Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Brohm may yet declare « previous next »
Page: 1 2

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 08, 2006, 08:01:19 AM

Agreed. If you watched Brohm get happy feet against Rutgers, then you'd reconsider Brohm as the QB of your future. Troy Smith, when asked what his Heisman vote would be, said his teammate Ted Ginn (WR) first. Then he said Drew Stanton. I'm 100 percent with Finky in terms of who we should pick, particularly if we're top five. Go DT, DE or OT. We could get a good QB atop the second round or even lower.

Brohm is not perfect.  Quinn has his blemishes as well.  Like I said flip a coin.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#16 : December 08, 2006, 10:00:52 AM

Why are we bantering about a QB when that clearly will not be the pick in the first day this year?

And you think we are set at QB?

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 08, 2006, 10:10:05 AM

I live in Louisville and I said not shot he would go pro 2 weeks ago but I think that he will go pro and I think he only goes pro if he is a 1st round pick. No way in hell would I take him at 3 and no way in hell will he be around in the early 2nd...no way in hell he is in tampa, unless we win out, get unreal help from other teams losing and move up in the draft.

Baghead #2

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 08, 2006, 10:23:24 AM

what a sad state for our team when there's 4 games left and we're already talking about who's declaring already.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 08, 2006, 11:24:40 AM

Why are we bantering about a QB when that clearly will not be the pick in the first day this year?

And you think we are set at QB?

While we can talk and debate about whether we are set or not; it is undeniable that it's not the priority.  No way we draft Brohm who's sure to be a first day pick...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 08, 2006, 11:33:24 AM

While we can talk and debate about whether we are set or not; it is undeniable that it's not the priority.  No way we draft Brohm who's sure to be a first day pick...

Why not? If Simms leaves and we've got Gradkowski and McCown plus the Rat we might well have a big back o' rocks at that spot. We're not gonna see a FA like Brees hit the market again. People will say Plummer but listen to what Gruden said, "We're looking for guys who can help us win championships". Does anyone here think Plummer is that guy? No. If we want to get that kind of QB then QB might be a prioirity as much as we need LOT, DE, UT that position could be in the mix.

People don't want QB because they want quick fix but frankly rookie DE and DT don't hit their first years normally - evn the Calvin Johnson fans shouldn't get too worked up as rookie WR's usually don't boom either. Rookie LOT's do but that's not a "Wow" spot. Given where we are right now I'm not sure that QB, DE, UT, LOT aren't our biggest needs. I'm not sure what order they are and it might be 1a, 1b, 1c, 1d.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 08, 2006, 11:38:05 AM

While we can talk and debate about whether we are set or not; it is undeniable that it's not the priority. No way we draft Brohm who's sure to be a first day pick...

Why not? If Simms leaves and we've got Gradkowski and McCown plus the Rat we might well have a big back o' rocks at that spot. We're not gonna see a FA like Brees hit the market again. People will say Plummer but listen to what Gruden said, "We're looking for guys who can help us win championships". Does anyone here think Plummer is that guy? No. If we want to get that kind of QB then QB might be a prioirity as much as we need LOT, DE, UT that position could be in the mix.

People don't want QB because they want quick fix but frankly rookie DE and DT don't hit their first years normally - evn the Calvin Johnson fans shouldn't get too worked up as rookie WR's usually don't boom either. Rookie LOT's do but that's not a "Wow" spot. Given where we are right now I'm not sure that QB, DE, UT, LOT aren't our biggest needs. I'm not sure what order they are and it might be 1a, 1b, 1c, 1d.

I'll hear the arguement but I'm not biting.  I just don't think we can afford to draft a QB on the first day.  I personally wouldn't agree with that but that's just me.  I can't see it, not next year.  Now Grads may prove to be a bust and then hindsight will settle over all the PR draft gurus and make it an issue.  Today, I can't see it.  Especially with who's going to be available...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 08, 2006, 11:43:27 AM

While we can talk and debate about whether we are set or not; it is undeniable that it's not the priority. No way we draft Brohm who's sure to be a first day pick...

I'll hear the arguement but I'm not biting.  I just don't think we can afford to draft a QB on the first day.  I personally wouldn't agree with that but that's just me.  I can't see it, not next year.  Now Grads may prove to be a bust and then hindsight will settle over all the PR draft gurus and make it an issue.  Today, I can't see it.  Especially with who's going to be available...

We also know Gruden is craving for a verteran QB to run this offense. He doesn't have the time to groom another rookie QB at this point. All the time Grads is getting now will pay off in the future, please don't pick a QB with a top pick. it would be a waste.

I personally would love to see Trent Green here next year.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 08, 2006, 11:49:02 AM

I'll hear the arguement but I'm not biting.  I just don't think we can afford to draft a QB on the first day. 

Again, if our QB's are bad - and the staff drafting one tells you they are - then how can you afford to not draft a QB?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 08, 2006, 12:03:25 PM

I think there is a very compeling reason for Brohm to come out, just talk to Matt Leinhart. He went from sure fire #1 pick to 7th? How much money did he lose?

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 08, 2006, 12:14:12 PM

I'll hear the argument but I'm not biting. I just don't think we can afford to draft a QB on the first day.

Again, if our QB's are bad - and the staff drafting one tells you they are - then how can you afford to not draft a QB?

I guess because in my own mind I don't think they are bad, just young.  There is a difference.  However, they have to prove that.  Most supporters of Grads, even Simms for that matter, feel they haven't had enough time to get it.  Now that they've done the once around, the experience they've garnered should translate.  That's not always the case, but I'm sure that's the hope.  I'm sure we'll go looking for a quality vet backup, but not a new guy to groom again.  Especially if JG is on the short rope most either predict or want...

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 08, 2006, 01:01:48 PM

Guys this is a mute point....Brohm will not enter the draft unless he is guarnteed a 1st round pick. As I said previously, we wouldn't take him in the top 5 and he will either be gone before the 2nd round or he won't declare eligible. No discussion here...

Baghead #2

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 08, 2006, 01:05:19 PM

Guys this is a mute point....Brohm will not enter the draft unless he is guarnteed a 1st round pick.

I think that they will tell him that he is projected to go in the first round easily.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 08, 2006, 01:10:46 PM

As do I and I think he declares for the draft and I cannot imagine us taking him if we are picking in the top five. So, the outcome of this is either we take him in the top 5, which seems highly unlikely at this point or he goes some where in the first round or he does not declare eligible because there is no way he would declare unless he was going in R1. I would say he stays unless he is guarnteed to go in the top 15. It would take a lot to get Brohm to come out because if he stays and has a good year, and he should, then he would be sitting easily in the top 5 to top 10.

Baghead #2
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Brohm may yet declare « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools