Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Brohm may yet declare « previous next »
Page: 1 2

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

: December 06, 2006, 06:22:14 PM

He's backpeddled from his post game comments.  Some project him higher than Quinn.  Good fit for the Bucs and the WCO?

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061206/SPORTS02/612060577/1002/SPORTS

Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Brohm projected as high draft pick
Sporting News has U of L QB at No. 1

By Jody Demling
jdemling@courier-journal.com
The Courier-Journal

University of Louisville junior quarterback Brian Brohm said after Saturday's 48-17 victory over Connecticut that he "definitely expects" to return for his senior season.

Brohm clarified his statement Sunday, saying that he would keep his NFL options open until after the Orange Bowl.

"I'll send in the early-entry form (to the NFL to evaluate his draft status) to see what comes back and where I stand," Brohm said.

And if early mock drafts are accurate, the former Trinity High School All-American might feel a real blitz from the NFL.

The Sporting News projects him as the No. 1 pick in the NFL draft.

"Brohm is the rare prospect who has met the great expectations and has all the tools to become an elite NFL quarterback," The Sporting News Web site said. "Despite his injuries, he is tough and willing to take hits while delivering passes. His knee and wrist must check out completely in pre-draft examinations for him to maintain his No. 1 status. That said, there is no doubt he is the type of quarterback NFL (teams) build around."

The Sporting News projects that the Detroit Lions will take Brohm with the No. 1 pick and Notre Dame quarterback Brady Quinn will go third.

James Alder from the Web site "About: Football" has Quinn projected as the top pick to the Lions and the Oakland Raiders taking Brohm at No. 3. Alder says if the Lions have a shot at either Quinn or Brohm "they can't afford to pass" with the top pick.

Draftboardinsider.com also has Quinn as the No. 1 pick and Brohm going as the second quarterback at No. 8 to Tampa Bay. NFLDraftcountdown.com has Quinn No. 1 and Brohm as the third quarterback at No. 24.

Brohm said Sunday that he simply has to "decide what's best for me, and I'll do that after the bowl game" on Jan. 2.

Jody Demling can be reached at (502) 582-7176.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 06, 2006, 06:25:14 PM

Not suprised. 

Booger

Starter

#2 : December 06, 2006, 06:26:13 PM

I hope he does, and that he projects as a top 5 pick.  I honestly think that Brady Quinn falls to the 8-12 range.

If he does, we will have a better shot at one of Johnson, Thomas, or Adams.  

gharen

Pro Bowler

#3 : December 06, 2006, 06:34:07 PM

If we had to take a qb in the first, I would want Brohm.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 06, 2006, 07:38:51 PM

If we had to take a qb in the first, I would want Brohm.

Then be thankful we dont have to take a QB in the first. Product of the system I smell.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#5 : December 06, 2006, 08:27:29 PM

no, the last thing we need is another injury prone QB

bucshot224

Second String

#6 : December 06, 2006, 10:04:08 PM

If he does declare, we would definetely have a better shot at Johnson. He'd be a pretty nice deep threat for Simms don't ya think?

Stand For Something or Fall For Anything

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 07, 2006, 09:43:07 AM

I hope he does, and that he projects as a top 5 pick.  I honestly think that Brady Quinn falls to the 8-12 range.

If he does, we will have a better shot at one of Johnson, Thomas, or Adams. 

Flip a coin becuase either one can be the #1 QB taken. Hard to tell at this point.

UMiamiBucFan

Starter

#8 : December 07, 2006, 11:35:23 AM

I hope he learns the lesson from Matt Leinart. Strike when the iron is hot. Don't let your buzz cool down. Leinart came back for his senior season instead of being the probable #1 pick (Anyone think 9ers would take Alex Smith over him?). Leinart comes back, has a great senior season, but falls to #10 because it was a deeper draft and he was old news at this point. Vince Young was all the buzz and went #3. Leinart cost himself a lot of money by coming back.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 07, 2006, 11:44:24 AM

What difference does it make...the Bucs, if they have any smarts inthe FO, will draft a DT, a DE, or a OL with their first pick.  They have to.  Every year there is going to be some way to sign a QB.  But the trenches need desperate rebuilding, and when they are dysfuntional, the team becomes dysfunctional.

Please no Quinn, no Brohm...

#10 : December 07, 2006, 11:56:29 AM

No way Brohm is a better QB than Quinn. That statement is laughable.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 08, 2006, 12:15:18 AM

Agreed. If you watched Brohm get happy feet against Rutgers, then you'd reconsider Brohm as the QB of your future. Troy Smith, when asked what his Heisman vote would be, said his teammate Ted Ginn (WR) first. Then he said Drew Stanton. I'm 100 percent with Finky in terms of who we should pick, particularly if we're top five. Go DT, DE or OT. We could get a good QB atop the second round or even lower.

In Verner We Trust

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#12 : December 08, 2006, 12:31:41 AM

What difference does it make...the Bucs, if they have any smarts inthe FO, will draft a DT, a DE, or a OL with their first pick.  They have to.

It makes plenty. The more guys like Brohm that declare, the better talent is pushed down out of round one. And seeing as how we're currently picking 3rd in round two....

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#13 : December 08, 2006, 06:33:45 AM

Brohm will be very good. Chances are Manning and Brady Like Good. If this Guy is there Bucs cannot pass on him. He has the size, strength, and Star Talent. He has lived up to the hype in College as Louisville is an offensive juggernaut. You don't get the opportunity to Draft a QB like this very often so I believe if he is there or the Bucs want him they will find a way as the Bucs FO probably sees QB as a need.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 08, 2006, 07:27:04 AM

Why are we bantering about a QB when that clearly will not be the pick in the first day this year?

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Brohm may yet declare « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools