookies with some big games but they seem limited to the defensive side of the ball. Who is doing anything on offense? Maybe I was just spoiled by Caddy last season.

Vince Young is going to start today, but I have a feeling it is way too soon for him.

So hey, if Grads is even nominally successful he could be in the running! ;D

There is plenty of OROY action shaping up.  Colston, Bush, Maroney, Jennings, Jones-Drew, Addai are all making some noise.  Vince Young starts against the Cowboys this week.  We may be seeing Leinart soon.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #5 : October 01, 2006, 11:46:45 AM »

I think I coverd that with the words "nominally successful"  By no means am I suggesting he's really going to win it this early.  I'm just saying that even if he's only mediocre, he's got a pretty good shot.  They have to give the award to somebody don't they? 

Right now for OROY I guess you'd have to go with Colston from the Saints but that's not saying all that much. 

If Grads plays out the year it may come down to the 6th rounder from Holy Toledo and the seventh rounder that sent Stallworth packing for OROY. :P 

I think Jennings may end up running away with the award though.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #6 : October 01, 2006, 11:51:38 AM »

I think I coverd that with the words "nominally successful" By no means am I suggesting he's really going to win it this early. I'm just saying that even if he's only mediocre, he's got a pretty good shot. They have to give the award to somebody don't they?

Colston is looking like the steal of the draft.

@#^%@^ Flood control   >:( >:(

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #7 : October 01, 2006, 11:52:33 AM »

I think Bush will win the OROY

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #8 : October 01, 2006, 11:53:22 AM »

There is plenty of OROY action shaping up.  Colston, Bush, Maroney, Jennings, Jones-Drew, Addai are all making some noise.  Vince Young starts against the Cowboys this week.  We may be seeing Leinart soon.

Define noise.  They are all playing well in relation to one another, but have there been spectacular rookies as of yet?  There have been no Caddies, Claytons, Boldins, etc.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #9 : October 01, 2006, 11:54:36 AM »

I think Dan Marino is the only QB to win ROY, they normally just don't play well enough to win any sort of award.

Ben Rothlisberger won it by coming in when the starter went down early on.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #10 : October 01, 2006, 12:07:52 PM »

Define noise.  They are all playing well in relation to one another, but have there been spectacular rookies as of yet?  There have been no Caddies, Claytons, Boldins, etc.

Jennings may be on his way to having a sensational year (Unless Brett is benched).

« #11 : October 01, 2006, 12:08:42 PM »

Reggie Bush has impressed me thus far, I think he will win the OROY.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #12 : October 01, 2006, 12:33:44 PM »

Reggie Bush has impressed me thus far, I think he will win the OROY.

Deuce McAllister looks vert fit and strong as well.  The McAllister/Bush combo will be hard to stop by mid-season.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
« #13 : October 01, 2006, 12:41:54 PM »

HAHAHA wat a joke of a thread.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future.” - Josh Freeman

Rusty

Hall of Famer
« #14 : October 01, 2006, 01:34:38 PM »

Unfortunalelt, I think Grads will be lucky to escape with his health and confidence.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Grads ROY? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools